Where will WWIII start? - Page 3

View Poll Results :Where do you think WWIII will start?
China/Taiwan 11 24.44%
Korea 4 8.89%
Eastern Europe 4 8.89%
Isreal/Palestine 5 11.11%
North Africa 1 2.22%
Russia 0 0%
Western Europe 2 4.44%
India/Pakistan 4 8.89%
South America 0 0%
Other 14 31.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

January 27th, 2005  
victortsoi

Russia invades ukraine to get crimea, world supports ukraine, wwi style powder keg
*providing some reactionary psycho(quite likely) rises in Russia with soviet pipedreams.

THe other plausible scenario for wwiii (besides the already discussed China/Taiwan thing) is the issue of chinese illegals flooding East SIberia in an effort sponsored by the CHinese government to outpopulate the Russians, and have a legal referendum to join china.
similar to mexico's Reconquista policy.
January 27th, 2005  
CO5060.20

I am going to have to go with North Korea. Those guys have been threatening not only the United States, but the rest of the Asian Community (exempt being China). Once they invade or piss off someone else to enough to invade them, Japan will no doubt jump on the opportunity to rid the world of the North Koreans as their bitter rivalry has been decreed over many, many years. Once Japan goes to war, naturally the U.S. and South Korea will already be in it, tieing up 2 VERY influential countries. THe United States recruits the UN which would grant troops more then likely from Italy, the UK, Spain, all the main players from Operation Iraqi Freedom, plus some of the wheenies that rejected the request for aid from their "friends".
January 27th, 2005  
Chocobo_Blitzer

The only scenario that I could imagine that would rival the conflicts of WWI and WWII, would be with aggression by Islamic fascist groups and nations, corresponding with Chinese/North Korean aggression.

Starting a conflict to resist the democratic/western influence in their regions, and to possibly annex or otherwise "unite" various states under one banner.

I'm just speculating, but it's all I can come up with.
--
Boots
January 28th, 2005  
gingerbeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO5060.20
I am going to have to go with North Korea. Those guys have been threatening not only the United States, but the rest of the Asian Community (exempt being China). Once they invade or piss off someone else to enough to invade them, Japan will no doubt jump on the opportunity to rid the world of the North Koreans as their bitter rivalry has been decreed over many, many years. Once Japan goes to war, naturally the U.S. and South Korea will already be in it, tieing up 2 VERY influential countries. THe United States recruits the UN which would grant troops more then likely from Italy, the UK, Spain, all the main players from Operation Iraqi Freedom, plus some of the wheenies that rejected the request for aid from their "friends".
the south korean would rather fight japan with NK than japan vs NK. also alot of south koreans i met dun really like US too, do u really think they like US troops in their country?
January 28th, 2005  
Missileer

The big problem in World politics is that a large amount of Countries use inflammatory rhetoric and threatening posturing when trying to communicate their displeasure about international disputes. North Korea threatens everyone and anyone who will listen to them. The whole Middle East uses threats or posturing even in the face of doom. I'm not being rude, I hope, because to many countries, that is the way they have dealt with neighboring countries which may pose a threat. Now, while that has worked in a smaller World, it will not in this global arena. The old tactic of beating the shields with swords and axes will only cause a "let's hit them first" scenario. Over the years the USA has started believing others who boast of destroying them and react with necessary force to settle any doubt that they will make the first strike. With those parameters defined, WWIII could be started by the next imbecile, regardless of Nationality, or location, who hits America or threatens to.
January 29th, 2005  
KC72

The middle east when USA and china start competing for the limited oil supplies
January 29th, 2005  
ironface

hey man,where do you get the knowledge that Mao
had kill more people than any milliatry action?
have you live in china?or have you witness some of the killing
or you saw it from some place?or just your fantasy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Quote:
Originally Posted by paratroopa
add japan in there, somehow i dont trust their military buildup and their history of using weapons aginist its neiboring countries, a country that its leaders still pay tribute to the military criminals somehow just irritates me

yup, add japan vs china or soemthing on
Can't change the options now that voting has started, the results would be skewed.

I believe Mao is still revered in China, he killed more people than any of the military leaders of Japan.

China exaggerates the threat posed by Japan, if at all there is one, if anything the only threat Japan poses to China is that the Japanese Navy could thwart any invasion attempts of Taiwan by China almost single handedly.

I agree though about Asia being the most likely point from which the war would start, Korea, Taiwan, or India, those are the most likely points to me, although nukes in India seems to be a good thing because their were what? 3? wars before the advents of Nukes in India, and since each country has obtained nukes there has been no major conflicts. But China's clear intents to invade Taiwan is the most probable cause of another world war, IMO.
January 29th, 2005  
gingerbeard

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paratroopa
add japan in there, somehow i dont trust their military buildup and their history of using weapons aginist its neiboring countries, a country that its leaders still pay tribute to the military criminals somehow just irritates me

yup, add japan vs china or soemthing on
Can't change the options now that voting has started, the results would be skewed.

I believe Mao is still revered in China, he killed more people than any of the military leaders of Japan.

China exaggerates the threat posed by Japan, if at all there is one, if anything the only threat Japan poses to China is that the Japanese Navy could thwart any invasion attempts of Taiwan by China almost single handedly.

I agree though about Asia being the most likely point from which the war would start, Korea, Taiwan, or India, those are the most likely points to me, although nukes in India seems to be a good thing because their were what? 3? wars before the advents of Nukes in India, and since each country has obtained nukes there has been no major conflicts. But China's clear intents to invade Taiwan is the most probable cause of another world war, IMO.
Hell no! japan has killed way lot more people than people could imagine, u could pair japan like Hitler, but even more brutal. in Naking alone has showned enough, china and japan has been fighting for 8 years. japan policy is to invade, kill all the inhabitants and burn the area.

i think u should think before u speak, if u look sino-japanese war started in 1939, japan took most of the east coast where it is most densely populated. years and years of killing everyday would accumulate much more than mao did.

i think WW3 will start in the middle east.
January 29th, 2005  
ironface

Topic: Re: Where will WWIII start?

Quote:
Where do you think WWIII will start? If your choice is not listed mark other and feel free to state your opinions, since this is all anything posted here can be.
Middle east
February 1st, 2005  
Darcia

NK vs SK and the USA in the >E. are some ideas but it could start in Africa, it has been the History of the wars we call world wars to start over little issues when people want a war.

If some African natiuons teamed up and started invading nations the world would probably take notice, the UN would get involved and before you know it peacekeeping will be thrown out the window and all out war will start.