When China is King - what do you think?

If China is Most Powerful Nation on Earth, how do you feel??

• Yes!!! At last!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That's Cool I guess.

• Who Cares?

• Its not gonna change much

• Its a little Scary

• Terrified

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well every éra has its end so I dont find it to difficult to see that China will be the next superpower in the world. Every big corporation here in sweden moves down there. Volvo had a record year . To own a Volvo in China is respect. This year 500 Volvos to China. Next year 600 because China is growing like seaweed. They have alot of poor people in China but the living standard for all Chines are crawling forward. Look at the price tag of the steel, look at the oil price, look at the falling dollar, and those idiots that jumped on the euro currency. Europe will fall and China will rise, some Scandinavians as Sweeds, Norway, England we will survive a little bit longer, we all have our own currency. And one more thing look at the Olympics, China are the winners that is all. : ;)

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

FlyingFrog said:
Good thing, and it will happen soon or later.

World is going to be better every year, isn't it? Therefore no doubt when Chinese are dominating the world, the world would be a better place than at least now.

Saint, I bet you are also from Chinese decent , and outside Singapore you are simply called Chinese in America or Europe, so keepyour ridiculous comments for yourself.

In your dreams Froggy Baby! It's not gonna happen! not unless every Filipino is dead and buried! :twisted:

LOL...first show your worth on the little island affair, then think about the big stuff.

And you're gonna break up-sooner or later.

rOk said:
LOL...first show your worth on the little island affair, then think about the big stuff.

And you're gonna break up-sooner or later.

I agree that China is going to break-up sooner or later.

But will that breakup crush China? It will just slow it down... I doubt China will ever be "king" but I don't doubt that China will ever become a superpower, brief or lasting.

Why do you think China would ever be the most powerful nation on earth and 'king'? They've never managed it before in their history despite being the most advanced nation on earth for many centuries.

Hey Flying, Not luanpa but LanPa (this is Fujian-lingua, I know this and Singaporean also know this).

China won't claim Sinngapore as a part of China. Becoz this is stupid and no condition for them to do so. But for Taiwan they did.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr.Dopple -- Most advanced? hahahaha, China did became the most powerful on earth. One example for u --- Zheng He the sailer in Ming Dynasty. They have such strong military and technology. Nevermind,tell u another one, Qing Dynasty, China deafeat Russian in the 17th century and made an agreement with Rusian which China eleborated their territory further in the Yalu River.

If China not such strong. Today u won't find so many Westerners readin "the art of war".

If God forbid this ever happens I see the whole of the Pacific rim under a Communist/totalitarian regime.
For China to espouse that they have no designs or intrest in domination of Asia is to qoute my grandfather "horse pucky"
If they did not why support communist insurgents through out the region?

One example to stop China from rising to Super Nation is like this:

By forcing Chinese Yuan to be more valued, you can make Chinese economy collapse.

Today Chinese government offcials told media that Yuan will be "forced" to rise about 8% in value soon, since China just talked in G7 about finance issues and were strongly "asked" to increase Chinese Yuan to be "able" to buy more Western goods :lol:

IMF pressures China on flexible yuan
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2004-10/21/content_2121508.htm

Keep it civil. FlyingFrog has received a temporary ban for failing to comply with numerous warnings to treat others with respect.

He's also demonstrated the ability to think for himself too, to be fair. And he's been a great addition to this forum -- every country's perspective we have a voice for makes this forum more TRULY international.

There is no question that China will have to play their cards right. At the moment they are viewed as too much of a bully to have the type of international influence as has been wielded by the USA, USSR, Great Britain (colonial era), and France (colonial period). They will have to change their image and work to become less of a police state, but the potential is overwhelmingly there. Somebody stated that they lack natural resources. Quite the opposite is true. That's why Japan saw controlling China as part of the solution to their natural resources problem prior to WW2. The greatest question is - What can they do to put themselves in a more powerful diplomatic situation?

As stated at the beginning, the future is unpredictable. So much can change so quickly.

One very large question about China -- with Russia to the north and India to the south, will they be limited as a "Superpower" even after they surpass the USA in GDP and productivity?

i can't see the point what you talking about? at least china is bulding up a good relationship with russian for the comming year, and the relationship between china and india had improved.

mod edit:You were way out of line for posting that picture. Do not start a new topic inside an existing thread. Check your PM and read the forum rules.

Ezechiel said:
Mr.Dopple -- Most advanced? hahahaha, China did became the most powerful on earth. One example for u --- Zheng He the sailer in Ming Dynasty. They have such strong military and technology. Nevermind,tell u another one, Qing Dynasty, China deafeat Russian in the 17th century and made an agreement with Rusian which China eleborated their territory further in the Yalu River.

If China not such strong. Today u won't find so many Westerners readin "the art of war".

Sorry I can't agree. :) China has throughout her history been conquered or controlled by her neighbours, as recently as WW2 by the Japanese. Throughout history China has been dominated by the Mongols, the Manchus, the British and the Japanese amongst others.

BTW the Qing Dynasty was founded by one of those invaders, the Manchus.

Dopp, what culture or nation HASN'T been repeatedly conquered by its neighbors? Sure the UK cuz its an island, so give me an example that isn't protected by a strip of ocean.

godofthunder9010 said:
Dopp, what culture or nation HASN'T been repeatedly conquered by its neighbors? Sure the UK cuz its an island, so give me an example that isn't protected by a strip of ocean.

True but the point I'm making is that China, despite her advanced technology and science, despite her population, somehow has always been vulnerable for domination and invasion. I can't think of another potential superpower nation that has been so dominated and controlled.

Part of the reason I think is the way for centuries the Chinese reputedly saw themselves compared to the rest of the world. For a long time the rest of the world were probably correctly termed as 'barbarians' and the Chinese monarchy saw themselves as the 'middle kingdom' between heaven and earth. So they grew very complacent and I think were shocked many times by foreign invaders and their ability to make war.

I think today they have the potential to be the most powerful they ever have been in their history although not the most advanced, which is ironic.

Doppleganger said:
True but the point I'm making is that China, despite her advanced technology and science, despite her population, somehow has always been vulnerable for domination and invasion. I can't think of another potential superpower nation that has been so dominated and controlled.
Easy enough -- India. Russia. France.

Remember that China was usually relatively quick to drive out the barbarian invaders and reassert its control of the area. It spent VERY long periods fully in control of itself. Its much like Egypt on a much more gigantic scale, only in China's case they were not culturally overwhelmed by the Greeks. They were not culturally overwhelmed until the 19th and 20th centuries. The Manchus used a very Chinese culture to dominate them for hundreds of years and altered virtually nothing of China's culture.

godofthunder9010 said:
Doppleganger said:
Easy enough -- India. Russia. France.

Remember that China was usually relatively quick to drive out the barbarian invaders and reassert its control of the area. It spent VERY long periods fully in control of itself. Its much like Egypt on a much more gigantic scale, only in China's case they were not culturally overwhelmed by the Greeks. They were not culturally overwhelmed until the 19th and 20th centuries. The Manchus used a very Chinese culture to dominate them for hundreds of years and altered virtually nothing of China's culture.

Ok these following statements come with a disclaimer that my knowledge here is far from extensive:

* Russia was only ever conquered once as far as I know and it's never been in the running for superpower status until after WW2.

* France have never had exclusive claim to be the most advanced or powerful nation on earth. She has almost always had neighbours at the same level of power as her - England, Prussia, Austro-Hungarian Empire. Only once during the reign of Napoleon could they claim to be the most powerful nation on earth and even then that claim was dodgy.

* India has never been in the running for most advanced nation on earth and they were easily occupied by the British during the 17th-19th Centuries.

The Manchu's were still seen as foreign invaders who came into a nation and otherthrew one dynasty to replace it with another. The Chinese were utterly at the mercy of the British Empire during the 19th century because of the trade that the British established with the Chinese Mandarins.

India currently has the -->potential<-- to become a Superpower.

You're not going far enough back in Russian history. They were constantly being over-run by various nomadic conquerers and weren't established as a Kingdom for a very long time because of that fact. The Huns, the Tatars, etc. In fact, it took outside dominance to establish the Rus Kingdom centered at Kiev. That kingdom was also overrun.

France, under Napolean has far more than a weak claim. No single nation could really challenge them and it took the catastrophe of invading Russia to destroy the French power. Without it, France would have dominated most of Europe for a long time. Britain managed to keep them off their islands, but was in no position to launch an invasion with any hope of victory. Very similar to Germany in WW2 really.

then you are wrong if you don't consider Manchus chinese. i have read many history of china. chinese history is not very much about conquering. instead it was all about assimilation and adaptation. in fact Manchus was one of the chinese minority in the northeast of China. along with Miao, Zhan, Han ect. they share the same writing system. I can tell you China was more diverse than the usa.
one more thing, that the Ming dynasty was not overtake by the manchus, instead it was deteriorate within.... the increase of burdensome taxes by the government inspired rebellion which overthrow the Ming dynasty.
i don't have much time to do the research on how much GDP China had in the past few century. but one thing im sure is that most people knows only there's an Roman empire in the europe. but have no idea there's dynasty in the east asia 2 which was equally powerful in terms of its wealth and military strength.
well, it all has been a history. who cares?
REMOVED

Mod edit: Do not make requests like that, this is not "that" kind of forum. Report to the Welcoming Center and introduce yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back