Where to buy a Willy's Jeep

justin1552

Hurr Durr
Does anyone know a place to buy an old World War Two Willy's Jeep? I'm getting close to sixteen and when I try and get my learner's permit I promised myself my first vehicle would be either a Willy's Jeep or a Humvee and I wanna know how much a Jeep would cost. Any information is greatly appreciated. :hide:

I just took a look on eBay -- there were a few listed on there just now...you may want to give that a try when the time comes.

Humvee or Hummer 1, for the civilans, costs a lot of money than Willy's Jeep, FYI.

I was talking to my stepdad about it. He said that I need to get an updated engine if it still has the old one in it. And I HAVE to get a roll cage which really bums me out. I'm not too savvy about the humvees anyway I just thought it could be used when me and my stepdad play airsoft. But crud..... I hate roll cages! :bang:

Hmmm... weld a box on the back and stick on fake antennas to make it look like some kind of "Command" Jeep.
Or turn it into an ambulance.

Willy's MBs were also made by Ford. A correct WWII Willy's MB will run you about $35,000. Check out the MVPA (MILITARY VEHICLE PRESERVATION ASSOCIATION) http://www.mvpa.org They have tons of info on here and how to purchase one. You can get a old rust bucket and rebuild yourself or you can buy a rebuilt one for more cash.

My friend drives a MB as his everyday car. Took him six years to get it to it's current condition.

203248877_l.jpg

203427807_l.jpg

There used to be a left hasnd drive Willys Jeep about 1 mile west of Tangalle, south Sri Lanka, that was in pretty good condition, haven't lived in Tangalle for a couple of years now, so don't know if the bloke is still driving it aroud or not. Probably a lot cheaper than in America.
Nero

If I get it as a rustbucket which chances are I will, I'll add the roll cage, paint it the same color green the WWII ones were, and paint a white star on the doors of each. I could care less wether it was used in World War Two, all I want is a similar model.

A couple of my friends own WW2 typ Jeeps.
They are pretty expensive here and you have to work allot on them to keep them going!!!
With 4 of them I went to Normandy 2004 for the 60th anniversary of D-Day. We drove the whole 1200 kilometers from our hometown to Normandy with the jeeps. It was a hell of a ride!!!!
1 Willys MB (a real one and the owner is proud like hell)
2 Hotchkiss M201
1 Mahindra
Here are some pics:

At Utah beach
dscf0418ll8.jpg

Two Hotchkiss linked with the tandem tow bar
dscf0380mz4.jpg

My friend with his Willys MB in front of a Bunker at Utah beach (I was the co-driver in this one)
dscf0407iu2.jpg

Stuck in the mud at Utah beach
dscf0171va4.jpg

Saved my french fishermen. We had great parties with them and from that day on personal tourguides!!! We had to shower with our clothes after that because the mud smelled gross!!!
dscf0174bp1.jpg

.30 cal on a Hotchkiss
cimg1033bk8.jpg

JOKER

You do realize that JC Whitney has just about every part for Jeeps from the Willis up to the wanna wanna be h3 hummers.

Back