Whats your Favorite MRE, C-RAT .. ETC ETC

I'd take any MRE any day over any full C-rat package. In the C-rats I only liked the sweets and the canned fruit. The main courses were garbage in my book.

There was one MRE that sucked to get, because the main course was just one thing rather than the usual two, but I can't remember what that was now???

The way to go is.....

Hi everyone, new member here :rambo:

Just thought i'd jump right in and say that my favourite ration related item is a tie between the fudge brownie in the US MRE, and the "Beans and weiners" in the Canadian IMP ration.

I collect rations, so i've tried a few different ones. Anyone else share such a strange hobby with me?

Hey as long as they're warm! The beef stew is... interesting when uncooked.

I have to say the wheat snack bread and you have to put the cheese spread on it, esp if you can get the Jalepeno cheese spread. :D

I had some freaky looking M&Ms once, some disco or tie dyed theme or something. But hey, M&Ms are M&Ms as long as they don't take your desserts from ya life is good. Oh and the poundcake is decent.

samirine said:
Hey as long as they're warm! The beef stew is... interesting when uncooked.

I have to say the wheat snack bread and you have to put the cheese spread on it, esp if you can get the Jalepeno cheese spread. :D

I had some freaky looking M&Ms once, some disco or tie dyed theme or something. But hey, M&Ms are M&Ms as long as they don't take your desserts from ya life is good. Oh and the poundcake is decent.
wait....MRE's come warm? I have YET to use the little heater packet thing...no time, when you're in that patrol base or ORP, you gotta eat quick...then the juices get all over your rucksack and it's just a pain in the ass to clean and your ruck smells like beef stew for the next goddamn week...uhh yeah :p

FAV MRE

I was always partial to the Beef Stew, but the spaghetti with maranara was good when all we ahd were teh vegetarian ones... and for some reason i always got M&M or Skittles in every single one.

I absolutely HATED the Beef Steak or the Country Chicken... and I had one before that the bag for the meal ( beef stroganoff, I think) was missing the beef stroganoff, it had 2 bags of rice, and 2 of the little bags with the bottle of tabasco and coffee... no wheat bread, peanut butter, or anything. I got GYPED! that was a miserable dinner...
As I recall, the Hamburger one was pretty nasty, as well...

Raptor said:
Hmm.....the Beef Stew MREs kick major ass, specially with a little tabasco sauce the spaghetti MREs are also good, if you dont mind eatting things half cold, like we had to do during Manuevers last summer for a JROTC camp.

Woah me too... thats exactly my favorite beef stew an spaggetti with tobassco :D :D i love the crackers with cheese spread... i always ave MREs... cuz are AI & SAI sell them cuz are JROTC isnt completely funded by the ghetto skool.. they keep on cutting it so we have too do alot of fundraisers... but its all good cuz that means more ribbons and lamps for me ^_^

Beef Steak
or
Beef Frankfurters

actually any of them that have crackers and Jalepeno cheese

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

My favorite IMP is BBQ Beans and Frankfurters. You won't find many people that'll agree with me there.

My fav MRE is the Turkey Breast thing. The worst has to be also the Country Captain Chicken!! The tomato sauce was disgusting :shock: . But the German MRE´s ,called EPA´s ( Combat Ration Individual) are also very good. I readded that you get 3 MRE´s per Day. Is it not to much to carry :?: Here we just get one EPA per Day, OK it´s a little bit bigger than one MRE but not much. The French MRE´s should be also very good. I never eat one i just hear about it.

Greetz Joker

SOme of the old MRE's are still the best.....

BBQ Beef
Ham/CHicken Loaf (need a canteen of two to wash it down)
the dehyradated pork patty

Most of the time we rat*&^$#d the cases and traded the decent stuff.

Gonna show my age.
Alpo AKA Beef ground in spice sauce.
Ham and Choke er Chicken loaf
Ham Slices

Hated
Chicken ala King

You youngsters should have been around for the Chocolate Fudge and Vanilla Fudge Bars. EXLAX on steriods.

Anybody remember the Gorilla Cookies?

03USMC said:
Anybody remember the Gorilla Cookies?

I remember them, if they didnt melt, I actually liked them! Used to trade that damn nutcake everyone liked for them whenever I had the chance. How about the first crackers that were like the old C rat crackers? Dry paperboard....

Oh yeah I remember the crackers. You never wanted to drink water while you were eating em those things would expand to twice their size. But they were okay with the neon orange cheese. If the cheese wasn't so far gone you couldn't get the oil to mix back in.

Back