What's Your Favorite Branch Specific War Movie?

Air Force - Pearl Harbor
Navy - Officer and a Gentleman
Army - Hamburger Hill
Marine- Full Metal Jacket
SF - Tie between Black Hawk Down and Dirty Dozen

I was going to pick Annapolis for Navy, but it was the Hardcore Marine that made the movie for me, so I could not honestly count it. ;) Just about any movie with a Leatherneck in it is a favorite of mine. It isn't just the uniform, although that is a plus, but the attitude and the way they carry themselves, (in reality not the movies) that sets the Marines apart from everyone else.

Just don't every expect to hear me say Beat Navy, just not physically able to do so. After all I am an Army Veteran. On the other hand I would never dream of saying Beat Marine during the football game.

Air Force One was not an AIR FORCE movie just because Air Force is in the titile. I belive it was just an action movie involving the "President" and AF1 :visor:

You're right, so, that'd be Memphis Belle for the Air Force, and Guardian for the Coast Guard.

One of the best ones I've seen that was very macho for the Englanders was the Final Option.

Heartbreak Ridge wasn't bad for the Corps, nor was Full Metal Jacket, but they seemed to be more of borderline commercial type movies. One of the best I thought for the Corps, unfortunately, they turned out to be bad guys, was The Rock. That was interesting and good action.

By far, my favorite Army movie is/was We were soldiers. Mel Gibson's great. Black Hawk Down was good too, what a CF that was in real life.

Last edited:
At this point in time...

Army: Apocalypse Now (my best fav), followed by Kelly's Heroes & Glory.

Marines: Windtalkers.

Navy: Master & Commander.

Airforce: Battle of Britain (flaws and all), ...anything Airforce really...Pearl Harbor, Where Eagles Dare, Memphis Belle, etc.

Special Forces: ...not sure maybe Black Hawk Down.

Last edited:
Back