What's your favorite dog breed? - Page 7

View Poll Results :What's your favorite dog breed?
Labs 8 9.30%
Retrievers 6 6.98%
Boxer 1 1.16%
Bulldog 3 3.49%
Poodle 0 0%
Rottweiler 3 3.49%
Terrier 8 9.30%
Mutt 6 6.98%
Other 51 59.30%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

July 29th, 2007  
Muzzlebrake

Somebody explain to me how a freakin' Poodle can be on this poll and a German Shepherd NOT be? Hello? MWD? Obviously I chose "other".
July 29th, 2007  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzlebrake
Somebody explain to me how a freakin' Poodle can be on this poll and a German Shepherd NOT be? Hello? MWD? Obviously I chose "other".
Quite simple, do some Googling. The Standard Poodle is one of the most intelligent dogs in the world and also a good hunting dog. Shepherds are nice dogs and certainly have the ability to be trained, but if not well trained, relatively brainless, whereas the Poodle is born with a certain amount of instinctive "nous".

Yep, strange but true.

P.S. I have never owned either breed and don't find my favourite on the list either, the Kelpie. They are not for everyone, basically a "working dog, very energetic, intelligent, alert, and will run all day and come back for more.
July 31st, 2007  
major liability

The Welsh Corgi...

Or maybe...

A St. Bernard

It'd be a difficult decision, if I were inclined to own a pet.
--
Boots
August 3rd, 2007  
The Other Guy

lemme add the Canaan Dog as my new Personal Fave.

Dalmatians and German Shorthaired Pointers too, I've owned those dogs.
August 3rd, 2007  
philam15

Why don't you see a lot of dalmations that's what I wanna know...

but my mom has a toy poodle (haha laugh if you want, and no we do not cut his hair in that ridiculous way) named Snuggles (I didn't name him )

and then we have two Jack Russel Terriers, they're pretty good little dogs, I like little dogs best.

But my first favorite besides the dalmation was a huskie. (BALTO!!)

Those welsh corgi things looks pretty cute though
August 3rd, 2007  
Fox

I have a dalmation and short-hair collie.

I'd like to own a German shepherd rather than French poodle....
August 3rd, 2007  
The Other Guy

I like corgis because, unlike a lot of the other "midget" dogs, they actually serve a purpose, and they're less ratlike in shape.

Dals are great, but they're stubborn as heck. I could have yelled my dal into the ground and he'd just fall asleep. Whereas my German Shorthaired Pointer is afraid of the Pekingnese across the street.
August 3rd, 2007  
philam15

are dalmations dying out or something?
August 3rd, 2007  
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by philam15
are dalmations dying out or something?
Nah, they're still in large, I think. But I don't think they are on list of endanger animal.
August 4th, 2007  
The Other Guy

no, they're just rarer than say a golden retriever.