What's your impression of Mexicos military?

Status
Not open for further replies.
do your units have money?

I guess my question is are special ops in Mexico well funded in comparison to the other branches of the military?

Greetings from Norway. 8)
I wish I was in Mexico right now, starting to get cold here.. :?

I really don't know anything about Mexicos military capacities, so any information you want to (can) share with us is greatly appreciated.. :)

Their police force, Makes me as Nervous as being around two Heavily Armed Marines who wish that it was legal to snap my neck without reason.

Their Army, Scares the shit out of me...

c/LtCdr said:
I didn't know Mexica had an armed forces. Are they any good?

If they sent all of them into California, RIGHT Now.. They could probably kill every single person in California within three days with all the Fire Power they pack. <_<;; Then again, the Police Force has almost as much fire power as the National Guard, so.. Yeah. XD

Sorry I really don't know whom to blame, I never had any impression of Mexico army, nor of that of Brazil :D

But your pics are cool.

Uh oh, a militaryphoto's.net guy, I visit your forum regularly, and lemme tell you It gets way outa hand there ;) Nice pics :D

Well, I will always have a lowered opinon of other country's militaries, partly becuase of nationalism, and partly because the military's of Third World countries (Mexico, Egypt, China included) are always pawns in the next coup, which always seems imminent in those countries, seems like th one General in charge always sets his price and whichever side matches it will be the one's who are put in power. I am always wary of Latin American countries also, they have a lot to gain by helping drug smugglers, millions of dollars, Columbia is most notable in that aspect. I think these countries should stop bankrupting their economies so they can have their 1 million man armies (North Korea) while the masses are left to starve. I think Mexico should put some taxes on the foreign companies currently in Mexico, those companies are making alot of money from Mexica, think of how Mexica could profit by setting up a minimum wage law and targetted towards these foreign companies and place taxes on them, billions of dollars a year.

few specifications .......

I will ill just give you a few specifications of Mexico's military.

We have the 3rd largest Armed forces personnel in the american continent ( USA, BRAZIL & Mexico.)

We dont have Main Blatle tank. However we have the ERC-90 LYNX 90MM adopted as our ''light tank''

The Mexican standard assault rifle in the ARMY is the H&K G-3 7.62mm x 51 and in the NAVY the standard assault rifle is the M-16A2. The special forces use the MP5, M4 & CAR 15 and its diferent variants.

We have a lot of armored troop carriers.

A decent variation of special forces. Theres the GAFES, GANFES, BLACK NEEDLES,ASIES, KAIBILES, FRA, and the AIRBORNE Special Units. Well trained and equipt.

Our main jet fighter is the F-5E. 12 more were bought this year.

The Navy started a modernization plan. In this year we got 2 aliya class missiles boats. 50 Russian Ural trucks. 2 E-2 HAWKEYE .For next year we are getting 2 Panthers from EUROCOPTER. The goal is to have a modern naval force in the next 20 years.

The number of warships dont know exactly.
The main helicopter in the Navy is the MI -17 Russian helo. Theres plans for some russian helicopter plants will be installed to build helos in Mexico. This was discussed with russian president Vladimir Putin in its resent visit to Mexico.

Thats all i can tell you guys for now.

aap.jpg

WilsonMatthewDavid said:
c/LtCdr said:
I didn't know Mexica had an armed forces. Are they any good?

If they sent all of them into California, RIGHT Now.. They could probably kill every single person in California within three days with all the Fire Power they pack. <_<;; Then again, the Police Force has almost as much fire power as the National Guard, so.. Yeah. XD

I think you have exaggerated, ALOT! 35 Million people in 3 days is a lot.

There is more to a military than just an Army, We have an Air Force and a Navy to back it up. If Mexico sent all their troops into California they would return to find Mexico City occupied by the Army, the Navy had completely destroyed every patrol boat in the Mexican Navy (do you have any large ships? I am not sure.), and the Air Force would be dropping bombs on them every inch they tried to move forward, not to mention the fact that the UN will not complain if we just nuked Mexico City and called it even. Let us not forget that we have a very, very good supply system, tell me, how well can Mexico supply their troops when Mexico itself has been invaded and no supplies are moving North. And the Marines would simply surround California, move in from all directions, and send the Mexican troops fleaing into the ocean to be picked up by the Navy. Or the Marines would land on the beaches of California and force the Mexican Troops south, back towards Mexico only to be ambushed by the US Army shortly after crossing back into Mexica and thinking they are safe.

Besides, doesn't Mexico have an American President? Former CEO of Coca-Cola?

REMOVED

Mod edit: This post was extremely insulting to some of our members and entirely out of line, check your attitude and behaviour immediately.

mmmm

Im sorry, but whats the point here? I guess this is not an international forum, I can see most of this people are americans. Fine. This is my last post here.

Thanks to the people that really gave their opinion.

You are always welcome to Mexico.

thank you.

Nice job guys, nice job.

Damien, about Mexico invading Cali, it was a joke, Jesus! He was just saying they were tough. Damn, check your ego.

Re: mmmm

mxcomandos said:
Im sorry, but whats the point here? I guess this is not an international forum, I can see most of this people are americans. Fine. This is my last post here.

Thanks to the people that really gave their opinion.

You are always welcome to Mexico.

thank you.

Your comments and knowledge of your military are most welcome here. Please feel free to share any information you like. This is an international forum, and we're more than thrilled to have representatives of militaries throughout the world.

As for the rest of you, you better learn when it's debate time and when it's sit down, shut up, listen and learn time. Mxcommando offered a thread to learn about Mexico's military, not to start an "Us vs Them" flame war. Check your nationalistic ignorance at the door.

The amout that mexico spends of it's national gross percentage on it's military is one of the least in the world.

I think some of you went a lil far there. [Im sure the admins are gasping at that] To mxcomandos most people know nothing of your military. You should stick around and teach us some stuff and we will do the same for you.

mxcomandos, I'm really sorry for the behavior of some of the forum members here.
I can assure you that proper actions will be taken against them.
Damien and Actafool have been temporary banned from the forum!

Please don't judge the entire forum based on the actions of a few a-holes.

And to the rest of you out there:

We will NOT tolerate any more flaming/country bashing posts like this, and it will result in immediate banning if we see any more from now on.

If you can't accept the forum rules and respect the other members (and countries) then please find another place to "play".
I will report you IP and e-mail to several other large forums if you don't respect the rules from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back