What's your favorite dog breed? - Page 8

View Poll Results :What's your favorite dog breed?
Labs 8 9.30%
Retrievers 6 6.98%
Boxer 1 1.16%
Bulldog 3 3.49%
Poodle 0 0%
Rottweiler 3 3.49%
Terrier 8 9.30%
Mutt 6 6.98%
Other 51 59.30%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

August 4th, 2007  
philam15

That's kinda weird, I've only ever seen a dalmation in a movie, or a picture, never seen one up close. I hear that they are more aggressive, yet you always see them pictured with the little boys red fire engine...
August 4th, 2007  
The Other Guy

mine wasn't that agressive. He'd bark at intruders and generally raise a ruckus, but he wasn't vicious.

here's one picture of him, taken during the mid to late '90s.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 55555.jpg (12.3 KB, 7 views)
August 5th, 2007  
pixiedustboo

Looks like he is waiting for the moment to strike out at your throat to me!

(Seriously though, pretty dog).
--
Boots
August 5th, 2007  
philam15

awww hes handsome!! wish I could have one, but I've never even seen one up close!

anyone ever actually had a poodle, I mean come on they're not bad dogs!!
August 5th, 2007  
Fox

If anyone who has a french poodle in here on Milforum should be out of here. Just kidding.

Nah, my dal isn't that aggressive but selfish, horny, and good dog.
August 5th, 2007  
The Other Guy

no, poodles they're not bad dogs, just overrated and unimpressive.
August 5th, 2007  
Muzzlebrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Quite simple, do some Googling. The Standard Poodle is one of the most intelligent dogs in the world and also a good hunting dog. Shepherds are nice dogs and certainly have the ability to be trained, but if not well trained, relatively brainless, whereas the Poodle is born with a certain amount of instinctive "nous".

Yep, strange but true.

P.S. I have never owned either breed and don't find my favourite on the list either, the Kelpie. They are not for everyone, basically a "working dog, very energetic, intelligent, alert, and will run all day and come back for more.

Hey, bud, I know how to Google. That wasn't my question. This is a military site, right? Belgian Malinois, German Shepherds, Dobermans are all MWDs (Military Working Dogs) yet NONE of them are on this list. Poodles can be as smart as you say but I don't see any of them used by the military. Oh and btw, ANY dog not trained is "brainless". It's not something unique to Shepherds.
September 30th, 2007  
AussieNick

Labradors. I have a 2 and a bit year old male Lab and after nearly 2 years of trouble and drama he has become a fantastic dog
October 3rd, 2007  
Del Boy

Guys - it has to be the LABRADOODLE now , by a distance!
October 7th, 2007  
Irishone

I love lab's too, used to have a golden one when I was younger. Very loyal dog.