What's your favorite dog breed?

What's your favorite dog breed?

• Total voters
Hey, bud, I know how to Google. That wasn't my question. This is a military site, right? Belgian Malinois, German Shepherds, Dobermans are all MWDs (Military Working Dogs) yet NONE of them are on this list. Poodles can be as smart as you say but I don't see any of them used by the military. Oh and btw, ANY dog not trained is "brainless". It's not something unique to Shepherds.

You asked "Somebody explain to me how a freakin' Poodle can be on this poll and a German Shepherd NOT be? Hello? MWD? Obviously I chose "other".

I answered your question, if you don't wish to hear the answer, why ask the question? I might pay to put your brain in gear before bouncing people who merely reply to your questions.

But I already know Del Boy. A great combination intelligence plus good family traits.

Ahh,.... go on then, you'd better tell us all.

No senojekips, i was being serious in this case. i under-estimated you again. i thought it may have been new to you. i thought i could bamboozle you all. i should have known I wouldn't get away with that. I'll get my coat.

No senojekips, i was being serious in this case. i under-estimated you again. i thought it may have been new to you. i thought i could bamboozle you all. i should have known I wouldn't get away with that. I'll get my coat.

Del Boy, They are becoming a very popular family dog in Australia. There were a number of TV interviews with breeders a few years ago and it seem that they have really taken off as family dogs. (As opposed to working dogs).

Del Boy, They are becoming a very popular family dog in Australia. There were a number of TV interviews with breeders a few years ago and it seem that they have really taken off as family dogs. (As opposed to working dogs).

True. We've got one in the family. He is very big and powerful, strikingly intelligent, very aggressive appearance and demeanour, wonderful with the kids. Ideal guard dog for home and kids. Lives in Ireland, glad he's on my side.

I do love hounds... Foxhunting has always interested me... not the British version version that has been outlawed... but rather the Virginian version which is more of "Fox Chasing."

I had a great corgi for a long while - our Queen has them too. But it is an interesting breed, short stocky little fellas originally bred for rounding up cattle. They snap at the heels, and duck when the cattle kick out backwards at them. That dog guarded all my kids for a great many years.

I have owned a German shepherd ***** who was fantastic, would fight to death for you. I have had a Border Collie one of the cleverist dogs you could own and fantastic company. The other breed that we have had over the years is Irish Setters who need some gentle training but again are very clever but act like big kids who just like to out and about.

There's no doubt that these dogs are great friends- but I can't take the final parting. I'm not so strong on that one.

One of my friends has an Akita. He's a great guard dog. Starts barking if someone approaches the house like 100 feet away. His hearing must be incredible. He's not the friendly type of dog that will jump up on your lap, he doesn't like people that much but he's well-behaved and very loyal.

Back