What's your MOS (Military Occupational Specialty)?

Cryhavoc and Dtop, I deleted your latest replies.

Use PMs if you want to say anything more!
I do NOT tolerate that kind of posts here!

PM me if you have any problems with that!

Let's stay on topic from now on:

What's your MOS (Military Occupational Specialty)?

I was also Force Recon Sniper, after I left the SEAL Team 13. Then I enlisted In the army and got into 5th RNGR Battalion went to RNGR school, and then went to SFAS and Q course. Went to 21st Group, Right after I finished the Q course I got picked up for Selection. I also have 25 confirmed E-Tool kills to my credit.

just in case you were wondering it's a joke.

JaegerWolf08 said:
I was also Force Recon Sniper, after I left the SEAL Team 13. Then I enlisted In the army and got into 5th RNGR Battalion went to RNGR school, and then went to SFAS and Q course. Went to 21st Group, Right after I finished the Q course I got picked up for Selection. I also have 25 confirmed E-Tool kills to my credit.

just in case you were wondering it's a joke.
Heh heh. Sounds almost like an exact quote I've heard before from any number of fakers.

JaegerWolf08 said:

:lol:

Sorry, nothing beats being the space shuttle door gunner.

RnderSafe said:
Sorry, nothing beats being the space shuttle door gunner.

Except the fact that vacuum really sucks... :lol:
(Sorry, off-topic, but I just had to add that one.... )

How hard is it for IN officers to get a ROPE packet, and get into battalion? And after that, make the transition to SF?

PS. From SF can I go to The Space Shuttle Door Gunner Q Course?

How hard is it for IN officers to get a ROPE packet, and get into battalion? And after that, make the transition to SF?

PS. From SF can I go to The Space Shuttle Door Gunner Q Course

A lot of it has to do with luck, honestly, that is unless you were a former enlisted batt boy and then it's possible to sneak right in as a butter bar. When you get to your unit, get settled and then apply for Regt - be a kickass PL while you wait, and if you're lucky they'll take you at the end of your first tour. Then you go to ROP and wait for a platoon to open up.

Same steps for SF, except you should begin the application process upon promotion to 1LT, and you'll be a CPT before the board. Just remember, officers will only be on an ODA for 24 -36 months max before moving on to "bigger and better things."

And there is no Q course for the space shuttle door gunner MOS (69F). You'll have to attend ASS (Astronaut Submission Selection) and the rest of your training will be done by correspondence.

If I try to get a CO job in BN, would that hurt my chances of going SF? I am not planning on anything right now except going IN. I just want to know what my options are, and more importantly to keep them open.

Wow, you'd have to REALLY lead someone from the spaceshuttle.
"Let's see, if I fire now, it'll be about 4:00 am on tuesday when it hits, so I'll aim for where his bed should be, taking into acount the rotation of the earth.... GIT SUM!"

AH HA! A practical use for calculus and differential equations--firing at targets from orbit. Doesn't the recoil from the weapon throw the space shuttle off course?

Here in Spain we don't have such an especialized system. People enlists in operative branches (infantry, cavalry...) or technical ones (weapon maintenance, cooking, etc...). What you do after you end boot camp is rather random, and often you do several things at the same time, since you do not chose a MOS, but rather a regiment and a branch.

I'm classified as an Assault Engineer (hence the name :lol:) in an armored brigade. I've been in the Primary EOD team, in the storage department and actually I'm driving a modified APC (a local variant of the M113 A2 for engineers, called VCZ-TOA). It's the coolest thing I've done since I've enlisted, if we leave explosives apart. :D

Back