Where will WWIII start? - Page 2

View Poll Results :Where do you think WWIII will start?
China/Taiwan 11 24.44%
Korea 4 8.89%
Eastern Europe 4 8.89%
Isreal/Palestine 5 11.11%
North Africa 1 2.22%
Russia 0 0%
Western Europe 2 4.44%
India/Pakistan 4 8.89%
South America 0 0%
Other 14 31.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

January 17th, 2005  
Damien435

Well I personally think that a war between China and the US could be considered WWIII, if it happens after the year 2020 odds are the two countries would be fighting on near equal terms, with the exception of naval power because powerful navies take decades to build.
January 17th, 2005  
Archit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435

China exaggerates the threat posed by Japan, if at all there is one, if anything the only threat Japan poses to China is that the Japanese Navy could thwart any invasion attempts of Taiwan by China almost single handedly.
Yeah, our government taught us that Chinese and Japanese should be friendly to each other,and our history books say that How tightly Japan was related with China since Tang dynasty till Qing Dynasty.Japan sent their scholars to China and learn from China, and till now you will see the influence of this relation. Japan is a good nationality to learn,they learn from the strongest,and today Japan learn from USA, and get allied with USA. Our government has never toldtheir people to take Japanese as their enemy since 1945, and our government gives up the war indemnity and told us Chinese and Japanese will be friendly to each other forever.
But what Japan has done wakened us.

Most Japanese do not think China is friendly to Japan, and Most chinese do not think Japan is friendly to China,too.Our people have their own sense.
In our opinion,Japan is invasive.A japanese maybe is friendly,But when hundreds and thousands of them get together,they become invasive.And
in history,Japan kept robbing and invading to Korean and China, And now,
they do not give up this will. China was more powerful than Japan before 19th century, and Japan had not power to invade China in greate froce, just as now USA is more powerfule than Japan.

Japan never give their invasive will, it is most due to the WWII War, USA kept their emperor and their militarism tradition was kept too.
January 17th, 2005  
Whispering Death

I don't think WW3 is likely in the near future but my vote would be cast for the middle east. I don't know how or why but the only way a WW3 could happen would be some kind of macho positioning by major powers around a destabalizing middle east that could domino effect WW1 style.

I think the major world powers are just too happy right now to try and cut eachother's throats. U.S. is busy with terrorism for the next 20 years, Europe is busy building the EU into something worthwhile, Russia is still digging out of the communist craphole, and China is busy building a powerful Economy. And the U.N. isn't going to let Pakistan and India do anything stupid now that they've gone nuclear. I just don't see a WW3 happening anytime soon.
--
Boots
January 17th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

To say that Pakistan/India or China/Taiwan will be the singular flashpoint that touches off WW3 seems a little too limitting. Personally, I'm of the opinion that Southeast Asia (in general) is very likely to be the place where such a conflict starts IF it ever happens. There is a long, long list of possible beginnings. Taiwan seems to be an extremely likely beginning, but it depends on how the future plays out. The key players are both Koreas, China, Japan, India, Vietnam, Pakistan, the Phillipines, Russia and the USA. There are many other players and everyone in the neighborhood seems to want to prove to the world how powerful they are. There is also plenty of angst spread all across the region and because much of the area is devolping countries, its extremely hard to predict what happens next.
January 18th, 2005  
Darcia

For all we know WW3 may start if another American Civil war breaks out. You can't realy say where WW3 is going to start because in the minds of many it has already started. Some say it was the Cold war and other says it was the war on terror. I guess it just depends on who is keeping track on the wars.

However if I was going to make my guess I would say the Middle East. Considering two of the worlds strongest nations are hanging out in one of the nations and most of the nations in that region don't like one of the nations in that same region they might break out fighting that would drag the rest of the world into it. However I think world war 2 will break out in or around 2022.
January 18th, 2005  
EuroSpike

Topic: Re: Where will WWIII start?

If it happens in Europe, it will be EU vs. ruskies.

Si vis pacem para bellum.
January 19th, 2005  
AussieNick

Possible places it may start: a resurgence of Japanese nationalism and militarism. Or a near future possibility, between Australia and Indonesia over East Timor and our gas fields in the Timor sea.
January 19th, 2005  
A Can of Man

I think we'll see more and more small conflicts but I don't see any big World War coming up over the horizon. There's definately going to be rivalries and arms races etc. but as for a full World War, I doubt it's going to happen any time soon.
January 19th, 2005  
AussieNick

We'll all drag each other into it. It's happened before, and it'll happen again. It's one thing Australia always does, lends a hand to a mate in need, no matter how bad the odds, so yeah if our allies go to war, we go, it's just part of our culture of mateship.
January 19th, 2005  
sunb!

The Middle East if USA decide to attack Iran.... Another interesting place is the Barents Sea and the recent discoveries of large resoures of oil and gas... Perhaps the Cold War scenario of a red attack on Scandinavia can come true, after all?