WHO WAS THIS?

Woot woot!!! You rock!!!! Have you read his book? Awesome read!!!!
HUZAH - pretty hard to track down so wasn’t sure if I got it right.
Unfortunately not but as soon as I finish all the books on my current list, I will certainly seek it out.

I think you guys are just too good for me - but I'll hang on in here!
I think I’ll hand my turn over to Del.:p

HUZAH - pretty hard to track down so wasn’t sure if I got it right.
Unfortunately not but as soon as I finish all the books on my current list, I will certainly seek it out.

"My Men Are My Heroes: The Brad Kasal Story." Everyone should read it. :)

Your turn, Del!! :)

OK guys, thank you kindly - I can't win a go for myself at the moment it seems!

Right :- He always carried two pens - Why?

WHO WAS THIS?

Edit (clue - he was a famous author)

Last edited:
No - but of similar fame. First half of 20th century he was big. Even liked a bit of sci-fi! It's a good one, worth the wait. Not American.

All good answers - TOG is probably closest - looking along those lines. This is a big story-teller! You gotta hear him to believe it,but who would believe it.

Absolutely Mr KK. H.G.Wells.

He always carried two pens. He claimed the big one was for long words, and the smaller one for short words!

How about that. BTW - did you like my clues? I was referring to Howard Hughes radio news broadcast in the 1930's, which led to panic by reporting the Martian invasion. (War of the Worlds).

Over to you Mr KK.

Howard Hughes or Orson Wells?.
Orson Wells narrated the radio play of War Of The Worlds in the 30's and I was going to say him but but remembered it was H.G. that wrote the story.

Sorry Mr KK - it was indeed Orson Welles - Sunday Oct 30th, 1938. I have been away for a couple of days, and I posted that in a hurry before leaving, and had a temporary memory lapse. I realised that whilst I was driving away but had to wait until my return to correct it! A case of being too familiar with the subject, I'm afraid. Great story, in fact.

Right, and back to you, Mr KK.

My dad's got a copy of Orson Wells' broadcast that he taped off the radio a few years ago. A local radio station broadcasts it every Halloween. I can see why it caused such a panic back in the day. :shock:

Sorry to take so long with this one but my computer crashed and have been trying to recover a lot of my work.
This shouldn't be too hard, while he was in command of Guantanamo Bay, what did Rear Admiral John D. Bulkeley have erected on the site in retaliation to the Cubans.
Here's a hint, its not the water purification plant but it is also still there today.

Back