Whites the new minority in America by 2044

hamidreza

http://rt.com/usa/214651-whites-minority-population-america/

New population projections by the US Census Bureau show that whites will become a minority by 2044. The US will be home to a youthful, growing minority population juxtaposed against an aging, slow-growing, and soon to be declining white population.
The new projections from the Census Bureau show two trends for American’s population: a long-term decline for the nation’s white population – which will make up 49.7 percent of the population by 2044 – and a growth of minorities such as Asians, Latinos, and multiracial persons.
In fact, the Latino, Asian, and multiracial populations are all expected to double in size over the next 40 years. Specifically, Latinos are projected to make up 25.1 percent of the US population in 2044, doubling that of African-Americans.
The pace of U.S. population growth is slowing, and the population continues to become more diverse,” Kenneth Johnson, senior demographer at the University of New Hampshire’s Carsey School of Public Policy, told Al Jazeera America. “This will produce a rich tapestry of demographic change in the U.S. over the next several decades.”
READ MORE: Earth could face mass animal extinction within century
The other emerging trend is the aging of the white population, which by 2060 will make up just 44 percent of the population. Of that, 55 percent will be 65 years and older. And by 2027, more than half of America’s twenty-somethings will be racial minorities. During the 2028 presidential election, 40 percent of all eligible voters will be racial minorities.

Jason O. Watson / Getty Images / AFP

The population changes are being brought about by higher birth rates among minority populations, mixed households, and more interracial marriages. Against those trends are the declining growth rates and rapid aging of the white population – the result of both lower birth rates among younger white Americans, and the advancing age of the Baby Boom generation.
Thirty percent all grandparents in America have a grandchild of a different race or ethnicity, and the diversity in this country is growing in so many ways, we are just starting to get a grasp on those changes,” Guy Garcia, president of New Mainstream Initiatives for Ethnifacts, told Latin Post.
Gay parents, when they adopt, there is a high rate of multicultural adoptions. We have all these new variation and permutations of the American family. It’s going to continue to happen, and the highest growth is coming from people of color, but they are mixing and merging and having children with people of every race, and it is going to continue to be that way.”
READ MORE: Noam Chomsky on America: ‘This is a very racist society’
Garcia said that technology and social media, with its instantaneous speed and global reach, is enabling new ways of expression for inter-ethnic communities and communities that never existed before.
“That hyper-connected future includes Ambiculturals – people of colors who are retaining the values and flavors of their cultural origins as well as their American sensibilities, and fluidly exploring and advancing opportunities of both,” Garcia said.
Garcia said that in the 2010 US Census, nine million people checked multiple identification boxes. They might have checked white, Hispanic or other, and even the Census chief, Robert Groves, said they weren’t capturing how people see themselves.
READ MORE: Poverty-stricken neighborhoods almost triple in US
Garcia said self-identification is starting to shift, with some people saying they are 100 percent Latino, Asian, or African-American, as well as 100 percent American.
Paul Taylor in his book 'The Next America' said the changes will produce generational competition in future decades over resources and government priorities. And according to the US Census data, later in the 21st century there will be no majority demographic group in the United States.

Yeah there is a certain amount of scaremongering involved in statistics like that because it assumes each individual is a set ethnicity which isn't the case, for example to the world I am a New Zealander however within New Zealand I am mixed race my grandmother on one side was Maori, my Grandfather on the same side was a New Zealander and on the other side I have a Swedish or Norwegian (cant quite figure it out) grandfather and an English grandmother.

So what am I, New Zealand Maori or New Zealand European?

The answer is simple I am a New Zealander I was born here the rest is irrelevant and it is the same in America I am prepared to bet that despite looking Asian, European, Hispanic etc. most of them see themselves as Americans.

Yeah there is a certain amount of scaremongering involved in statistics like that because it assumes each individual is a set ethnicity which isn't the case, for example to the world I am a New Zealander however within New Zealand I am mixed race my grandmother on one side was Maori, my Grandfather on the same side was a New Zealander and on the other side I have a Swedish or Norwegian (cant quite figure it out) grandfather and an English grandmother.

So what am I, New Zealand Maori or New Zealand European?

The answer is simple I am a New Zealander I was born here the rest is irrelevant and it is the same in America I am prepared to bet that despite looking Asian, European, Hispanic etc. most of them see themselves as Americans.
yes all of them are American but the US you see now and the US which most of it's people will be Non-white race have a lot of difference. I think the point of this news is this matter.

Last edited:
yes all of them are American but the US you see now and the US which most of it's people will be Non-white race have a lot of difference. I think the point of this news is this matter.

Well I, for one, see Americans as Americans. I don't care about the color of your skin or which god you pray to. We're ALL Americans here.

Well I, for one, see Americans as Americans. I don't care about the color of your skin or which god you pray to. We're ALL Americans here.
well, it is OK but my question is what will happen when more than 50% of your Presidents, Ministers, Senators, Politicians, military, Judges .... are Latins race or Chinese race or black race or ... when more than half of your people are Non-white race ? It is the thing we don't have it experience before.

As I have many times asked what color are Americans ? , but as we have seen with Obamas election when minorities vote in a block whites are all ready a minority , I can't believe that we have put up with that fool for 6 years and still have two more to go .

well, it is OK but my question is what will happen when more than 50% of your Presidents, Ministers, Senators, Politicians, military, Judges .... are Latins race or Chinese race or black race or ... when more than half of your people are Non-white race ? It is the thing we don't have it experience before.

I agree it will take a bit of an adjustment in peoples thinking to accept the change but I do not think it is as big of an adjustment as is thought, the fact is the world is a very small place and in the end it will just be one big homogenous blob of human DNA because of constant inter-racial marriage and breeding.

I don't see it as good or bad but rather inevitable.

To be perfectly honest I could not tell you the "ethnic" make up of New Zealands government primarily because I assume they are all New Zealanders no matter what they look like and I really just don't care what they were in the past.

This whole thing probably should be in the Politics section. Liberals seem to be trying to end all aspects of "Traditional America" including busting "The Great American Melting Pot" where regardless of where you were from you were expected to become one of "us". Now under the guise of "Diversity" they're pushing that where you're from is more important than where you are now, Balkanizing America with the Democrats dividing the population up into groups competing to get govt. benefits.

This whole thing probably should be in the Politics section. Liberals seem to be trying to end all aspects of "Traditional America" including busting "The Great American Melting Pot" where regardless of where you were from you were expected to become one of "us". Now under the guise of "Diversity" they're pushing that where you're from is more important than where you are now, Balkanizing America with the Democrats dividing the population up into groups competing to get govt. benefits.

Yes George, you're right, this thread should be in the Politics section.

Dadsgirl

I agree it will take a bit of an adjustment in peoples thinking to accept the change but I do not think it is as big of an adjustment as is thought, the fact is the world is a very small place and in the end it will just be one big homogenous blob of human DNA because of constant inter-racial marriage and breeding.

I don't see it as good or bad but rather inevitable.

To be perfectly honest I could not tell you the "ethnic" make up of New Zealands government primarily because I assume they are all New Zealanders no matter what they look like and I really just don't care what they were in the past.
13 percentage of the US people are black and 11 percentage of them are latino but what percentage of the US politicians are black or Latino? It should be 24% but it isn't.I think blacks+Latinos don't have the same as Jews power in the US which are 2 percentage of the US population. it seems that there is racism in the US. If the ratio of the different races in the US changes, I think you will have some problem in future.
It always was a question for me, why the black people in the US are successful in the things which are related to body power like basketball, boxing or athletics but in the fields which are related to mind power are weak like university degrees or politic or law??

Last edited:
13 percentage of the US people are black and 11 percentage of them are latino but what percentage of the US politicians are black or Latino? It should be 24% but it isn't.I think blacks+Latinos don't have the same as Jews power in the US which are 2 percentage of the US population.

Your argument only stands up if you put colour and ethnicity ahead of nationality because no matter what colour, shape or size they are still all American as you indicated when you called them "US people".

hamidreza this is simple racist fear mongering. A generation or 2 ago they were in fear the Italians and Polish-eastern Europeans would tip the balance and degrade society. At that time the % of people in the US living at the poverty level was substantially highly at least 35 % until WW2 pumped up the economy.
Now that they are integrated into society they worry about the Hispanics (which BTW have long since integrated themselves into society in Florida and California) or the Haitians (who are very hard working) or ?
On my street live people of widely varying ethnicities live: blacks, East Indians, Orientals, whites. We get along fine. It was the same in the work place.
I'm old enough to remember when this wasn't the case. But presently most people in the US have put these petty prejudices behind them.

Last edited:
Racism exists everywhere, it always has and always will but I am not sure it is quite as endemic as is made out.

I have always believed that the human race does not tolerate difference well so if we were all the same race, religion or political alignment we would simply find something else to hate about each other.

Ditto.

Uhh nothing will happen? The sun will still rise and set. People will still live. And football will still be on Monday nights. When you say "we don't experience it before," I think you mean to say that you as a non-American cannot comprehend. I'm pretty sure I speak for the majority of the sane Americans when I say that I don't care that if you're white, black, yellow brown, pink, or blue, as long as you live and breathe American values, then I am okay with you being my neighbor, president, ceo, etc. America is called the melting pot of the world for a reason.

Back