What's your favorite dog breed? - Page 9

View Poll Results :What's your favorite dog breed?
Labs 8 9.30%
Retrievers 6 6.98%
Boxer 1 1.16%
Bulldog 3 3.49%
Poodle 0 0%
Rottweiler 3 3.49%
Terrier 8 9.30%
Mutt 6 6.98%
Other 51 59.30%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

October 7th, 2007  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzlebrake
Hey, bud, I know how to Google. That wasn't my question. This is a military site, right? Belgian Malinois, German Shepherds, Dobermans are all MWDs (Military Working Dogs) yet NONE of them are on this list. Poodles can be as smart as you say but I don't see any of them used by the military. Oh and btw, ANY dog not trained is "brainless". It's not something unique to Shepherds.
You asked "Somebody explain to me how a freakin' Poodle can be on this poll and a German Shepherd NOT be? Hello? MWD? Obviously I chose "other".

I answered your question, if you don't wish to hear the answer, why ask the question? I might pay to put your brain in gear before bouncing people who merely reply to your questions.
October 18th, 2007  
Del Boy

Hey, for Pete's sake someone ask me what a Labradoodle is! Senojekips - you ask me!
October 18th, 2007  
senojekips

But I already know Del Boy. A great combination intelligence plus good family traits.

Ahh,.... go on then, you'd better tell us all.
--
Boots
October 18th, 2007  
Del Boy

No senojekips, i was being serious in this case. i under-estimated you again. i thought it may have been new to you. i thought i could bamboozle you all. i should have known I wouldn't get away with that. I'll get my coat.
October 18th, 2007  
The Other Guy

New Guinea Singing Dog anyone?
October 19th, 2007  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy
No senojekips, i was being serious in this case. i under-estimated you again. i thought it may have been new to you. i thought i could bamboozle you all. i should have known I wouldn't get away with that. I'll get my coat.

Del Boy, They are becoming a very popular family dog in Australia. There were a number of TV interviews with breeders a few years ago and it seem that they have really taken off as family dogs. (As opposed to working dogs).
October 19th, 2007  
Del Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Del Boy, They are becoming a very popular family dog in Australia. There were a number of TV interviews with breeders a few years ago and it seem that they have really taken off as family dogs. (As opposed to working dogs).

True. We've got one in the family. He is very big and powerful, strikingly intelligent, very aggressive appearance and demeanour, wonderful with the kids. Ideal guard dog for home and kids. Lives in Ireland, glad he's on my side.
October 20th, 2007  
deerslayer

Labs, blue heelers, working dogs, basically. I do have a soft spot for Dachsunds, though
October 23rd, 2007  
The Other Guy

I do love hounds... Foxhunting has always interested me... not the British version version that has been outlawed... but rather the Virginian version which is more of "Fox Chasing."
December 2nd, 2007  
Del Boy

I had a great corgi for a long while - our Queen has them too. But it is an interesting breed, short stocky little fellas originally bred for rounding up cattle. They snap at the heels, and duck when the cattle kick out backwards at them. That dog guarded all my kids for a great many years.