What's your favorite dog breed?

What's your favorite dog breed?

• Total voters
Somebody explain to me how a freakin' Poodle can be on this poll and a German Shepherd NOT be? Hello? MWD? Obviously I chose "other".

Somebody explain to me how a freakin' Poodle can be on this poll and a German Shepherd NOT be? Hello? MWD? Obviously I chose "other".

Quite simple, do some Googling. The Standard Poodle is one of the most intelligent dogs in the world and also a good hunting dog. Shepherds are nice dogs and certainly have the ability to be trained, but if not well trained, relatively brainless, whereas the Poodle is born with a certain amount of instinctive "nous".

Yep, strange but true.

P.S. I have never owned either breed and don't find my favourite on the list either, the Kelpie. They are not for everyone, basically a "working dog, very energetic, intelligent, alert, and will run all day and come back for more.
100307002.jpg

Last edited:
lemme add the Canaan Dog as my new Personal Fave.

Dalmatians and German Shorthaired Pointers too, I've owned those dogs.

Why don't you see a lot of dalmations that's what I wanna know...

but my mom has a toy poodle (haha laugh if you want, and no we do not cut his hair in that ridiculous way) named Snuggles (I didn't name him :shock:)

and then we have two Jack Russel Terriers, they're pretty good little dogs, I like little dogs best.

But my first favorite besides the dalmation was a huskie. (BALTO!!)

Those welsh corgi things looks pretty cute though

I have a dalmation and short-hair collie.

I'd like to own a German shepherd rather than French poodle....

I like corgis because, unlike a lot of the other "midget" dogs, they actually serve a purpose, and they're less ratlike in shape.

Dals are great, but they're stubborn as heck. I could have yelled my dal into the ground and he'd just fall asleep. Whereas my German Shorthaired Pointer is afraid of the Pekingnese across the street.

That's kinda weird, I've only ever seen a dalmation in a movie, or a picture, never seen one up close. I hear that they are more aggressive, yet you always see them pictured with the little boys red fire engine...

mine wasn't that agressive. He'd bark at intruders and generally raise a ruckus, but he wasn't vicious.

here's one picture of him, taken during the mid to late '90s.

Attachments

• 55555.jpg
    55555.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 7
awww hes handsome!! wish I could have one, but I've never even seen one up close!

anyone ever actually had a poodle, I mean come on they're not bad dogs!!

If anyone who has a french poodle in here on Milforum should be out of here. :D Just kidding.

Nah, my dal isn't that aggressive but selfish, horny, and good dog.

Quite simple, do some Googling. The Standard Poodle is one of the most intelligent dogs in the world and also a good hunting dog. Shepherds are nice dogs and certainly have the ability to be trained, but if not well trained, relatively brainless, whereas the Poodle is born with a certain amount of instinctive "nous".

Yep, strange but true.

P.S. I have never owned either breed and don't find my favourite on the list either, the Kelpie. They are not for everyone, basically a "working dog, very energetic, intelligent, alert, and will run all day and come back for more.
100307002.jpg

Hey, bud, I know how to Google. That wasn't my question. This is a military site, right? Belgian Malinois, German Shepherds, Dobermans are all MWDs (Military Working Dogs) yet NONE of them are on this list. Poodles can be as smart as you say but I don't see any of them used by the military. Oh and btw, ANY dog not trained is "brainless". It's not something unique to Shepherds.

Labradors. I have a 2 and a bit year old male Lab and after nearly 2 years of trouble and drama he has become a fantastic dog

I love lab's too, used to have a golden one when I was younger. Very loyal dog.

Last edited:
Back