When do I get gassed?

JamesK

Once things get rolling In which week will I get to go to that wonderful chamber and do jumping jacks then take off my mask and get a lung full of tear gas?

Since I haven't got a clue about when the US military branches usually puts their rookies in the gas chamber, I'd shut my mouth.
But, knowing the idea behind it Id say anytime soon.

It's a purpose behind the agony, and you'll understand it once you're through with it. :)

Just remember not to do the big mistake of soaking your face in water afterwards!
Fresh air will do better!

And there's the reason for the physical exercise. ;)

Once things get rolling In which week will I get to go to that wonderful chamber and do jumping jacks then take off my mask and get a lung full of tear gas?

It all depends on your cadre. We did it on day 3, others did it on like week 4.

Dont worry about it man, it happens and its over. Embrace it and drive on. And dont be that guy who refuses to follow instructions and goes twice or three times. :)

No need to worry about that. I was just laughing like hell a week ago when he showed me pictures after him and his friends got out of it. All these big airborne guys with tears rolling down their face and snot falling out their nose. He said it was week 3 or 4 but said he couldnt be sure since hes been in the army 9 years.

If you like the smell of CS, you might want to give NBC a go. ;)

Oh I just LOVE IT! Thats sarcasm.. Ive had a few experiences with pepper spray like stuff. I went to this ICP concert with my friend (No I do not listen to ICP). Then the cops sprayed me and him in the face and I wasnt doing anything, it was the people like 20 feet from us but they decided to grab us because we were pushing threw the crowd trying to leave.

NBC was soooooooomuch fun, epically afterwards when we went down to the mess decks with a shoe box asking everybody in front of us in line if they wanted a radiation :) Amaszing what little shoe box of dust and ghost turds will do for ya:)

I'd rather do the gas chamber any day compared to the OC spray. Gas chamber effects wear off within an hour usually, you can still feel the OC 1-3 days after getting a good dose of that.

USMC if it's similar to the way it used to be when I was in usually comes in 2nd or 3rd phase, then it's suppose to be annually after that but often they skip a year or two.

Last edited:
!= actually means not equal in "geek talk"/programming languages... ;)

And I really agree as well.
CS can't be compared to OC/pepper spray at all... :?

Someone went out and did some post-date homework haha.

I forgot to bring my windows backdoor language translator.

Which one is worse? (Please answer only if you have experienced both...)

OC is more worse in my opinion. I'll take the military gas training any day over that.

Thats good to know because they cop must of not liked my airforces or something I was wearing. He gave me a good spray of that stuff. I could swear to god he put it on hose or something then kept spraying me on the ground then my friend dragged me off down the street to the car after he explained we were just trying to leave. Well at least we dont have to get tazered or some other form of police brutality in basic. God it would be a nightmare if they decided to Rodney King me.

Is this an attempted insult to police officers? The police have a tough job and they are authorized certain actions to control combative subjects. I would hardly call it police brutality. The alternative could always be let's forget about all less than lethal nonsense and just allow the police to shoot all combative subjects.

I'll say this. Having been exposed to CS,CN, OC and OC/CS mix in areosol ,powder and gas forms. It depends on the concentration of whatever agent is being used as to it's effect and the enviroment it's deployed in.

I've been exposed to some OC sprays that were not really any worse than hot sauce and had little effect on me and some that tore me up. I've been exposed to some concentrations of CS, CN that had only a little effect on me and some that really effected me.

OC in a personal defense spray application or CS And CN in that form can't really be compared to a gas delivery of CS in a gas chamber enviroment. A chemical spray is a localized direct effect weapon. CS whether delivered by burner (gas chamber) grenade or dispersion rounds is an area effect weapon/irritant. For the best effect there are several formulas used to gauge the amount of gas released into an area for best effect. Enviroment of deployment is also a condiseration. As well as human beings natural or induced tolerence to the desired effects of chemical agents.

Being both a certified Chemical instructor and a certified Taser instructor I'll say this as to the brutality accusation. I would much rather get hit with a Taser and ride the lighting for a cycle than be exposed to OC, CS or any other chemical agent.

Yes, I forgot to mention that, if you get the civilian version of the OC it's not as effective as the law enforcement. I too am a OC Instructor, never got the Taser as it's difficult to get that issued as a Fed. We did however get tased at least once because if we were on a scene with locals, state whoever and we accidently got tased, they wanted us to be able to have been there done that. Very interesting feeling by the way. I was glad not to have it with all of the nonsense attached to it because we live in a pro hoodlum society, not a pro law enforcement society.

Last edited:
Back