where did we come from?

I can't believe how people can argue against evolution.
Evolution is practically proven. Sometimes they get the lines wrong and update certain beliefs later on, but the fundamentals of evolution are true.

Actualy evolution has not been proven.

It is only still a theory, but it is taught as fact.

Anyways I'm not here to get into a never-ending argument wethers its true or not, but simply to to point out that little know fact.

Thankyou AussieJohn for providing a sensible side to this debate. The creationist theory is so implausable it isn't funny. Evolution is the only sensible possiblity.

ok

so you can go the religious way...............god created earth.........man and creatures..................other religions believe in our god/jesus as a prophet

Then you can go the dinosours and cave man...........you look at our struture our ways we act the mating etc it does resemble chimps.........

I mean you can get men that are SOOOOOO hairy that i still think they are chimps!!!

There are so many arguments to this factor at end of day we are hear so be grateful and don't question it.

Believe in what you want but its a debate that will never be over come or won just like " what came 1st..............chicken or the egg"

As we have 46 chromosomes to a cell and an ape 48 I would say a change in chromosome number inside the ape has led to us.

As for why the universe is here. Who knows. Probably space is finite and it creates the atom through pressure.

I think this is one of those things where you can never really convince someone who believes in evolution to believe in creationism, or the other way around, each side is going to have their own arguements, its just one of those things that never gets resolved

the_13th_redneck said:
I can't believe how people can argue against evolution.
Evolution is practically proven. Sometimes they get the lines wrong and update certain beliefs later on, but the fundamentals of evolution are true.

Evolution is retarded and dumb. And it's not practically proven either "Big bang theory" hahaha. How can life and order come from an explosion. It's not logic at all. My earth science teacher last year also told us a stor. Here it goes: A while back there was a railroad track being built behind his house. It was up on a slope, so the railroad track sat on top of a pile of dirt. As the years progressed, and the compression and heat created by the trains going by, under the ground in the slope coal was being produced which wasn't there before. About 20 years after the track was built, he decided to dig under the slope, and sure enough, there was coal. SO he diceded to get it carbon 14 dated. Sure enough, they said it was 26 million years old, when it was simply crated over the past 20 years. Shows the ineffectiveness of carbon 14 dating.

Hi,

Evolution is practically proven

.................and when did that happen............Scientists are still debating it ...............it's noway near proven.

And my Personal openion on Theory of evolution ..............i don't have much faith in it there are a lot of holes left behind by that theory to plug first then it might be universially approved.

I mean why did just some of the monkeys turn into humans.............and the rest of them are not even trying to transform :D...............and acording some day given right environment and condition a dog can also evolve into your next Boss :shock: .

IMHO a looooooooooooog way to go for the theory of evolution to be fully accepted.................big bang seems more realistiv to me at least it dosen't say my Dog might start talking some day ;) but that just me and my openion

Cheers
-=SF_13=-

gladius said:

Anyways I'm not here to get into a never-ending argument wethers its true or not, but simply to to point out that little know fact.

Your statement demonstrates that you have little undertanding of a scientific theory or what the scientific method is!!!

I understand because these are not easy concepts to teach, even to senior students.

FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An easy place to start for those who are having difficulty with evolutionary theory is

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/

Try reading my other suggested websites (see earlier posts but these are harder and sometimes require more scientific knowledge).

I am not going to give private tutorials to people here on topics such as carbon dating and other nuclear dating methods (they are accurate to within acceptable degrees of error if carried out correctly!). I don't have the time.

There is just heaps of information out there on various aspects of evolution. The scientific community accepts that evolution has occurred but the process and cause is still an ongoing debate.

Scientists are human and they do make mistakes. Some can be dishonest and do things that are not professional for there own personal gain/fame. Usually they get found out. This should not blacken the big picture of evolution.

Don't just read religious websites about evolution, read as much scientific literature as you can before you open your mouths about the subject over a beer at the pub with your mates!!!!!!!!

Trevor said:
Evolution is retarded and dumb. 20 years.

yeah evolution is dumb but its not dumb to believe that 1 super ''being'' that has been around since the ''beginning of time'' got bored and decided to make a world in 7 days and put 2 people on it

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Let me tell you a few other theories.
Gravity is a theory.
Math is a theory.
Physics is a bunch of theories.
It's not "Just" a theory. Theories are models that are practically as close to fact as you can get without exact, 100% proof simply because the scale in which it operates (whether temporal or size) makes it difficult or impossible for us to observe with current resources.
Theories are to be taken very seriously. The only reason why evolution remains a "theory" is because we never really got to observe Primeelephas start to die out like crazy and have 3 different designs, the Asian elephant, African elephant and the Mammoth come out of the womb (over many generations no doubt). Now there's plenty of evidence out there to back this up, but we cannot watch it unfold in front of our very own eyes with a camera rolling.
Gravity is also a theory. I doubt you'll be not taking that seriously.

gladius said:

why argue

Why argue over something that your never actually going ot get a straight answer too? Its a never ending subject so believe in what you want.

I believe in both reasons which i am not going to argue against and if you are rational you can see the reasons for both.

So why disrespect and act "stupid" towards other peoples beliefs?

Many religions believe in different things but the overall point is that it boils down to the same reason.

Like i said before you have been given life so why be ungrateful and question it?

Let me take the time to say that while i will remain unbiased i know what really happened.

the big bang theory: Webster's dictionary was formed by an explosion in a print shop.

ok i am done have fun with it all! don't forget to be respectful as this could get out of control!!

:lol: :lol: 8)

Italian Guy said:
I think creationists exist in the US only, nowadays.
Is that right? Or maybe Canada.

How many are they?

As from an italian and that being a country of strong religion i find you very immature and disrespectful

Hey I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound offensive in any way.
I just don't think I said anything offensive towards creationists.
I really thought most of them live in the US today.

Back