When do I get gassed?

Ah, don't call me Sir Jim, that's embarrassing, their are other folks here that deserve that more than me.
Drinking with Pop at home is not terrible if that's truly the only place you do it and you don't try to give Pop noogies and wedgies to where someone has to call the police on ya.

Ah, don't call me Sir Jim, that's embarrassing, their are other folks here that deserve that more than me.
Drinking with Pop at home is not terrible if that's truly the only place you do it and you don't try to give Pop noogies and wedgies to where someone has to call the police on ya.

I have alot of fun with my pops. I always pick on him a little bit when we drink because I have a larger tolerance and hes a foot taller and probably twice as wide. Its good fun, he always has me watching old war movies like the longest day, or tora tora tora though.

That's good.
What's Dad do for a living? Seems to me like he ought to be someone you hang with more if he keeps you out of trouble. If he's a good man, make him your best friend.

That's good.
What's Dad do for a living? Seems to me like he ought to be someone you hang with more if he keeps you out of trouble. If he's a good man, make him your best friend.

Well he use to work for lucent technologys which is a telecom company but he was layed off and his pension isnt all that good. We were living overseas at the time In Riyahd, Saudi Arabia as ex-pats. For the past 6 years we have been back in the states and everything detereorated over time though which is one of the reasons Im so damn bitter haha.

So you and your Pop are Americans living in Saudi? That can be tough, especially with your Pop laid off.

Not anymore. We moved 6 or 7 years ago back to Belgium for 6 months where I grew up 2 years of my life after I was born. Now we live in Massachusetts.

Holy crap, so your in Mass now? Still tough, if Pop is a techy type though, probably not too hard for him to get hired somewhere else.

Holy crap, so your in Mass now? Still tough, if Pop is a techy type though, probably not too hard for him to get hired somewhere else.

Nah, he was a salesman type person, once head of trade in Asia and northern africa if I remember right. Hes in his 60s now. He worked for that company back when half of it was AT&T 30 somthing years ago sweeping floors in a factory. He worked his way up the company over time though. Hes gone to plenty of interviews for jobs but he always seems to end up the second pick because he has bad health. I never have respected anybody more in my life than I do him, he was in Iran during the revolution thats how far back hes been involved in his trade.

Last edited:
Yes, thats a tough situation for him then.
Things will workout though, they always do as long as you guys keep on marching. Going in the military if you can get in would probably be a relief for your Dad while he's struggling financially.

Yes, thats a tough situation for him then.
Things will workout though, they always do as long as you guys keep on marching. Going in the military if you can get in would probably be a relief for your Dad while he's struggling financially.

Thats what I figured. Hes proud of me for the first time since I was 13 or 14 like I said before and the feeling it gives me is like nothing else. It makes me feel proud to be me I guess so to say and Im not one known to have good self esteem.

Well, your doing good now here, for the past 30 minutes anyway. Now, you ought to try to keep it up so that folks you have a bad reputation with both here and in your life will start to think differently about you, in time, if you did this, it will also help increase your self-esteem. However, even with that said, if possible, I think you ought to seek counseling and go there. That is more important for you now then anything else, including the military right now. If you do some counseling and they can assist you with your outlook on life, you military time and your immediate future will be much more successful.
The way you are now, I don't think your ready for the military mentally from what I see here. Your gonna get hollered at one too many times and say or do something that will get you tossed in the brig or worse.

Well, your doing good now here, for the past 30 minutes anyway. Now, you ought to try to keep it up so that folks you have a bad reputation with both here and in your life will start to think differently about you, in time, if you did this, it will also help increase your self-esteem. However, even with that said, if possible, I think you ought to seek counseling and go there. That is more important for you now then anything else, including the military right now. If you do some counseling and they can assist you with your outlook on life, you military time and your immediate future will be much more successful.
The way you are now, I don't think your ready for the military mentally from what I see here. Your gonna get hollered at one too many times and say or do something that will get you tossed in the brig or worse.

Well not to make any excuses I usually vent whenever I come on my PC in some form. I have self control when I have alot at stake. I mean of course I'll quietly brood inside my head but I can contain things pretty easily. I learned how to do this at jobcorps. As for counseling its not really an option. We cant afford it at this point. Plus my aunts a good enough councelor, she has some kind of degree in psychology. In truth to be honest one the reasons I've acted like such a dick on here is nobody really gave me a chance to show my good side at any point when posting here.

hey Jim, Well, be at the Wal Mart parking lot off Saber road in Va Beach Friday at 1620, bring nothing but goggles a paintball gun and 25 rounds, comp is a single elimination, free for all or teams depends on weather or not we can get two replacements, Tommy caught his foot ina tree yesterday and broke his leg in two places,and Brian got Tbobed on his Victory 2 days ago, so he might be out for a week or so.

Back