Where will you prefer to LIVE?

Where will you like your home to be?

• Total voters
Really, I'd love to live in the outback, on a 100-200 acre property, with a few hundred head of cattle, a few horses a dog, and a big ass 4X4.

Bory said:
Really, I'd love to live in the outback, on a 100-200 acre property, with a few hundred head of cattle, a few horses a dog, and a big ass 4X4.

:rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

but i would love a cottage on the base of the rocky mountains. just me, my girl, my kids, a dog named Trigger, a pickup truck and a hunting rifle. thats all i want.

i cant stand the city anymore. life goes by too fast here. i just want to calm down, relax, take it slow, and enjoy my life.

See what the city has done to me? im 18 and thinking about my retirement.

Suburbs. Landscape company does the their thing on the yard. Big cities are short distances away. Nice 35 mile wooded drive to work. An attached woodshop if I feel like working on furniture design. Big screen if I don't.

i voted "i cant decide" because i want to live in a house with lots of land around it, like out in the country, but not a farm.

i love pick up trucks....more the riding in the back of em...so much fun and the cops down here in texas really dont give a shit bout that so we're driving down the highway with about 4 guys in the back and 2 in the cab and we pass a cop and he doesnt pull us over or anything....

Well I grew up on a large property in the Adelaide hills, and then I worked a while boundry riding and jackarooing at Anna Creek Station, so I'm used to wide open spaces. I love the country. Just as a quick reference, Anna Creek Station is a cattle station in the Far north of SA. It's 34,000 square Km, or 6 million acres in other words. That equals out to be a hell of a lot of space, compared to the largest cattle "ranch" in the US which I've been told is only 3,000 sq km.

So yeah, a big rural property is my ultimate choice.

AussieNick said:
Well I grew up on a large property in the Adelaide hills, and then I worked a while boundry riding and jackarooing at Anna Creek Station, so I'm used to wide open spaces. I love the country. Just as a quick reference, Anna Creek Station is a cattle station in the Far north of SA. It's 34,000 square Km, or 6 million acres in other words. That equals out to be a hell of a lot of space, compared to the largest cattle "ranch" in the US which I've been told is only 3,000 sq km.

So yeah, a big rural property is my ultimate choice.

The King Ranch is supposed to be the biggest "ranch" in Texas at about 3,367 sq km. It's not a true ranch anymore.

Today's King Ranch has diversified and grown into a major agribusiness corporation, with interests in cattle ranching and feedlot operations, farming (cotton, grain, sugar cane, and sod), citrus groves, commodity marketing and processing, and recreational hunting. Its retail operations include luggage and leather goods, farm equipment, commercial printing, and tourism. And the oilfields which the owners dislike but put up with it.

The XIT was 6,000,000 acres but was sold to the State for a Capital if Texas split into 6 separate States.

I think the problem is that you need different sorts of places at different times of your life. So your answer will always be affected by your age

A small apartment in the city where I could walk to a bar and not have to worry about getting too drunk to drive home.

preferably near the water or in the country............ not a fan of big cities, nice to visit, hate to live there

I prefer to live in a big city. I have lived in small towns and I really don't like everyone being in everyone else's business. I like being near cultural centers like theater and art museums. Simple things like having a great choice of quality restaurants nearby is a plus. Having public transportation and multiple sports venues is also nice to have. The wife enjoys the shopping venues too. To each his own, but I am a city guy.

---snip--- I worked a while boundry riding and jackarooing at Anna Creek Station,
I used to go up there years ago to pick up camels from Stewy Nunn. I also knew Albert (his uncle) on Innaminka,... that was before he got the bullet for poddy dodging. All the managers used to do it, he was stiff enough to get caught during the Brucellosis destocking.

I got refused service in the Anna Creek pub (for not wearing a shirt of all things) had been roughing it for a fortnight, hadn't really washed and stank of blood, guts, smoke and Young's .303 oil,... that was OK, but you must wear a shirt. I had to drive down to Nilpena where I got a coldy off the Williams boys. Ended up being roped into helping out in the yards for 3 days, castrating and earmarking..... as a leg man at the back end.

Ahhh,... for the good old days.

Give me the bush,.. anyday, these townies don't even know they're alive.:)

Last edited:
Back