What's your favorite dog breed?

What's your favorite dog breed?

• Total voters
I can agree on it being about the trust and loyalty. My two are with me most of the time. Furious will sleep under my desk while I'm on the computer, and Chuckie sleeps at the office door. They even try to follow me into the restroom! (Makes me feel like I did when my kids were little!) :)

Last edited:
My current dog is half Golden lab, half German Shepard.
You know how all the vets and "experts" say a Lab is hyper and a German Shepard is really smart?
Well heres what I have I have a hyper dog that can open the fridge to get her own food. Yes shes that smart. Another thing she does is wait until my 11 year old goes around the block on his skate board, when he leaves there isn't enough fence in the world to keep her from going with him, I even put a double latch on the gate, she figured out how to open it in 15 seconds.Which is a good thing since she will defend my 11 year old with her life, I have the vet bill to prove it too.

Chuckie (rottie) is the same about defending those he loves. My daughter brought home the boyfriend of the month... the boy decided he wanted to give her a hug until Chuckie decided he wasn't going to touch her! It was great! from then on, I never worried about chaperoning the girls if he was in the room with them!

...I don't know how wild I would be about having a dog that is possessive of people in my house. That's an accident waiting to happen.

Today my favorite is the little Yeppie thing my neighbor has, it annoyed the kids across the street until they went back inside and shut the hell up :)

beagles....next in line, would be my boxer/pit mix...she was adorable, then she grew, then she scares me.... god she's big...

Doberman strait up best dog in the world for protection compainionship and its hard to find stupid ones:-D

From a strictly dog behaviour/character POV: Great Dane

Had one once (and so gotta know many others), theyre the probably softest and most obedient dogs I have ever come across (only have one problem from their POV: How do I get on the lap of my boss :-??). You can leave them alone in any place, they won´tmove, you trip on them, they won´t bite, for some time I thought they didnt even know how to growl or bark...

Until one night, when I got attacked by a few skins in the woods (and my dog nowhere to be seen), when he suddenly came like a monster flashing straight out of the dark with a malicious growl and went straight for them, never have anyone seen running so fast (one was shouting: "A panther, a panther...!" :mrgreen:).

OTOH, from a practical POV, they re just too big, do not fit under any table, need lots of food (mine, at 90 kgs downed 3kg of meat every day...) and people get easily afraid just by seeing them.

Rattler

From a strictly dog behaviour/character POV: Great Dane

Had one once (and so gotta know many others), theyre the probably softest and most obedient dogs I have ever come across (only have one problem from their POV: How do I get on the lap of my boss :-??). You can leave them alone in any place, they won´tmove, you trip on them, they won´t bite, for some time I thought they didnt even know how to growl or bark...

Until one night, when I got attacked by a few skins in the woods (and my dog nowhere to be seen), when he suddenly came like a monster flashing straight out of the dark with a malicious growl and went straight for them, never have anyone seen running so fast (one was shouting: "A panther, a panther...!" :mrgreen:).

OTOH, from a practical POV, they re just too big, do not fit under any table, need lots of food (mine, at 90 kgs downed 3kg of meat every day...) and people get easily afraid just by seeing them.

Rattler

indeed those are great dogs to. but they are rather big :p i mean, i find a german shepard almost to big to live in my house let alone a great dane :p

My favourite is for sure german shepperd, I have had 2 of them. Last one died 10 years ago, I suffered so much with his dying I have had not any other dogs although my family still do.

One day he was just behind me, like he always did, I went to bathromm to save myself and he just felt down, he was quite old and in treatment for an injury in leg. That time was holidays and I could´t find a veterinary for him, I put him some water and a portatile air conditioned near him.

All time I stayed near him and I remembered about a friend´s brother who was a veterinary, when he came home who told me that if he had been 24 hours with no pissing is that probably he was in renal failure for infection and that was better to sacrifice him for saving suffering. I agreed cause I saw the dog with bery bad conditions. It was late and there was not anyplace to buy the barbiturics used for this, next morning I went with him, bought the medicine and after that at home we sacrificed him in a rapid and with not any pain way.

Once he died while while we were looking eacother while holding his head and messing his ears like liked he pissed. The veterinary was so surprised, that noble friend had been without pissing while dying just because he was inside home.

I can say I passed almost all those damned 36 hours crying like a boy and also I did when I remembered his eyes looking at me (f***g hell I feel my throat scratching while remembering it now).

It´s so amazing like you can feel that for an animal and I can say I had seen many dead people before this and I never felt that pain, just sorrow, even when some fallen friends.

The nobility of german shepperds is for me supreme.

Solideo, I know exactly how you feel.

I have a German Shepherd, he's now getting on for 3 years old. He and I are inseperable, wherever I am, he's behind me, he follows me everywhere. He's the best buddy I have ever had.

Solideo, I know exactly how you feel.

I have a German Shepherd, he's now getting on for 3 years old. He and I are inseperable, wherever I am, he's behind me, he follows me everywhere. He's the best buddy I have ever had.

Yes probably the better dog, he protects all the family, but for sure, even when my mother feeded him if I called him he came fast, because they always choose his leader in the family, and since a little dog he was always running behind me, he did also when his moment to leave arrived.

I have a german shepherd and am proud of my clever and faithful friend. Love him much.

--------------

searching for cool military clipart

Last edited:
Back