What's Your Favorite Branch Specific War Movie? - Page 3

--
Boots

February 22nd, 2005  
Charge 7

If you wanna call "Heartbreak Ridge" an SF movie then go ahead. I wouldn't argue it. Just stated the way I see that movie and I imagine alot of other folks.
February 22nd, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Eh, if you wanna call "Heartbreak Ridge" an SF movie then go ahead. I wouldn't argue it. Just stated the way I see that movie.

No I totally agree with you. Heart Break Ridge was a Marine movie albiet poorly done and only mildly entertaining. I was just waiting for a DEpper to get indige nt
February 22nd, 2005  
Charge 7

I thought as much 03, was just being clear for said DEPers

The one thing that kinda irked me about that movie was the call for fire being done via a credit card and a phone call to the Pentagon. That actually happened alright, but it was an Army Sergeant that did it - SSG Johnson from the 82nd.

But hey, it had Clint in it so it wasn't all bad.
--
Boots
February 22nd, 2005  
03USMC

Didn't the Eighty Duece take the College also?
February 22nd, 2005  
Charge 7

Yes indeed they did. The Marines were invaluable there though. Still, with all the things they showed in the movie being Army I wonder why they didn't make Clint an All-American?
February 22nd, 2005  
03USMC

Who knows. I know the Corps started out supporting the film and then pulled out when someone actually read the script and realized it portrayed Recon as buncha sh*tbirds and the Gunny as a drunk.
February 22nd, 2005  
GIJane05

Hey I liked Renaissance Man. And Heartbreak Ridge was cool. But then again this is just a DEPpers opinion!
February 22nd, 2005  
Charge 7

We're just jerking your chain, Jane. You better get used to that in the Corps.
July 28th, 2006  
AmericanSweetheart

Favorite Army movie: Anything older the the 80's

Favorite Marine movie:Jarhead or Full metal Jacket

Favorite Navy movie: Annapolis
August 2nd, 2006  
Senior Chief

Favorite Navy movie: Virtually every John Wayne Navy movie, plus a few others, I re-watch them all of the time. I've even been known to record one while another is playing so I can see two of them in the same day.

Favorite Air Force movie: "Twelve O'Clock High" - Greggory Peck
(actually Army but that is a time technicality, Army Air Corps)

Favorite Marine movie: ? Hard to pick one, I like most of them as well.

Favorite Army movie: ?? Really hard to pick here, I grew up around Ft. Leavenworth and have some problems with anything Army. Easiest Choice is "Green Berets" - John Wayne (I know it was a really sanitized movie about the Viet Nam conflict, but it was made as an Anti- antiwar movie.)