White House Affirms Lieberman's Attack Warning

AikiRooster

Tube Monkey USMC
In response to Sen. Joe Lieberman�s warning Sunday on CBS� �Face the Nation� that the United States will likely face a terrorist attack in 2009, White House Press Secretary Dana Perino agreed Monday, saying, �I think Senator Lieberman, unfortunately, could be right.�

Perino says Lieberman�s warning that terrorists could test the new president with an attack next year might just hold true. The spokeswomen for the Bush Administration agrees with Lieberman�s assessment that extremists determined to attack the U.S. will likely exploit the situation of a newly elected president assuming office.

�The only reason I say that is because we know that there are people who are very dangerous who are trying to attack us every day," Perino says in an official White House press briefing transcript provided Monday and released through Associated Press.

Lieberman, the four-term Independent Party senator from Connecticut, supports presidential candidate John McCain, R-Ariz., in the upcoming November election and feels McCain will be better prepared than presidential rival Barack Obama, D-Ill., to handle on early attack on U.S. soil.

�Our enemies will test the new president early [in the new administration],� Lieberman forewarns. �Remember, the truck bombing of the World Trade Center happened in the first year of the Clinton administration, and 9/11 happened in the first year of the Bush administration."

Lieberman says the United States is in desperate need of a commander-in-chief who will best be prepared to lead the nation immediately upon taking office and says McCain is that candidate because �he doesn�t need any training. He knows the world. He's been tested, and he's ready to protect the security of the American people.�

Lieberman reminds, �We�re in a war against Islamic extremists who attacked us on 9/11, and they�ve been trying to attack us in many ways since then.�

Perino, when asked about that statement, says Lieberman is correct in his assessment that there continues to be extremists determined to attack the U.S., according to a report from AHN.

"The reason I say it's unfortunate that Senator Lieberman could be right is that with all these terrorists plotting to kill innocent people � not just in America but elsewhere, amongst our allies, or even innocent Muslims like we've seen in Iraq and elsewhere � they only have to be right once,� Perino says.

�And we have to be right all the time. So he [Lieberman] could be right, but we're doing everything we can to prevent it."

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/...2008/07/01/108973.html?s=al&promo_code=654C-1

This is the same fear mongering that Bush as pulled over the past few years. Don't be fooled.

And Lieberman is the best US senator Israel has got in Washington DC. Personally, I don't believing in fighting wars on Israels behalf, especially when its being touted by a Mossad Chickenhawk, the same one that pushed us into attacking Iraq. So hes already 0-1.

Last edited:
This is the same fear mongering that Bush as pulled over the past few years. Don't be fooled.

And Lieberman is the best US senator Israel has got in Washington DC. Personally, I don't believing in fighting wars on Israels behalf, especially when its being touted by a Mossad Chickenhawk, the same one that pushed us into attacking Iraq. So hes already 0-1.

MM - that is a very agenda-led and head stuck firmly in the sand attitude to a real problem. Such threats are not fairy stories, they are real, just as 9/11 was real. Please wake up and smell the coffee.

And if you truly believe what you say here - then NO WAY can you ever
vote for Obama, who holds precisely the opposing views to yours on this subject.

MM - that is a very agenda-led and head stuck firmly in the sand attitude to a real problem. Such threats are not fairy stories, they are real, just as 9/11 was real. Please wake up and smell the coffee.

And if you truly believe what you say here - then NO WAY can you ever
vote for Obama, who holds precisely the opposing views to yours on this subject.
-------------------------------------------------------------

"All We have to fear is Fear Itself" -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

This statement was made by a brilliant President, one of the greatest in US History, not the dishonest disaster we have now, and what held true in 1933 against Nazi aggression holds equally true today against Islamic Terrorism.

Did you ever hear FDR say that if you didn't vote for him the 4 times he was in office, the Nazis would strike America? That's the difference between a REAL war president and one who just thinks he is. And let me tell you, the Nazis were far more dangerous then the worst 13th century Islamic barbarian washout the Middle East can hatch.

The WORST moments of American history have been when we allowed our fear to replace our reason. i.e The Japanese Internment, the Ku Klux Klan,
the Red Scare, McCarthism, etc...

I refuse to hid under my bed simply because Lieberman, Bush, McCain and others said I should. You have a better chance of getting hit by a car in Times Square (which is unlikely as traffic moves very slowly) then being victim to a terrorist attack.

So I say "Screw You"! to both the Terrorists and to the self-serving politicans who use our fear of Islamic terrorism in order to get elected. F*** them both. (Pardon my French).

What Lieberman said is EXACTLY the fearing mongering, people like Bush, Cheney and Lieberman have been pushing for the past 8 years, I don't buy it anymore and frankly neither should you.

And I espicially don't appreciate it when it comes from a Senator whose countries alliegences are so distorted it hard to tell whether hes American or Israeli politician.

I stopped reading the post when I saw the dishonest disaster comment.
I don't think President Bush has been dishonest. I think he's been tight lipped to accomplish the mission at times perhaps. When the whole truth comes out, it will be nice to see you Bush haters apologize, but that may take too much manhood.

I fail to see how stories like this are called news. We could've covered them all a long time ago by saying "Terrorists are out there," once.

I stopped reading the post when I saw the dishonest disaster comment.
I don't think President Bush has been dishonest. I think he's been tight lipped to accomplish the mission at times perhaps. When the whole truth comes out, it will be nice to see you Bush haters apologize, but that may take too much manhood.

Once again, your comments are that of a living-in-denial apologist. You question my lack of manhood? Trust me, there is no manhood to be found in being deaf, dumb, and blind.

You mention the truth coming out, -its Bush Administration itself that has fought tooth and nail to prevent the truth from coming out. The 9-11 commission, the WMD inquiry, the Energy Task Force, the warrentless wiretapping program inquiry, the inquiry on torture, I could go on... Rove and Meirs refusal to testify about how they pressured a prosecutor to prosecute a Democrat Governor for political gain, Speak volumes.

The truth will come out, and I gaurentee you, it wont be the kind your expecting. As a matter of fact, if Obama is elected it wouldnt surprise me if you start seeing indictments, Karl Rove is particular is already in serious Hot Water.

And of course there was Scooter libby incident, jailed for lying to Federal investigators. (Because hes such an honest guy).

And I'll go a step further. If they ever find functional WMD program in Iraq (not some 30 year old rusted arty shell or the like) that was working after the 1991 Gulf War. I will publically admit Bush was right and I will buy you a case of beer. Similarily if its discovered that WMD in Iraq was a snowjob you do the same.

Do we have a deal? I like imported beer.

Last edited:
A truly determined attack can't be stopped. Although its effectiveness and target choices may be limited somewhat.

Regardless of how anyone feels about the reasons for and the conduct of the War in Iraq or the methods and intel (or lack of) used. The fact remains that there are terrorists who would like nothing better than to hit a high a value target in the US and/or other western countries.

The fact also remains that a vast majority of these terrorists are members of fundamentalist islamic sects.

So while I put little creedance Liebarman the prediction is a possibilty. To ignore it would be a head in the sand act.

Like I said, perhaps there should be a week of Hands-off where all Law Enforcement and the entire military just takes a hike and guarantee that all crimes, no matter how gruesome, committed during this time will be forgiven.
We'll see how much fun everyone will have then.

Regardless of how anyone feels about the reasons for and the conduct of the War in Iraq or the methods and intel (or lack of) used. The fact remains that there are terrorists who would like nothing better than to hit a high a value target in the US and/or other western countries.

The fact also remains that a vast majority of these terrorists are members of fundamentalist islamic sects.

So while I put little creedance Liebarman the prediction is a possibilty. To ignore it would be a head in the sand act.

-----------------------------------------------

I don't think anybody denies that USMC03. Even the most staunchest far left liberal you can find is aware of the danger of Islamic Terrorism.

What I find so repulsive is the notion that "only Republicans" can protect us from a terrorist attack. That voting for a Democrat is to invite a terror attack.

Dick Cheney said exactly this in 2004, and McCain advisors seem to be suggesting it as well, Joe Lieberman and Charlie Black most recently...

I find it especially outrageous as a New Yorker, because it was a Republican Adminstration that was asleep at the wheel on 9-11, an attack that cost 3000 of our citizens. The GOP failed to protect us the first time, and they dare claim that only "they" can do so now? What Horse hockey...

Those types of statements are designed to create an atmosphere of fear that is used for the purposes of political advancement only.

Just me but I have no confidence in eithier party. You have one saying they can protect us the other saying we need to dialouge with terrorists.Both sides are so fulla crap that their eyes are brown.

Just me but I have no confidence in eithier party. You have one saying they can protect us the other saying we need to dialouge with terrorists.Both sides are so fulla crap that their eyes are brown.

Heh, We got what we deserved for failing to listen to George Washington's warning about creating political parties.

What's more, it's not just confined to the USA either.

What you wrote pissed me off, but looking back at it now, I wish I didn't make the manhood comment. That was probably a bit offensive to you and Thank you for not being overly defensive. I'll try harder to disagree with you and others (when I do) with some decency and tact.

What you wrote pissed me off, but looking back at it now, I wish I didn't make the manhood comment. That was probably a bit offensive to you and Thank you for not being overly defensive. I'll try harder to disagree with you and others (when I do) with some decency and tact.

You and I will not agree on much politically, but I'll give you all due credit for being a man and apologizing. Its nice to see someone with a good deal of maturity, some people here can be downright nasty. So kudos to you sir, Your Apology is accepted, think nothing more about it.

Back