What's your mind about my country?

I am not sure he is simplifying things, sure it wasnt western troops firing the shells but it was western money that paid for the shells and the weapons that fired them now that might not make us responsible but it should make us question our policies on who we sell to.

Further to this the US twice voted increased military funding and emergency shipments to Israel to replace stocks of ammunition depleted during the operation.

So we paid for, supplied and maintained the operation that killed 2000 plus Palestinians essentially all we didn't do was pull the trigger should we really be all that proud of ourselves?

As for Israel being in breach of international law again rather meaningless when any resolution to enforce international law is automatically vetoed.

So I think he is right we do carry a large proportion of responsibilty for what transpired and it is only us that can prevent it happening again.

Even ISIS has modern American hardware: I.e.: Abrams Tanks. They all use our weapons , the Israelis, the Saudis, the Gulf states, the Jordanians, just to mention the Mideast. And our economy is a mess despite this brisk business in weapons sales, etc..

Unfortunately, not until now but it's in my list. Iran is a country with most variety of clutural, natural and historical defrences no one can see all good places of iran in his short life.
You can use an official site about it >> this link.
And thanks for your attention.

Thanks, I read about the Iranian cuisine, do you have a favorite among the dishes described?

I agree it is a country I would like to see however I am required to travel for work which means I have to be careful of the politics of where I go.

I had given some thought to making a quick visit at the end of the Turkish trip but I ran out of time.

Iran (Persia) is also famous for their carpets/rugs, some of them are quite nice.

Check out the website Moxen provided with, a lot of things to see there

If i ask you to tell a word and a sentence about my country What you want to say?
Islamic Republic of Iran​

image search 1
image search 2
image search 3
:cens:
Ok, after reading the entire thread, I think my response may be a bit different.

Iran is a very beautiful country.

I look at the people, and I see a strikingly unique culture. I see a people that have been around as long if not longer than history accounts for. They are a strong and brave yet loving people, as that is what it takes to live in a harsh environment like theirs.

I look at the terrain, and being that I am native to and live in a medium altitude arid savannah environment, I find a certain beauty in it that many people miss.

I also find geology fascinating, and I have a few samples of turquoise from the mountain range in the SW corner of Iran a friend gave me from decades back when he was there (during the reign of the Shah of Iran). I would love to collect that myself!

However, I am saddened however by the damage created by the new generation of Islam, as when you reflect back on when Iran was a strong nation and people, women not only did not have to hide with a rug covering their faces but they had rights.

Politically, Iran is not much different than a prison, that I can see. Perhaps not for Iranians as this is their home and culture, but for non-Iranians and Iranians holding dual nationality.

This is said, of course, in the manner it was as I have this view of how very little is ugly. Having nearly died several times, and I’m not talking about a near miss but actually surviving a couple serious accidents (where I now have my permanent impairments/disabilities from, so I see beauty in a lot of things. I am sure other members have nearly died, but I am not them.

While I respect you and your country, Moxen, I ask that you have the same respect for myself and my fellow forum members. When one is in the service of their country that have no choice in the missions they go on or where they go or what they do. As if Iranian military is any better.

And this is a tremendous concern I have, in fact, because I have found that in nearly any country that has Islam for a religion, they CANNOT tell the difference between the US and Israel. We are two separate nations, two separate people. They may be western in your view, but they are not western in our view. They are western only in physical location in your part of the world.

And certainly do not judge me as an Israeli. I guarantee you will not like my response.

Thanks, I read about the Iranian cuisine, do you have a favorite among the dishes described?

Hey guy, sorry for delay.
Unfortunately i'm not in love with foods , I love a simple food known as 'halim/حلیم' with a little of sugar, but we have best kebabs, and an odd food known as "kalle pache" that just strong men can eat it. Our Ãshes are as good as our kebabs.

Ok, after reading the entire thread, I think my response may be a bit different.

Iran is a very beautiful country.

I look at the people, and I see a strikingly unique culture. I see a people that have been around as long if not longer than history accounts for. They are a strong and brave yet loving people, as that is what it takes to live in a harsh environment like theirs.

I look at the terrain, and being that I am native to and live in a medium altitude arid savannah environment, I find a certain beauty in it that many people miss.

I also find geology fascinating, and I have a few samples of turquoise from the mountain range in the SW corner of Iran a friend gave me from decades back when he was there (during the reign of the Shah of Iran). I would love to collect that myself!

However, I am saddened however by the damage created by the new generation of Islam, as when you reflect back on when Iran was a strong nation and people, women not only did not have to hide with a rug covering their faces but they had rights.

Politically, Iran is not much different than a prison, that I can see. Perhaps not for Iranians as this is their home and culture, but for non-Iranians and Iranians holding dual nationality.

This is said, of course, in the manner it was as I have this view of how very little is ugly. Having nearly died several times, and I’m not talking about a near miss but actually surviving a couple serious accidents (where I now have my permanent impairments/disabilities from, so I see beauty in a lot of things. I am sure other members have nearly died, but I am not them.

While I respect you and your country, Moxen, I ask that you have the same respect for myself and my fellow forum members. When one is in the service of their country that have no choice in the missions they go on or where they go or what they do. As if Iranian military is any better.

And this is a tremendous concern I have, in fact, because I have found that in nearly any country that has Islam for a religion, they CANNOT tell the difference between the US and Israel. We are two separate nations, two separate people. They may be western in your view, but they are not western in our view. They are western only in physical location in your part of the world.

And certainly do not judge me as an Israeli. I guarantee you will not like my response.

Thx. In case of Turquoise , I have a Turquoise ring, It's really lovely, see some of Iranian art:
Our Turquoise
And about our Girls first : see the link and know the rule is easy
If you want a persian girl:
1 . She is muslim : you're muslim you can marry her . You're not mslim you will die.
2 . She is not muslim[christian / jew / bahai / etc] : you can have her , no problem.

About countries we have no problem with other people:
In case of USA , you changed our Democracy[Dr. Mosaddeq] with a dictatorship[shah] through[Ajax operation] before Islamic Revolution .Then you supported shah and savak to kill our people and in Iraq invasion to iran you supported Saddam and you limitted us with sanctions.
About Israel let me simplify the tension.
1. Germans killed Jews[Zionists Indeed][:crybaby:]
2. The jews killed palestinian to make their State.
3. On Islam law Muslims are brothers, youre killing our brother or supporting this. We can't be silent.
4. We are not Enemy of jews. the link
5. While Israel is in palestine it should be wiped, but if they move their state to europe or north america or somewhere out of Islamic countries we will help them.
About another countries :
Their supporting Israel Or Terrorists[Alqaede/ISIS/Rigi's team/Jayshuladl/Mujahidin Khalgh] or are damaging Iran they are oir enemy. Unless they can be our friends if they want.

With respect for US people, US gov. Is a Devil, Davidians, Blacks, your indians can tell you this. I can't understand how some oiligarchy group like Skull and bones / bohemian grove/ masones and others can rule on your life.

Thx. In case of Turquoise , I have a Turquoise ring, It's really lovely, see some of Iranian art:
Our Turquoise
And about our Girls first : see the link and know the rule is easy
If you want a persian girl:
1 . She is muslim : you're muslim you can marry her . You're not mslim you will die.
2 . She is not muslim[christian / jew / bahai / etc] : you can have her , no problem.

About countries we have no problem with other people:
In case of USA , you changed our Democracy[Dr. Mosaddeq] with a dictatorship[shah] through[Ajax operation] before Islamic Revolution .Then you supported shah and savak to kill our people and in Iraq invasion to iran you supported Saddam and you limitted us with sanctions.
About Israel let me simplify the tension.
1. Germans killed Jews[Zionists Indeed][:crybaby:]
2. The jews killed palestinian to make their State.
3. On Islam law Muslims are brothers, youre killing our brother or supporting this. We can't be silent.
4. We are not Enemy of jews. the link
5. While Israel is in palestine it should be wiped, but if they move their state to europe or north america or somewhere out of Islamic countries we will help them.
About another countries :
Their supporting Israel Or Terrorists[Alqaede/ISIS/Rigi's team/Jayshuladl/Mujahidin Khalgh] or are damaging Iran they are oir enemy. Unless they can be our friends if they want.

With respect for US people, US gov. Is a Devil, Davidians, Blacks, your indians can tell you this. I can't understand how some oiligarchy group like Skull and bones / bohemian grove/ masones and others can rule on your life.
Looking at everything you have said here, I’d have to say that you’re not in Iran, not from Iran, you're not Islamic, you’re not even an adult.

Grow up and get a life punk. :box:

I have some questions about Iran.

What would happen in Iran if a citizen spoke openly against something the government did wrong?

What would happen if someone wrote an article that criticized the political apparatus in Iran.

What would happen to a group of people that assembled to talk about problems they see in their own country(Iran)?

What would happen in Iran if a citizen spoke openly against something the government did wrong?

What would happen if someone wrote an article that criticized the political apparatus in Iran.

What would happen to a group of people that assembled to talk about problems they see in their own country(Iran)?

I do believe, good sir, that the answer is the same for all three questions. However, I suspect that you already know this. Would I be correct in that?

The answer isn't easy. It's not as simple as what will happen to someone that will study holocaust in france.
I'm not happy with the circumstances in my country.
In the years after Revolution we had a unstable Gov and our security organizations were working like Savak something badder than eastern Germany. After Rafsanjani the khatami Goverment changed many things. And we try to make an open society. But "Might is Right"! Who has power uses that to silencing his opposites such as your country and such as everywhere else.
But our law isn't so complicated. Talk against the existance of government isn't Expected. Talk against islam is a crime. Talk against something wrong that's occured isn't a crime but if mixed with lie or insult it's a crime. And if you're related to MKO or other terroris Groups everything you said can be used against yourself.

The answer isn't easy. It's not as simple as what will happen to someone that will study holocaust in france.
In the years after Revolution we had a unstable Gov and our security organizations were working like Savak something badder than eastern Germany. After Rafsanjani the khatami Goverment changed many things. And we try to make an open society. But "Might is Right"! Who has power uses that to silencing his opposites such as your country and such as everywhere else.
But our law isn't so complicated. Talk against the existance of government isn't Expected. Talk against islam is a crime. Talk against something wrong that's occured isn't a crime but if mixed with lie or insult it's a crime. And if you're related to MKO or other terroris Groups everything you said can be used against yourself.

That brings forth the point I want to make.

In the west, we are able to talk against our government and even assemble against our government through protest. There is also a blue print within our constitution to force governmental change through either peacefully, or violently if necessary, if it is the will of the people. I can give two examples of how the people can control the actions of the government, Vietnam and Syria. During the Vietnam war, the massive protests here in the US forced the government to a point where they had to pull out of that country because the intensity of the protests escalated almost to the point of revolution. Also, last year when the president was suggesting he was going to openly strike against the Assad regime, the massive public backlash against that decision forced him to back off.

We can openly speak out against any religion or we can practice any religion we choose. We have the choice. As long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of any other person then someone could hypothetically worship Darth Vader if they wanted to. However, in order to ensure there is no preference by the government of one religion of another, the government cannot officially or unofficially endorse ANY religion. Again, this is a check on potential persecution against any citizens individual rights that are guaranteed by the constitution.

In the US, the idea of "might is right" is usually vehemently pushed back against because there is an understanding of what happens when that thought process prevails. Again, we are not perfect and we don't proclaim to be perfect. However, the tools to rectify any problems we have are guaranteed by our constitutional rights that the government cannot infringe upon. If they do, then we have an appeals process that allows for any circumstances of unconstitutional behavior to be reviewed and if it is deemed unconstitutional by whatever court is reviewing it, the original determination will be thrown out.

I can call any government member, including the president, a complete and total idiot to their face and there is absolutely nothing they can do to me legally speaking. They also reserve the right to call me one too.

I can post whatever thoughts or ideas I have online, in the paper, or through any source of media and people are free to determine if it makes sense or not on their own. Those same people are free to counter my thoughts with their own arguments in whatever open forum of their choosing and it is again guaranteed by the constitution and bill of rights.

Therefore, I think we are fundamentally talking about two different things with two different sets of cultural values at play. I believe this will cause us to talk past each other instead of addressing the issues at hand.

P.S. again, it doesn't help when you say you want us to fall under your belief system or when you say my children need to pay in blood for what is happening in your part of the world. I think I understand what you mean, but that does not mean I am not going to violently protest ANYONE trying to hurt my children. I'm sure a fathers rage and willingness to kill for their child is much the same over in Iran as it is here in the US.

"If mixed with a lie or insult"... Who determines this? Also, what is the consequence? I'm sure it's not just a slap on the wrist?

That brings forth the point I want to make.

In the west, we are able to talk against our government and even assemble against our government through protest. There is also a blue print within our constitution to force governmental change through either peacefully, or violently if necessary, if it is the will of the people. I can give two examples of how the people can control the actions of the government, Vietnam and Syria. During the Vietnam war, the massive protests here in the US forced the government to a point where they had to pull out of that country because the intensity of the protests escalated almost to the point of revolution. Also, last year when the president was suggesting he was going to openly strike against the Assad regime, the massive public backlash against that decision forced him to back off.

We can openly speak out against any religion or we can practice any religion we choose. We have the choice. As long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of any other person then someone could hypothetically worship Darth Vader if they wanted to. However, in order to ensure there is no preference by the government of one religion of another, the government cannot officially or unofficially endorse ANY religion. Again, this is a check on potential persecution against any citizens individual rights that are guaranteed by the constitution.

In the US, the idea of "might is right" is usually vehemently pushed back against because there is an understanding of what happens when that thought process prevails. Again, we are not perfect and we don't proclaim to be perfect. However, the tools to rectify any problems we have are guaranteed by our constitutional rights that the government cannot infringe upon. If they do, then we have an appeals process that allows for any circumstances of unconstitutional behavior to be reviewed and if it is deemed unconstitutional by whatever court is reviewing it, the original determination will be thrown out.

I can call any government member, including the president, a complete and total idiot to their face and there is absolutely nothing they can do to me legally speaking. They also reserve the right to call me one too.

I can post whatever thoughts or ideas I have online, in the paper, or through any source of media and people are free to determine if it makes sense or not on their own. Those same people are free to counter my thoughts with their own arguments in whatever open forum of their choosing and it is again guaranteed by the constitution and bill of rights.

Therefore, I think we are fundamentally talking about two different things with two different sets of cultural values at play. I believe this will cause us to talk past each other instead of addressing the issues at hand.

P.S. again, it doesn't help when you say you want us to fall under your belief system or when you say my children need to pay in blood for what is happening in your part of the world. I think I understand what you mean, but that does not mean I am not going to violently protest ANYONE trying to hurt my children. I'm sure a fathers rage and willingness to kill for their child is much the same over in Iran as it is here in the US.

Hey guy , I have language problem, who will read this , please write short after to this.
In the west? Ok, you're claiming something and the truth is another. Just for test Can you have a protest as comunists or Holocaust denier.s and I saw the pictures and videos from fergusen, armored vehicles and m16s, this is your human right. And with respect for victims of "kent state shootins" , davidians , the singer of "Bloody Sunday", and other people that killed as protestors in US, You can find a wonderful list by searching "Bloody riots US/Bloody Protests" and everything similar. So enjoy your freedom. About your religion you a human made religion , You're on Liberalism and your holy book is "Universal Declaration of Human Rights" , but not human as human , the right of human as a god. With a holly story like holocaust. If you can tell me if US troops get back in their homeland can US be the Empire again. you can read about your gov's censeurship and media control and think about if someone can't know what's happening can he try to make problems. And i again prefer you to watch "Stat De Siege", And about the UK, David kelly is a good example , and about Germany it's name was "The Government of Secret Murdering" and Cobra 11 movies built to cover this. I think you should get close to Political Cinema.

Last edited:
Uh....what? Did you just blame three different things that didn't happen in the US on the US? Forgive me for being a little confused here...

Back