Where will WWIII start?

View Poll Results :Where do you think WWIII will start?
China/Taiwan 11 24.44%
Korea 4 8.89%
Eastern Europe 4 8.89%
Isreal/Palestine 5 11.11%
North Africa 1 2.22%
Russia 0 0%
Western Europe 2 4.44%
India/Pakistan 4 8.89%
South America 0 0%
Other 14 31.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

January 17th, 2005  
Damien435

Topic: Where will WWIII start?

Where do you think WWIII will start? If your choice is not listed mark other and feel free to state your opinions, since this is all anything posted here can be.
January 17th, 2005  
Sexybeast

well...it seems china and taiwan is not gettting well together and they are likely to have a war SOON..., while other choices above seem to be less unstable compared to china/taiwan
January 17th, 2005  
k19

I will say 90% it will happen in Asia, but things never are that simple. Although seems Taiwan-China relation post an immanent possible conflict, three sides, including U.S, do have a balance both politically and militarily at the region. Without any outside trigger to definitely shift the balance, I will say the Taiwan-China face off would go for another 10 years. it both serve as China's interest and American’s interest, also most of the Taiwanese people's interests.(although the ruling separatist party might not think the same way, but hard to impose any changes into action because of the public opinions.)

Maybe surprise to a lot of people, but I have to say, Japan post more of a real thread even than Taiwan itself. If Japan continuing its controversial policy in Asia, and resist to follow the Germany’s posts WW2 policies around the region, it might trigger a unwanted war which will lead to a world level conflict. Japan is not a peace loving nation, and it has never been one, uprising disputes, such as border, energy, historic problem, in recent years with China has put two nation’s relations on ice, and the Japanese, not like the U.S , takes very different view on Taiwan issue as well. They more prefer the separation of Taiwan, over 90% or Japan’s import oil has to go over the region, a complete control of that regain by China is simply unimaginable. Japan is more likely to use the Taiwan issue to play with China where could reach a breaking point. 20 of South America tiny island country’s supports Taiwan as a nation could not let the Taiwan fearlessly to go head to declare independence, but 1 country like Japan can do just that. And a world wide conflict can start just like that…..

For more issues regarding on the china-Japan relations, you could see my post under the “Topic: China' army”, page 9.

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...=asc&start=120
--
Boots
January 17th, 2005  
Armychef

Very well may have started in NYC 9-11.
January 17th, 2005  
Doc.S

Im with you there Armychef - I think it was set off 2001 9-11. We have seen nothing yet.

Cheers:
Doc.S
January 17th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armychef
Very well may have started in NYC 9-11.
I do not agree. IF it did, we would have seen something along the lines of what happened before WWI.
January 17th, 2005  
Chinaman

add japan in there, somehow i dont trust their military buildup and their history of using weapons aginist its neiboring countries, a country that its leaders still pay tribute to the military criminals somehow just irritates me

yup, add japan vs china or soemthing on
January 17th, 2005  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by paratroopa
add japan in there, somehow i dont trust their military buildup and their history of using weapons aginist its neiboring countries, a country that its leaders still pay tribute to the military criminals somehow just irritates me

yup, add japan vs china or soemthing on
Can't change the options now that voting has started, the results would be skewed.

I believe Mao is still revered in China, he killed more people than any of the military leaders of Japan.

China exaggerates the threat posed by Japan, if at all there is one, if anything the only threat Japan poses to China is that the Japanese Navy could thwart any invasion attempts of Taiwan by China almost single handedly.

I agree though about Asia being the most likely point from which the war would start, Korea, Taiwan, or India, those are the most likely points to me, although nukes in India seems to be a good thing because their were what? 3? wars before the advents of Nukes in India, and since each country has obtained nukes there has been no major conflicts. But China's clear intents to invade Taiwan is the most probable cause of another world war, IMO.
January 17th, 2005  
AsianAmerican

In the past i would have concluded that WWIII will start in China/Taiwan, but nowadays i think that WWIII might never happen, at least not in my life time.
January 17th, 2005  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAmerican
In the past i would have concluded that WWIII will start in China/Taiwan, but nowadays i think that WWIII might never happen, at least not in my life time.
I was just about to write something similar to that..

I'm not so sure we'll see a World War again, but if we do then God (or whoever you believe in) help us all..

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV
will be fought with sticks and stones."
- Albert Einstein (contemplating nuclear devastation)
http://www.military-quotes.com/albert-einstein.htm