What's your favorite dog breed?

What's your favorite dog breed?

• Total voters
Different ones for different things.

I am partial to Golden Retrievers, German Shepard's and Weimaraners though.

I also like Rotties and Pitbull's. Pit's are very misunderstood. If you see or hear of a bad one, it's usually the owners fault. These are great dogs if they are treated correctly.

Last edited:
Yah, but you always here of a rogue Pit that was lovingly raised and then it rips the family's kid face off. How many times have you heard of a rouge...mmm, Irish Setter doing that? :p

I would never have a dog in my home where I feel like I couldn't leave the room for fear of my child.

BTDT with the kids I babysit and it was stressful. (Though it was a German Shepard that I was worried about).

Well, that's true, in regards to how certain breeds can be more scary just because.

Sometimes, brain worms can make dogs aggressive as well. So, often the rogue ones, probably have some type of medical problem thats not being treated.

Well, that's true, in regards to how certain breeds can be more scary just because.

Sometimes, brain worms can make dogs aggressive as well. So, often the rogue ones, probably have some type of medical problem thats not being treated.
I'd be willing to bet that a very minuscule amount of Pit Bulls attack because they have a brain worm, though I am not aware of any percentages.

I have no animosity towards Pit Bulls, but they are certainly a breed that I am much more careful around. I think if a person wants to raise and own a Pit Bull and is willing to take on that responsibility that is great...I believe some dog breeds are wonderful for some people. However I think once a family is started the smart thing to do (for the good of the child) is to be objective of the animals you own. If it is something is potentially dangerous then it should be given up for adoption. Once a child enters the mix one has to think of them.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2004/04/11/news/californian/23_29_184_10_04.txt
Deaths related to pit-bull attacks are not uncommon.

A compilation of statistics by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on fatal dog attacks on human beings shows that American pit bull terriers, or pit bulls, have the worst record of any breed. Between 1979 and 1996, there were 60 fatal attacks across the country by pit bulls on humans. The second-worst record was for rottweilers, with 29 fatal attacks, followed by German shepherds with 19.

Well, the brain worms (not single one) was just one example, their are many type of health problems muts can have that make them aggressive or at least more so than usual.

I agree, I would be nervous having a pit around little kid too. For me, more so out of ignorance than anything else. I have no facts either way, so I would assume best to not take any chances.

Different ones for different things.

I am partial to Golden Retrievers, German Shepard's and Weimaraners though.

I also like Rotties and Pitbull's. Pit's are very misunderstood. If you see or hear of a bad one, it's usually the owners fault. These are great dogs if they are treated correctly.

My baby is a Golden retriever Sheppard mix. every day, I come home to one paw on each shoulder and her snout in my face

Anatolian Shepherd / Kangal

43434.JPG

Quite simple, do some Googling. The Standard Poodle is one of the most intelligent dogs in the world and also a good hunting dog. Shepherds are nice dogs and certainly have the ability to be trained, but if not well trained, relatively brainless, whereas the Poodle is born with a certain amount of instinctive "nous".

Mate you want to see brainless check out the Great Dane, I have two of them, one thinks its a cow and the other cant figure out whether a ranch sliding door is open or not as it has ran through it 4 times breaking the glass and bending the door frame to the point that it has had to be replaced 4 times. Seriously its like owning your very own 4 legged clowns.

Mate you want to see brainless check out the Great Dane, I have two of them, one thinks its a cow and the other cant figure out whether a ranch sliding door is open or not as it has ran through it 4 times breaking the glass and bending the door frame to the point that it has had to be replaced 4 times. Seriously its like owning your very own 4 legged clowns.
Been there and done that. This was taken 30 years ago, Allan was 4 and going through a particularly rough patch. Danny's tail was just the right height to give him a nasty face whipping:lol:

allan78.jpg

I have a rottie and a min-pin. The min-pin thinks he's the boss, and the rottie thinks the min-min is his pet. I took them to see their "uncle" the other day (my brother-in-law was dog sitting for me). The rottie (Chuckie Finster) used the min-pin (Furious) as his pillow! They are just hillarious together.

Attachments

• Phone Pics 114.jpg
    Phone Pics 114.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1
ANY dog breed is a good dog if they are matched with a person on the basis of friendship and loyalty, I love mutts mainly because back in my day, a mutt was a unwanted dog by most people, and my parents could find them pretty cheap or even free. the best dog I had in my entire life was so mixed that to this day I couldn't tell you if there was even any part of a specific breed i that hair ball, I still owe that dog my life to this day.

Back