A White Obama??

--
Boots

March 11th, 2008  
Del Boy

Topic: A White Obama??

An interesting point of view broadcast on BBC News tonight, that has not occurred to me before. One of Hilary Clinton's political associates says that Obama owes his current position ONLY to the fact that he is black, that if it were not so he would not have received any consideration at all. A white Obama would have been of no interest to the electorate.

Did anyone else consider this? What do you think? (Well -- it IS election time, ain't it.)
March 12th, 2008  
A Can of Man

I think it was very low of the Hillary camp to say something like that.
March 12th, 2008  
senojekips

Typical political mud slinging, and I don't even know the man. A very low blow.
--
Boots
March 12th, 2008  
mmarsh

It was Geraldine Ferraro who said it, she ran as Walter Mondale's running mate in 1988.

Hillary is backpeddling on this...
March 12th, 2008  
Ted

Well... if the gloves are off, why don't they repley by saying: Hillary only owes her current position due to the fact she is a woman. Two can play that game, can't they?
March 12th, 2008  
A Can of Man

Maybe Obama doesn't want to sink that low.
Hillary wouldn't be where she is if it weren't for her husband. That's for sure.
March 12th, 2008  
Team Infidel

Geraldine Ferraro is an idiot
March 12th, 2008  
Vigilante

If, in 1984, my name was Gerard Ferraro instead of Geraldine Ferraro, I would never have been the nominee for VP.
March 12th, 2008  
Del Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Maybe Obama doesn't want to sink that low.
Hillary wouldn't be where she is if it weren't for her husband. That's for sure.

Very fine riposte there Redneck. It has the added virtue of being absolutely true. And nice one Vigilante.