What's your favorite dog breed?

What's your favorite dog breed?

• Total voters
Charge 7 said:
I'm shocked you don't have the world's most popular dog breed in your list. Of course I'm taking about the German Shepard. My family has bred them since 1948 - first my father and now me. Our dogs also get their first year of training with us before they go off to work with police agencies, rescue organizations, and healthcare groups. We also sell some pups to the public when they've been thoroughly screened. None of our dogs wind up chained out back of somebody's house or worse yet, as some junkyard dog. They either go into a caring home where people have an understanding of the big active dogs' needs or they go to the above listed groups who get first pick. Currently I have just one male dog and am breeding him through anouther breeder of long reputation in the area. We'll be getting a new female this Spring. Our last female was maliciously killed last Summer. It was claimed they thought she was a coyote. Yeah sure. Four times the size of a coyote and the wrong color, but if people can shoot a Jersey cow thinking it's a deer I guess they _are_ that stupid.

umm charge are the shepards for adoption or sale? ive always wanted a shepard. dont got room for one now but i know people who are interested. they are a great family with a large backyard. so please pm me with some info about your program thx.

Belgian Sheepdog :) -
belgshp.jpg

There won't be any available directly from me, behemoth79, for quite sometime. If you re-read that post you'll see where I stated our breeding female was shot to death last year. We just received our new female. You can see a picture of her over at the "Post a pic of your dog" thread. As she's still only a pup it will be at least a year and half to two years before we breed her. When we do have pups we make up a list of those who want them. Police, rescue and disability organizations get first pick. If there are any pups left over from the litter they go to good private homes that I've checked out. They are always sold with a few exceptions. I have donated pups in the past to disabled people of limited means who have trouble qualifying for aid in buying one.

Right now I breed my male dog with another breeder's dogs. I've known her for years and she is a great person who raises excellent pups. I'll put you in touch with her if it comes to that, but may I suggest that you first try these?

http://adopt-a-german-shepherd.1-800-save-a-pet.com/

These folks find homes for the far too many German Shepherds that went to the wrong people to begin with, or who have lost their family somehow.

http://www.germanshepherdbreeders.com/

This is a national and worldwide listing of breeders. Why by no means all breeders are listed, it is a good place to start.

I always recommend the German line over the American line. They cost about three times as much or more but they are well worth it. You can easily spend much more than the difference in price in vet bills on an American line Shepherd and the German line also lives longer.

I had a Great Pyrenees when I was growing up. She was a fantastic dog and established my love for large dogs. Since meeting Charge though I've come to share his love of German Shepherds. They're almost human! Our new baby, Freya, is just a darling! She's really brought out the mother in me.

The Tibetan Dog you asked about.

lumberjack said:
any body ever heard of a kind of Tibetian dog

it is said to be one of the most fierce dog

Lumberjack, my brother has a Tibetan Mastiff and she is a huge but lovable dog. I would compare her to a Golden Ret. They are very large dogs with fur like wool and they are suppose to be a hypo allergenic animal, they don't shed. She is excellent with their 3 daughters which age range is 3 years down to 8 months old. They are very pretty dogs. I just thought I would reply back to you on this subject because when they brought her home, I had never heard of one either.

The ever faithful guardian, The Akita

I'd also agree on the mutt. If it cant get an AKC registration, it has to be a great dog lol

google Hachiko for a great story on the faithfulness of an Akita.

Do a Google search on greyfriars bobby and you'll find a similar story of a Skye Terrier who stayed at his master's grave for 14 years. The people of Edinburgh, Scotland also have a statue to honor his memory. The tale made a decent Walt Disney movie too.

Nice

The Hachiko story usually doesnt end in the best part at alot of the sites I just checked. I like reading the story :)

The story ends that Japan during WW2 melted the statue down for materials. Then people wanting the statue back later on got the statue. They also put up a statue of the professor so Hachiko and the professor can be together again.

Old English Mastiff... that's a man's dog to be sure.
But for intelligence the Jack Russel Terrier is unmatched.

Come on ppl the weim is the way to go i have researched the weim and talked to ppl that own them... i really think that this is the dog for me!!

Weimeranerererrrs are cool. Bout as bright as a five watt lightbulb but cool. Friend of my brother has one that is a alcoholic and a dope fiend to boot. Good bird dog when he's not too stoned to hunt, the dog, not the owner hehehe.

how does a dog get stoned? anyways, i really like Black Labs, iv never owned one, but iv been around them and i really like them. i used to have a weiner dog, but he had to be put down. right now i have a Welsh Corgi, definitely the dumbest dog i have ever known.

Back