Whole lotta money.

Worth every single penny.

And when you look at it other countries really don't compete (no offense). The US is very much in a leage of its own.

Im not saying I disagree with it, just we spend so much more than any body else it just seems like we should be so far ahead, and were not THAT far ahead.

Rabs said:
Im not saying I disagree with it, just we spend so much more than any body else it just seems like we should be so far ahead, and were not THAT far ahead.

You're kidding me? We just orchestrated two of the most successful major combat invastions of sovereign countries in history in a period of 15 months(?)

No other country in the world could even dream of such a feat.

Has anyone ever looked at how much the U.S. gives in foreign aid each year? Just curious as I would not even know where to look.

wow thats alot of money.. even maintaining an army of 1.4mil sounds expensive to me already.. I hope they stop spending.. because those debt will be passed on.. ugh..

With the competition between Army, Navy and Airforce, do you feel there is a lot of duplication in research and weapons and if they all sat down and discussed what they need and why a plan could be made.

We could cut the budget in half and still have left overs if we'd stop paying 500 bucks for a toilet seat and 100 bucks for an ink pen. :bang:

I think they cracked down on that, oh, a good twenty years ago...

The answer is, Rabs, that there is no equal to the US at this point. Even during a major war...can you imagine a buildup comparative to the WWII buildup, during the present age?

It'd be amazing to see.

c/Commander said:
I think they cracked down on that, oh, a good twenty years ago...

Um, no they haven't and they never will. It's how government spending works.

PJ24 said:
We could cut the budget in half and still have left overs if we'd stop paying 500 bucks for a toilet seat and 100 bucks for an ink pen. :bang:

Uh, no, that was how they used to fund black projects because you don't exactly write in your budget

Area 51..................................................$10 million
Stealth Aircraft that no one knows about.......$50 million

Whispering Death said:
Uh, no, that was how they used to fund black projects because you don't exactly write in your budget

Area 51..................................................$10 million
Stealth Aircraft that no one knows about.......$50 million

Actually, the USG has always paid more for products and it rarely has anything to do with so called "black projects." It is called "special interests," and "price gouging."

In 2001 we were paying 600 dollars for sinks worth 35 dollars due to a computer hiccup and contractors taking advantage of the bug.

In 2006 I took a commercial flight to Florida at the government's expense while on government business. A ticket that would have cost me $250 cost the government $1,235.

The government overpays, always has and most likely always will.

It would be an inventory nightmare to attempt to fund a multi-million dollar program by over paying for toilet seats, hammers, nails and various other small items.

Let's not get carried away with conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
RnderSafe said:
Actually, the USG has always paid more for products and it rarely has anything to do with so called "black projects." It is called "special interests," and "price gouging."

In 2001 we were paying 600 dollars for sinks worth 35 dollars due to a computer hiccup and contractors taking advantage of the bug.

In 2006 I took a commercial flight to Florida at the government's expense while on government business. A ticket that would have cost me $250 cost the government $1,235.

The government overpays, always has and most likely always will.

It would be an inventory nightmare to attempt to fund a multi-million dollar program by over paying for toilet seats, hammers, nails and various other small items.

Let's not get carried away with conspiracy theories.

If it is a conspiracy theory then the bad guy would have to be all those businesses out there saying average joe can pay XX and Uncle same gets to pay XXX .

Marinerhodes said:
If it is a conspiracy theory then the bad guy would have to be all those businesses out there saying average joe can pay XX and Uncle same gets to pay XXX .

The conspiracy theory is not in contractors over charging the government, this is a fact that cannot be denied. It is in the government paying the prices they do for small items to fund "black projects." We have other budgetary means of funding classified projects. None of them include paying several thousand dollars for coffee pots.

Back