Whats is your favorite War Mistake...

Jtf2

Banned
What is your fav. war mistake for example when hitler divided the he's armys before reaching stallingrad with then became the beginning of the end of WW2...

You mean

you mean war blunders? Well, the entire span of WWI. But really, this british general in the Bur War, that marched his company all night, only to discover he past hes objective. So he decided to compencate. He lined hes troops facing bhack to the Bur positions, and then had them charge backwards.....After the Burs managed to shake of the amazment of being "back-charged" at, they gunned the poor brits down...

My Favorite? When the British at islanwanda allowed their troops to run out of ammo...and the zulus matched spears and shields against bayonets.

The british died in their little defensive squares...almost 1400 of them.

if I had to pick a second blunder...Id have to say the battle of the crater at St Petersburg, Virgina. Imagine packing that much gunpowder under a confederate position,,,blowing it up...and then leading your men down into a hole that they couldnt climb out of, but the confederates could shoot into.

Big mistake.

:shock:

Battle of New Orleans with the British doing a frontal assault on American troops entrenched on the beach and behind trees. While the British got off the boats the americans fired at them, then when the brits made there lines they attacked... 2,000 wounded/dead for British before getting back on there ships and sailing off. And 6 dead for the americans.

One of my favs is when an US fighter (not sure whitch one) in afghanistan shot at canadian force training ...

It was an F-16, at NIGHT, that dropped a "dumb" bomb on what the pilot thought were al-Qaida forces firing on him, but was in actuality Canadian troops and indigenous forces who were firing celebratory fire into the air. It was a tragedy, and not a laughing matter at all, Jtf2.

No im laughing at the poor jugement and lack of restraint of the pilot. I wasin't laughing i meant it in a...well i wasin't laughing

And redneck day or night dosen't the US military have the best equipment? shauldin't they be able to differentiate friend from foe?

What makes you think I was trying to justify what happened? I said it was a tragedy and I meant it. My correction of your original statement (which has now been changed I see) was to help you get the facts straight.
No matter how much technology we have, there will always be a factor of human error, which unfortunately can have enormous consequences when the weapons of war are concerned. Just like the British helicopter collisions at the beginning of the war, it's terrible, but it is NOT an indictment of the British military or the British people, it was a terrible accident, nothing more.

ok

Yes, well there all horrible event, these blunders, but some are fnny, not funny ha-ha, you know, redicules....

ridiculous*

I saw this show on the History Channel the other day about the German pilot who got off course and accidently bombed the outskirts of London, starting the massive city bombings and the Blitz. That was a pretty big one.

Back