Who's fault is the Deepwater Horizon oil spill?

But don't they still have the options of having higher quality materials? If so it still leaves them responsible. Even if someone wanted to pin the blame on those who made (or however they do it), no one will accept that.
This equipment is all supposed to be top grade, I have mever heard of a second rate BOP being available. Because of the high pressures involved and the potential cost of any malfunction, there is no such thing as second grade equipment. "When a contract is signed for a well the suppliers are all selected amd they provide whatever is necessary. Here is one of the most commonly used names in the industry. just read their product line and you will get an idea of the type of services in demand from them: http://www.halliburton.com/ps/

---snip---They hold responsibility for the working condition of that rig no matter who "made" it. That is how it works in USA, that is, not sure about other countries.
So,... if I hired you to work for me, and your vehicle's steering failed on the way to work, causing the death of several people, you think that I would be to blame because I hired you?

If you read the last paragraph of my last post, it appears that the drilling company (Transocean) may have altered the BOP or used it incorrectly. If this is so, then the blame will be theirs.

Last edited:
So,... if I hired you to work for me, and your vehicle's steering failed on the way to work, causing the death of several people, you think that I would be to blame because I hired you?

If you read the last paragraph of my last post, it appears that the drilling company (Transocean) may have altered the BOP or used it incorrectly. If this is so, then the blame will be theirs.

If that is a company vehicle that you supplied for me, then yes, you would be held responsible for my well-being in that vehicle as long as I am using it correctly.

If they altered or done something incorrect, then it is their blame, and should have fixed it. It really don't matter to be honest, as no one (especially those affected by the spill) is going to accept the "blame game" if BP even wanted. I know you feel they are attacking the wrong company though. To be honest I don't feel any "legal" action really need to be taken because it was an accident and everyone knows the risks involved with oil drilling.

Please READ what I said,

It doesn't matter a fig whether people want to accept the courts judgement or not, the court will deduce who is responsible and will make their judgement. This will not be based on whether people might like it or not, it will be based on responsibility and guilt.

Why don't you admit it, not only do you know absolutely nothing about oil drilling, you are not wanting to learn, all you want is someone to agree with you.

I'm afraid to say you'll have to find another idiot to massage your ego.

Last edited:
Why don't you admit it, not only do you know absolutely nothing about oil drilling, you are not wanting to learn, all you want is someone to agree with you.

I'm afraid to say you'll have to find another idiot to massage your ego.

I don't know much about oil drilling, but I am also not really trying to get someone to agree (we are the only ones talking about this atm anyways). I just believe they are responsible no matter what to be honest. No matter who did the actual "drilling" its BP's rig, and they should have kept two eyes open for incidents. Not only that, but they didn't seem at all near prepared for an incident.

That is my belief on this matter.

Good luck I say with the courts. If they see any maintenance delays and anyway to have prevented it, then they will judge BP guilty no matter what.

I don't see how you disagree to BP being responsible just because they didn't do the actual drilling.

Last edited:
Back