White House Affirms Lieberman's Attack Warning - Page 2

--
Boots

July 3rd, 2008  
03USMC

Regardless of how anyone feels about the reasons for and the conduct of the War in Iraq or the methods and intel (or lack of) used. The fact remains that there are terrorists who would like nothing better than to hit a high a value target in the US and/or other western countries.

The fact also remains that a vast majority of these terrorists are members of fundamentalist islamic sects.

So while I put little creedance Liebarman the prediction is a possibilty. To ignore it would be a head in the sand act.
July 3rd, 2008  
A Can of Man

Like I said, perhaps there should be a week of Hands-off where all Law Enforcement and the entire military just takes a hike and guarantee that all crimes, no matter how gruesome, committed during this time will be forgiven.
We'll see how much fun everyone will have then.
July 4th, 2008  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Regardless of how anyone feels about the reasons for and the conduct of the War in Iraq or the methods and intel (or lack of) used. The fact remains that there are terrorists who would like nothing better than to hit a high a value target in the US and/or other western countries.

The fact also remains that a vast majority of these terrorists are members of fundamentalist islamic sects.

So while I put little creedance Liebarman the prediction is a possibilty. To ignore it would be a head in the sand act.
-----------------------------------------------

I don't think anybody denies that USMC03. Even the most staunchest far left liberal you can find is aware of the danger of Islamic Terrorism.

What I find so repulsive is the notion that "only Republicans" can protect us from a terrorist attack. That voting for a Democrat is to invite a terror attack.

Dick Cheney said exactly this in 2004, and McCain advisors seem to be suggesting it as well, Joe Lieberman and Charlie Black most recently...

I find it especially outrageous as a New Yorker, because it was a Republican Adminstration that was asleep at the wheel on 9-11, an attack that cost 3000 of our citizens. The GOP failed to protect us the first time, and they dare claim that only "they" can do so now? What Horse hockey...

Those types of statements are designed to create an atmosphere of fear that is used for the purposes of political advancement only.
--
Boots
July 4th, 2008  
03USMC

Just me but I have no confidence in eithier party. You have one saying they can protect us the other saying we need to dialouge with terrorists.Both sides are so fulla crap that their eyes are brown.
July 5th, 2008  
A Can of Man

Couldn't agree more 03...
July 5th, 2008  
Del Boy

This is the problem.
July 6th, 2008  
mmarsh

Quote:
Just me but I have no confidence in eithier party. You have one saying they can protect us the other saying we need to dialouge with terrorists.Both sides are so fulla crap that their eyes are brown.
Heh, We got what we deserved for failing to listen to George Washington's warning about creating political parties.
July 6th, 2008  
senojekips

Quote:
What's more, it's not just confined to the USA either.
July 6th, 2008  
AikiRooster

What you wrote pissed me off, but looking back at it now, I wish I didn't make the manhood comment. That was probably a bit offensive to you and Thank you for not being overly defensive. I'll try harder to disagree with you and others (when I do) with some decency and tact.
July 6th, 2008  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikiRooster
What you wrote pissed me off, but looking back at it now, I wish I didn't make the manhood comment. That was probably a bit offensive to you and Thank you for not being overly defensive. I'll try harder to disagree with you and others (when I do) with some decency and tact.
You and I will not agree on much politically, but I'll give you all due credit for being a man and apologizing. Its nice to see someone with a good deal of maturity, some people here can be downright nasty. So kudos to you sir, Your Apology is accepted, think nothing more about it.