Whats your favorite military book/novel?

GuyontheRight

Mine has gotta be The Hunt For Bin Laden: Task Force Dagger byRobin Moore. It rshows the true story behind the Special Force takdown of the Taliban, and really shows a parellel to the Green Berets of today with there Northern Allience conterparts, and the Vietnam era Green Berets with their Montagnard guys.

"Red Storm Rising" by Tom Clancy.
Or most books by Clancy.
They are extremely detailed and (frightingly) realistic.

But I have to admit that it's been a while since I have read any military books now... Just haven't found the time to start.

Maybe I should give "The Hunt For Bin Laden: Task Force Dagger" a chance now!?

Hey, i reccomend it. Robin Moore is openly bias toward unconventional warfare, and although I didnt agree with some of his own opinions thrown in, it's very factual and written in a fictional type mannor, so its got alot of action.

The Aubrey/Maturin series by Patrick O'Brien, they are about the most realistic and detailed books I have ever read about the maritime war during the Napoleanic wars. Very well written and extremely enjoyable.

My Favorite Book

my favorite Book? "The ten thousand" by Harold Coyle...read all his works since 'Team Yankee" :oops: :shock: :D

'About Face' by Col. David Hackworth
'Hazardous Duty' by " "
'The Price of Honor' by " "

The first two are nonfiction books, the first being the biography of his military life and the second of his post-military life. They offer an amazing perspective in the leadership and structure in the modern military. The third's a novel of his which is beautifully written and detailed.

Also:

'Rainbow Six'
'Without Remorse'
'The Teeth of the Tiger'
'The Bear and the Dragon'
'Clear and Present Danger'
'The Sum of All Fears'
'Airborne'
'Marine'
All by Tom Clancy

'Parachute Infantry' By David Kenyon Webster, the memiors of a paratrooper in the 101st during WWII.

'Starship Troopers' by Robert A. Heinlein

'Blackhawk Down' by Mark Bowden

'We Were Soldiers Once...And Young' by Lt. Gen. Hal Moore and Joseph Galloway

'Delta Force' by Col. Charlie Beckwith

'Rogue Warrior' by Cmdr. Richard Marcinko and John Weissman

'Delivered From Evil: The Saga of World War II' by Robert Leckie

'King Rat' by James Clavell

Just to name a few...

EDIT:

Stupid self forgot about 'The Art of War'...

Wild Blue is about American bomber crews in WW2. I think Ambrose also wrote "Citizen Soldiers" or something similar to that, and it was good as well - I'm not sure that is the exact title.

we were soilders once and young

great book aslo

the killer angles and gods and generals

if anybody else has a good cival war book it would be nice if you could tell me about it

i tried reading hunt for red october by mr. tom C. i could only get thought he 2nd chapter BOARING!!!!

Yea, I just watch the movies of Clancy :D

Anyway if your looking for a good Civil War book Id try The Last Full Measure by Jeff Sharah. It's the last book in his and his dad's series.

Yea, I just watch the movies of Clancy :D

Anyway if your looking for a good Civil War book Id try The Last Full Measure by Jeff Sharah. It's the last book in his and his dad's series.

I remember reading the Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy. It was loaned to me by my company commander in the National guard

Blackhawk Down was a great book as well.

Does anyone know if david Webster's memoirs are easily obtainable, or are used copies the only way to go? I have been looking for it for a while, since I read Band of Brothers and saw he had a book of his own.

My favourite military book is Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy, I think it's a book that in a quite realistic and imaginative way describe what a war between NATO and Soviet would have been like.

i'm in love with the book Band of Brothers... although i never have gotten all the way through it... it took me a good month to get through almost half of it, altho i didn't get a whole lot of time to read it.. Its one of those books for me that i'll have to read a few times to really get everything out of it... but i love it.. i also liked Return with honor by scott o'grady (i think thats what it is...) cause it was an all around good book

Right now i'm reading In Harms Way... really good

Back