Whats your favorite military book/novel? - Page 7

--
Boots

May 29th, 2004  
si6

My List...

All Tom Clancys,Harold Coyle,Steven Coonts, and a few others im readin now De merceo
May 29th, 2004  
IrishWizard

All books written by Stephen Ambrose, especially Band of Brothers
May 29th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six.
--
Boots
May 29th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Swift Silent and Surrounded
Black Hawk Down
Band of Brothers
Once an Eagle
All Quiet on the Western Front
We Were Soldiers Once and Young
Flags Of Our Fathers
May 30th, 2004  
GUNNER

I read a book once called "Hurry up and wait" it was written by a military wife for military wives, it was a hoot, it's all about being a service wife.

GUNNER
May 30th, 2004  
Achilles

i really like rifles for wadie, whos read it.
May 30th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel On Target
The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer
Whats it about?
May 31st, 2004  
bush musketeer

Topic: fav book

those ragged bloody heroes:from kokoda track to gona beach1942 by peter brune

the desert column by ion idress

gallipoli by micheal hickey

battletactics of naploeon and his enemies by brent nosworthy

Jacka's mob by Captain E.J.Rule, MC.,MM.,
June 2nd, 2004  
GreggK

i have read alot of these books.... but one that has not been mentioned, and is a great book. "Time To Hunt" by Stephen hunter. its a marine story from vietnam and ends in modern times. i have a copy as my own personal book. i have read it a few times and i can still not put it down. everytime i read it i read the whole book in 2 days. not bad for 468 pages. if anyone wants it let me know i will ship it out to them.
June 3rd, 2004  
Achilles

Quote:
whats it about
rifles for wadie is the tale of the little publicies civil war in the far west(i.e. arkansas, kansas, oklahoma and texas) it is centered on the life of a fictionional caracter in real happenings. he joins the union army soon after his family is attacked unnseccessfully by confederate militants, during the story the heroe(based on real people)is everything from an infantryman to a spy, he even fights as an artilleryman during the battle of prarie grove.