What's your favourite military TV series?

Favourite military TV series?

• China Beach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colditz

• Combat!

• Emerald Point N.A.S.

• Garrison’s Gorillas

• NCIS

• Pensacola: Wings of Gold

• Red Cap

• SOF: Special Ops Force

• Supercarrier

• OTHER

• Total voters

SigPig

What's your favourite TV series with a military theme?

I gleaned as many as I could off the net. There are diferent eras (modern, WWII, Civil War) but I've limited them to action/dramas. Vote for your favourite, and tell me about it.

Also, if you think one particularly sucked, say so, too.

My fave was "Colditz".

Although I really like the early B&W "Combat!" It was the first show I saw where the German soldiers spoke German; they didn't stand around speaking English with German accents to each other.

J

NCIS. Believable plots, solid acting, plenty of action and reparté, and an ex-Marine Gunny who kicks ass. What could be better? :lol:

"Band of Brothers" was a mini-series on HBO and not a regular season long show on network TV. More of a movie for classification than anything else.

I'll go with NCIS for the same reasons as Charge 7. It's believable and well done. I used to like JAG but come on they've gotten out there. They also must be the most highly decorated single unit in Naval Service by now :roll:

Yep, 03, JAG has lost me pretty much too. Decorations, yeah Harm must have what? 6 Navy Crosses now? :roll:

Still watch it though to see Mac. I can get away with that because my better half likes looking at Harm :lol:

Yeah they hang a new Gong on Harm every time he tries a case.

But Mac.....Vavavavavooooooooom :lol:

Other: M*A*S*H anyone? It is my favorite military TV series. LOL I can't believe it wasn't a choice in the poll.

Tour of Duty I thought it was fairly well done plus I have a couple of the soundtracks that I still listen to on vinyl.

I have to say I like these shows in this order.

1. Rat Patrol
2.Combat!
3.JAG
4.NCIS

Those are all the military TV shows I've seen.

Back