• Dodge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (be specific

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Northrop Grumman
EDIT:
ACTaFOOL82 said:
What ime saying is, they can be assembled wherever out of whatever, the money is going too the home company. Whether its in North America, Europe, or Aisa. You also hit the nail on the head, maybe Nissan contributed a little too a Ford focus, or a Chevy cavalier, but when it comes too anything big, and more expensive its American parts.

Also the American cars usually (ime excluding exotics) are gonna last longer, are easier too fix, and have better resale value. Its not that Dodge cant build a good tranny its the new ones suck. They are fairly easy too repair compared too some of these FWD rice rockets. :cowb:

Actually the cars that are built in Japan, that are shipped over last way longer thatn a ford or dodge.

ACTaFOOL82 said:
What ime saying is, they can be assembled wherever out of whatever, the money is going too the home company. Whether its in North America, Europe, or Aisa. You also hit the nail on the head, maybe Nissan contributed a little too a Ford focus, or a Chevy cavalier, but when it comes too anything big, and more expensive its American parts.

Also the American cars usually (ime excluding exotics) are gonna last longer, are easier too fix, and have better resale value. Its not that Dodge cant build a good tranny its the new ones suck. They are fairly easy too repair compared too some of these FWD rice rockets. :cowb:
You must have never bought parts for a Datsun/Nissan Z car. They are very hard to get and high priced. Also, many 1992-1996 300zx twin turbo cars sell for anywhere to $18,000 to $23,000 stock. I have yet to see too many American cars that old sell for that high even ones with 40,000 miles go for that high. When it comes to fixing and repairing, all cars, truck, vans from all manufacturers have problems. When I worked at Crest Cheverolet, all we worked on was Chevys, Cadillacs and GM. At the time brand new Chevy Blazers with only 3,000-6,000 miles and front wheel bearings fried, common problem. 2002 Cadillacs with electrical draws, common problem. Northstar motors with leaking valves. At a Ford dealership, all we worked on was plenty of Fords. At a small town private shop we worked on everything you can think of, even some Audis and Renaults. Every car has its strengths and its weaknesses. To say foreign cars have a lot more problems than American cars is just not true. Certain cars may have more problems but again, even with propper maintenance, cars have problems. Thus we have guys who owe Snap-On and Matco tons of money to fix all cars and all sorts of problems. Enough said and I am done being :eek:fftopic:

Time, you have no idea what your talking about. Keist talking about the value of a rice burner is ridiculous, You forgot too mention how much a (used) 1989-96 Mustang Saleen, SVO, or Cobra cost. Thats just one manufacturer.

You worked at a Ford, and Chevy dealership, and you worked on... Fords and Chevys. I wouldve thought you work on Nissans at a Ford dealership (sarcasm). I just counted 5 imports and 3 domestics when I went outside, but maybe thats just a coincidence? Even if all cars have problems (which they do), domestics are easier too work on. Apperently you have some wrenchin experience, and you know thats true.

Off topic but funny- We went too the drag races. My friend Krista owns a 300zx twin turbo. She watched my brother and his friends race their 5.0 mustangs (14-15 sec e.t.), after talking some trash she went. Telling everyone how bad she was gonna beat them. Needless too say she didnt break 16 seconds all night, even with my dad, and her boyfriend driving. :cowb:

yes I do I chose to choose an Airplane manufacturer.

Well it would have to be Willy's. My favourite is: Willy's MB jeep.

ACTaFOOL82 said:
Time, you have no idea what your talking about. Keist talking about the value of a rice burner is ridiculous, You forgot too mention how much a (used) 1989-96 Mustang Saleen, SVO, or Cobra cost. Thats just one manufacturer.

You worked at a Ford, and Chevy dealership, and you worked on... Fords and Chevys. I wouldve thought you work on Nissans at a Ford dealership (sarcasm). I just counted 5 imports and 3 domestics when I went outside, but maybe thats just a coincidence? Even if all cars have problems (which they do), domestics are easier too work on. Apperently you have some wrenchin experience, and you know thats true.

Off topic but funny- We went too the drag races. My friend Krista owns a 300zx twin turbo. She watched my brother and his friends race their 5.0 mustangs (14-15 sec e.t.), after talking some trash she went. Telling everyone how bad she was gonna beat them. Needless too say she didnt break 16 seconds all night, even with my dad, and her boyfriend driving. :cowb:
Talking about the value of well known and respected Z cars is not ridiculous. I am not talking about point A to B cars like Civics and such. Even Mazda RX-7s and Toyota Supras are very high in value today. For me, working on older 1960-1980 domestic cars is easier but any newer domestic, especially front wheel drives are just as much of a pain in the arse to work on as a foreign. When I worked at that private auto mechanic shop, the fastest clutch job I have ever done was on a Honda Accord. Took me 1 hour and 40 minues. The guy next to me replacing a clutch on a Dodge Neon took 3 hours to do. Also at that shop, I too could walk out and see 5 imports and 3 domestics. One day, all I did was work on foreigns. Then, for a couple of days straight, all we got in was Ford and Chevy trucks and cars and several Dodge cars and vans.
Your friends Twin Turbo must me roached because my first non-turbo 1990 Z stock did 14.8-15.6 in the quarter mile time after time. A stock twin turbo in good running order is somewhere in the high 13s and low 14s. I do not remember the exact #.

We can talk about whos right, and whos wrong, and tell stories all day. But when it comes down too it, your either American, or a rice boy. I think youve showed your true colors. I also like how you compared a Civic with a Neon (smallest car Dodge makes), instead of a Taurus, Intrepid, or Stratus. I prefer having a 500hp car without turbo or Nos. O wait rice burners cant get 500hp without turbo or Nos. Thats the only thing rice burners can do too keep up with the domestics.

Z cars are only respected by rice boys. Everyone I know rolls their eyes, when a rice boy opens his hood reaveling a 2 liter grenade motor. But when the man in the Mach 1 shows up he gets respected. I think this rice craze is just a phase thats already dying. Even if her car was "roached" (rice lingo for messed up) she still got powned by newbs in almost stock (headers and intake) 5.0's. :cowb:

ACTaFOOL82 said:
We can talk about whos right, and whos wrong, and tell stories all day. But when it comes down too it, your either American, or a rice boy. I think youve showed your true colors. I also like how you compared a Civic with a Neon (smallest car Dodge makes), instead of a Taurus, Intrepid, or Stratus. I prefer having a 500hp car without turbo or Nos. O wait rice burners cant get 500hp without turbo or Nos. Thats the only thing rice burners can do too keep up with the domestics.

Z cars are only respected by rice boys. Everyone I know rolls their eyes, when a rice boy opens his hood reaveling a 2 liter grenade motor. But when the man in the Mach 1 shows up he gets respected. I think this rice craze is just a phase thats already dying. Even if her car was "roached" (rice lingo for messed up) she still got powned by newbs in almost stock (headers and intake) 5.0's. :cowb:
I do like my Nissan and Mazda sports cars but I do have a respect for any fastback Mustang or SS Camaro as well as any sports car in general. I love sports cars and am open to any and all makes and models. The classier the better.
And by the way, I talked about a Honda Accord (not Civic) which IS comparable to a Taurus, Intrepid, or Stratus. The more experienced tech next to me replacing the clutch in the Neon (the smallest car Dodge makes) took 3 hours whereas the clutch job on the bigger Accord took me about half the time. So as I said before, newer Domestic cars can be just as much of a pain in the butt to work on.
As far as the Z car goes, for any person who respects automotive performance, not just someone who is prejudiced to Domestic cars, the Z car IS well respected just as the Mach 1 is (by the way, the Z car has a 3.0 liter V6 motor).
And as far as foreign cars only being able to get 500 horsepower with turbos and such, well, what is the problem with that? It is kind of like comparing the old M1 Garand with a newer M4 rifle. Both are great but things have changed and the newer lighter model is better for what is needed to get done. To take a engine with 2 less cylinders and put turbos on it, you get just as much horsepower but less weight meaning you get better handling with your car, quicker revving, and less moving parts. Those are just a few of the things that cement my reasons for prefering the import sports car to the domestic. Plus foreign sports cars are creative and keep coming up with new ideas. Tradition is great but Chevy and Ford have not really changed the Mustang and Camaro and Corvette a whole lot for the last 40 years. Time to think outside the automotive box. Like the Mazda RX-7 with the rotary engine, only 3 moving parts internally and only a 1.3 liter engine yet, I know people who can push 600 (not 500) horsepower easily out of them and run very low 8 second times in them WITHOUT NITROUS.
It all boils down to what your preferences are. As I have always said in reference to Domestic muscle cars, Anyone can strap a rocket to their ass and go fast in a straight line but they cannot achieve the handling and constant acceleration and high RPMs that a smaller engine with less moving parts can. :cheers:

Dont even start about handling, domestics dominate trans am racing. I'll put my 70' Boss 302 up against any rice rocket in a trans am race. Its not much for quarter mile times but it handles like a pro (and its old technology). Just like newer domestics still do to this day (corvette, viper). Domestics are superior, in every type of race the top dawg drives a domestic, you dont see Toyota winning any nascar or drag races. Chevy is even doing very well in F1, and Lemans, against Ferraris. Thats why they have import classes, becuz they cant keep up with the big dawgs.

Honda Accords are tiny, even compared too a tuarus. I am glad about one thing, the new rotary motors are pretty sweet. But I dont see them going in anything big.

I already said we can talk all we want when it comes down too it your either a American, or a rice boy. :cowb:

To each his own. I would however like to see you try and out corner a Nissan Skyline GTR or the RX-7 or the 300ZX TT. As far as F1 racing goes, the Infiniti has been one of the top cars for several years. Enough said.

Who gives a crap about cornering, every rice burner you talk about , is obsolete to domestics, in every way. In other words you cant name a rice burner that cant be beat by a domestic. Infiniti can have F1, America has everything else.

Too tell you the truth... I just want the last word. :cowb:

ACTaFOOL82 said:
Who gives a crap about cornering, every rice burner you talk about , is obsolete to domestics, in every way. In other words you cant name a rice burner that cant be beat by a domestic. Infiniti can have F1, America has everything else.

Too tell you the truth... I just want the last word. :cowb:

Lots of people give a crap about cornering. Even a lot of domestic guys I know realize that there is more to racing than going fast in a straight line or a really big damn circle. Every rice burner I talk about is obsolete to domestics? You must do some research before you make statements like that. How is having a 1.3 Liter Rotary (3 moving parts internally now mind you which is a very large accomplishment in and of itself to do) that can easily produce 600 horsepower obsolete to a heavy arse 5.0 Liter or 5.7 Liter with more than quadruple the moving internal parts and weighs about 3 times as much as the 1.3 Liter????? How do you consider domestic cars still offering rear drum brakes as a standard issue as opposed to all imports now (except for the lowest priced most stripped down commuter model) offering four wheel disc brakes as a standard issue obsolete????? How do you consider the Nissan Skyline GTR all wheel drive system obsolete when it is programable so you can get the best take offs and handling as you drive. You can start out in rear wheel drive so you get the initial launch, then it switches to front wheel drive so you get a pull instead of sitting there burning rubber, then it switches to all wheel drive for maximum rubber to road contact? No domestic driveline can touch it, even Road & Track, Consumer Reports, and Car & Driver know that and have listed it.
As far as domestic cars owning every thing else? They own NASCAR and some drag racing. No domestic car owns rally racing. No domestic car owns Gran Turismo racing.
To tell you the truth, I know my stuff about cars and am open to cars of all makes and models. That is why I know these things. I do not let prejudice to domestics blind me to the fact that there are better pieces of automotive performance out there. Whether it is performance or just consumer.
I will let the initial poll results of this poll/survey have the last word. Notice the low % of the Domestics?????? :twisted:

My 1970 Swinger 340 has disc in front drum in back. Its over thirty years old, which new cars still use drum? What companies rally race? and as far as I know Gran Tourismo is a video game (ive never seen it on ESPN).

I also think its funny when you talk about all the cool hardware on your Skyline (riceburner equivalent too a Trans am WS-6), and in reality a posi trac Ford GT would own it. :lol: Just like I said w/out turbo, and Nos (I know, its not stock with Nos) it would just be an above average rice burner. Also who cares if the rotary only has 3 moving parts, did Car and Driver forget to mention all the domestics w/out rotary still own it.

Domestics own all drag racing, how many imports can run a 4-5 second quarter mile, NONE. Thats why they have their own (slower) classes in racing. I think America is gettin tired of this rice phase. Isn't the Neon SRT-4 the fastest stock sport compact? Dont call my love, and patriotism for America prejudice, rice boys would'nt understand. :cowb:

Quite frankly I hate the look, sound, and feel of a foreign car, especially a rice burner, they put those crappy little mufflers on them, waste money on the undercarriage lighting, LED lights on the dash, and they are tiny, no room, I don't by a car to get from point A to point B in as little time as possible, I get a car to get from Point A to point B, period, I have a FORD POS, "88 Taurus, 3 Liter V6, small, underpowered engine (I think V6's are small, if I ever get a truck or SUV it will be V8 and probably Diesel for me, since diesel is much more efficient and cheap.

But one thing my car has over a Honda Civic is ROOM you can stretch your legs, you can get in without throwing out your back, people in the rear seat have room to move around, and nice trunk space, how many of these Honda Civics can claim that? I have even beat a suped up Civic in a race, not just straight drag, had to dodge traffic, I judged the gaps well, slipping through smaller gaps than they dared even though my car is a mid sized an his was a Civic (tiny), re regardless of how much money you put in one of those cars it will never be able to beat a Dodge Ram on gravel, grass, or mud, yet a Dodge Ram, especially the new Hemis, can put up a good challenge to a rice burner on the city streets, and the truck can be used for WORK, which is an important factor, especially in rural America where these trucks are used to transport goods, hauling wagons, and can even pull a Camper.

And as for the low percent for domestics, notice how many domestics you have listed? only 3! While they represent the finest of American Trucks they do not do justice to our cars, muscle cars, and the three domestics listed sti.l got 10/18 votes, and that is those three against all foreign made cars and against all other domestics.

Damien I salute you! :m1:

Like I said your either American or a rice boy. You gotta love American steel. :cowb:

ACTaFOOL82 said:
Like I said your either American or a rice boy. You gotta love American steel. :cowb:

Whats with the term "rice boy"? What just becuase you prefer American cars, you cant just label people you dont as a "rice boy"? Thats so freaking racist dude. I didnt get up in your face about religion, dont go offending me about my race. Yes, Asian people eat rice, Asian countries import cars to the states. People who eat rice and or drive Asian cars are not "rice boys" got it?

Just for your information, this is how I define rice boy. "A person who likes rice burners (annoying foreign cars)." Its kinda like the word red neck, that doesnt mean you have too be white, it just means you have a 4 by 4, or a diesel. Dont get on me for being racist, anyone (black, white, mexican, asian) can be a rice boy. Just like anyone can be a red neck. I never meant too offend anyone with that term, I didnt even know you were Asian.

It is a car term, so I understand that you took it wrong. Its not something you hear everyday. :cowb:

The best jeep is between Mercedes G55 and Hummer H1
The best 4 car makers BMW, Mercedes, audi, volvo , there all very reliable and dont drop in price as fast as chevy,ford....etc

Back