• Canada

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

• Japan

• Russia

• Western European Countries (not including UK)

• Other

• Total voters
Italian Guy wrote about Canada:
why ? great country but small military and little fighting spirit.[\quote]

Canadian soldiers are some of the most resourceful around (due primarilty to the lack of decent materiel).

Do not confuse the spirit of the Canadian Forces with the political will of the yum-yums in political office.

The Liberals want to spend only on social programs etc, and cut the military. Conservatives want to cut everything -- including the military. The NDP would abolish the military and replace it with outreach workers.

Sure, the Canadian Gov't bowed out of the Iraq invasion. But I doubt you'll find many soldiers in the Patricias or the Strathconas or even the Reserve units who would not gladly have gone if asked. A lot of guys in my unit wanted to go.

The spirit of Vimy Ridge, Dieppe, Beaumont Hamel, is still alive in the rank-and-file dog soldier. We just can't get support from the Federal Gov't.

Our best ally is the good ol' US of A, and with the latest missile defence debacle, we are running the risk of ruining our friendship.

J

What about us RCR? who were on 4 hours notice to move for a month to go to Iraq? AS SIGPIG said do not ever think that because of our government, Canadian soldiers aren't ready and willing to fight, and that we are not trained to do so. If anyone disagrees, try out the infantry Battleschool...

SigPig said:
Italian Guy wrote about Canada:
why ? great country but small military and little fighting spirit.[\quote]

Canadian soldiers are some of the most resourceful around (due primarilty to the lack of decent materiel).

Do not confuse the spirit of the Canadian Forces with the political will of the yum-yums in political office.

The Liberals want to spend only on social programs etc, and cut the military. Conservatives want to cut everything -- including the military. The NDP would abolish the military and replace it with outreach workers.

Sure, the Canadian Gov't bowed out of the Iraq invasion. But I doubt you'll find many soldiers in the Patricias or the Strathconas or even the Reserve units who would not gladly have gone if asked. A lot of guys in my unit wanted to go.

The spirit of Vimy Ridge, Dieppe, Beaumont Hamel, is still alive in the rank-and-file dog soldier. We just can't get support from the Federal Gov't.

Our best ally is the good ol' US of A, and with the latest missile defence debacle, we are running the risk of ruining our friendship.

J

Well said. I i wanted to respond to that comment also but i didnt know how to word it.

I guess i will stick to Norway and Finland, they still fear our supeority so they will keep being our friends :lol: just kidding!

But yeah Norway and Finland! :D

Australia's allies go on a 2 tier system.

1st level = Australia, USA, UK
2nd level = Canada, New Zealand, Singapore
3rd level = everyone else

We see the US and UK as top allies because we share technology and training with them that nobody else in the world has; gen 3 NVG/NADS/IR, codes, coms equipment plus exchange programs with training and troops from each nation doing stints with eachothers armies in order to share ideas and training. It's equipment that only those 3 nations have access to.

We see Canada, NZ and Singapore as good allies, but they use "poor" technology by comparison.

We have other nations who we are friendly with, but thats about it.

I think the most important ally to care for a european state is first of all the rest of europe. The rest of the world comes only in second place.
I think the British do not feel like Europeans, but in my opinion they should.

I would be happy to fight along side any English speaking Nation as we all have a common out look on life, and our military structures are much the same. Lets face it most of the blokes from English Speaking world are okay to fight along side.

i was born and raised in the USA.. i live in new york.. i hate the usa :roll:
i like russia :twisted:

Back