What's Your Favorite Branch Specific War Movie?

If you wanna call "Heartbreak Ridge" an SF movie then go ahead. I wouldn't argue it. Just stated the way I see that movie and I imagine alot of other folks.

Charge_7 said:
Eh, if you wanna call "Heartbreak Ridge" an SF movie then go ahead. I wouldn't argue it. Just stated the way I see that movie.

No I totally agree with you. Heart Break Ridge was a Marine movie albiet poorly done and only mildly entertaining. I was just waiting for a DEpper to get indige :lol: nt :lol:

I thought as much 03, was just being clear for said DEPers ;)

The one thing that kinda irked me about that movie was the call for fire being done via a credit card and a phone call to the Pentagon. That actually happened alright, but it was an Army Sergeant that did it - SSG Johnson from the 82nd.

But hey, it had Clint in it so it wasn't all bad. :)

Yes indeed they did. The Marines were invaluable there though. Still, with all the things they showed in the movie being Army I wonder why they didn't make Clint an All-American?

Who knows. I know the Corps started out supporting the film and then pulled out when someone actually read the script and realized it portrayed Recon as buncha sh*tbirds and the Gunny as a drunk.

Favorite Navy movie: Virtually every John Wayne Navy movie, plus a few others, I re-watch them all of the time. I've even been known to record one while another is playing so I can see two of them in the same day.

Favorite Air Force movie: "Twelve O'Clock High" - Greggory Peck
(actually Army but that is a time technicality, Army Air Corps)

Favorite Marine movie: ? Hard to pick one, I like most of them as well.

Favorite Army movie: ?? Really hard to pick here, I grew up around Ft. Leavenworth and have some problems with anything Army. Easiest Choice is "Green Berets" - John Wayne (I know it was a really sanitized movie about the Viet Nam conflict, but it was made as an Anti- antiwar movie.)

Marines: Full Metal Jacket
Army: We Were Soldiers
Air Force: Twelve O'Clock High
Navy: Das Boot
Special Forces: Dirty Dozen

Lets try these few.....
The Battle Of Britain
Theirs Was The Glory
The Red Beret
Cockleshell Hero's
Sink the Bismark
Appointment London
Waterloo
The Charge Of Light Brigade

Army: Kelly's Hero's
Air Force: Twelve O'Clock High (Good movie to study leadership styles)
Navy: Tora, Tora, Tora
Special Forces: Dirty Dozen

Army: Toss-up bw, "We Were Soldiers," "To End All Wars" and "Zulu"
Navy: McHales Navy (series) & Master and Commander
Airforce: Dam Busters

Army: We Were Soldiers, Saving Private Ryans, Patton
Air Force: Air Force One with Harrison Fords?
Navy: Top Gun, Behind Enemy Line, Master & Commander
Marines: Windtalkers, Flags of our Fathers, Full Metal Jacket
Special Force: U-571, Navy SEALs

Army: The Longest Day & Patton

Navy: Midway

Air Force: Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Marines: The Walking Dead

Army: We Were Soldiers, Saving Private Ryans, Patton
Air Force: Air Force One with Harrison Fords?
Navy: Top Gun, Behind Enemy Line, Master & Commander
Marines: Windtalkers, Flags of our Fathers, Full Metal Jacket
Special Force: U-571, Navy SEALs

Air Force One was not an AIR FORCE movie just because Air Force is in the titile. I belive it was just an action movie involving the "President" and AF1 :visor:

Back