What's your Favorite Thing about the Military?

Why would you get out of the military?

• Too many deployments

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Want to finish college

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Topgunjn1

My favorite thing about the military are the people I serve with.

After you go to a place like Afghanistan or Iraq the members of your unit become family, and there's no other way I can explain it. They know things that ya'll went through that nobody else would understand.

I wouldn't want to get out of the military. And my favorite part of being in the military, well, I'm not in it yet, but the reason why I want to join the military is because I want to do something else besides sit at a computer my whole life and do nothing. I want to serve my country and actually do something worth doing and something honorable.

BaZoOkAzNgReNaDeZ

I liked your reply. I also like being apart of something larger than myself. In every generation of my family there has been someone that has served. Because one this has to be something you love to want to make it a career.
I wouldn't want to get out of the military. And my favorite part of being in the military, well, I'm not in it yet, but the reason why I want to join the military is because I want to do something else besides sit at a computer my whole life and do nothing. I want to serve my country and actually do something worth doing and something honorable.

Topgunjn1 said:
My favorite thing about the military are the people I serve with.

After you go to a place like Afghanistan or Iraq the members of your unit become family, and there's no other way I can explain it. They know things that ya'll went through that nobody else would understand.

i agree. iv never been part of a close knit group like that, and i want htat comradeship, i think that is a big part of why i want to join the military. and another reason is to prove that i can be something, to be the best in the world.

I decided to use my GI bill for College. Now, knowing what I know, I would have retired before returning to College.

Well I am getting out of the military....put my release in 16 days ago and just sitting and waiting to find out when I get out. I chose to get out because I know I'm not suited for the military lifestyle. I had a good 2 years, was a good experience, but it's time for me to move onto something new.....

If I could have gotten in, it would have been for the brotherhood aspect. I've always wanted to be a part of a group like that. It would seem to have more meaning to it than retail management will ever have.

I miss two things primarily... 1) camraderie, it is unmatched in the civilian sector and 2) being to work for and with people who can be professional. By professional I mean when I screw up someone will rip me a new exit for my 4th point of contact but it is not personal, immediately after it is over with, done, finished, after work we still go grab a few beers and there are is no lingering hurt feelings or other bullspit and likewise when it is I who is the supervisor ripping into someone for having a brainfart.

The best thing about serving in the army are the moments, drinking a cup of coffe with some colleagues not talking about anything in particular.

Thats everyday life for me now. I like it:)

Inn Norway

Ted said:
I want to get into the army so that people will finally listen to me!
The people her in norway don´ listen more too if you are inn the service
the 20 to 30 year old people usually spit at you if are going past them inn yore uniform.
These happens too my almost every day when I am going home from work.
And i am not taking off my uniform be chose over that
i am proved of my uniform

But that i love white the service is all the god colleagues you cold never get better friends and colleagues
inn the civilian life

You have a saying in the Norwegian army Aldri dimme dø i strid that means never demobilized die on the battle ground.
That´s the code i´m living after. My blood is green :salute:

Back