What's your experience (cancer)

--
Boots

August 18th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Topic: What's your experience (cancer)

I know that cancer has effected millions of people worldwide. Right now its making a huge impact on my life. My grandpa has cancer, and has been rehospitalized as of Monday. He has some type of infection, but they can't figure out what's wrong with him. He's gone through horrible treatments, and every possible thing that could go wrong, has.

What's others experiences with it? Any advice? I've never lost a grandparent before, and with there being 2 deaths in my family in the past year (pretty hard too, g-grandma starved to death in a coma/unconsciousness, uncle had infazema and spent his last 5 minutes suffocating) I'm pretty torn up already.

Prayers are appreciated, and not only for him, my best friends grandpa has it also, and for all others going through these horrible treatments.
August 18th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Im sorry for your Grandfather, mine died of cancer when I was only a little boy, and I really don't remember the experience. Id tell you to take every moment you can with him, because you never know when he'll be gone. I most regret not being able to communicate my feelings for my grandfather at my age, so make sure you do that too.

Good Luck and May God Bless Him
August 18th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Update.

Ok, you know how a normal persons white blood count is say .... 1500... well, my grandpas is down to 400.

They did x-rays today. Apparently his esophagus is leaking. The 400 WBC count is making it impossible to heal itself. In other words, he isn't allowed to have any more chemo.

I would spend time with him, if he felt like talkin to anyone, or could do anything, or wanted to do anything other then sleep, or if I had the ****ing time.

Ok, sometimes I just get sooooo mad...Help?
--
Boots
August 18th, 2004  
silent driller

I lost my grandfather last summer. It just takes a lot of private time to get past. But if your grandfather goes, only make sure he recieves his last rites(Extreme Unction for you Catholics). Then he can go in peace and his suffering will be over.

...and don't think about the . Think about the life.
August 18th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

I'm trying too. I've never been insanely close to that grandpa... but death effects me in ways I would have never imagined... just because of some past experiences... And... I mean... I'm thinking about the life and all... but his life lately has been suffering... and it's Horrible.

Ok, I'll quit complaining now.
August 18th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

And now I'm waiting to see if I'm going to eat a bunch or not eat at all during this whole thing. One or the other comes at extremes when I get majorly stressed... Someone talk me out of eating so much... jeez
August 18th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Just found out that since his WBC is so low, and I'm coming down with a cold, I'm not allowed to see him anyway.
August 18th, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

My Papaw had Melonoma stage 4 (skin cancer) and he died about 6 months ago. Its a sad thing, but I think chemo doesnt do crap. He just got worse.

I spent lots of time with him so that helped alot. Also my brother has been having dreams with him in it since it happened wierd, but cool.

Hope for the best, and spend lots of time with him.
August 18th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Also my brother has been having dreams with him in it since it happened wierd, but cool.

Sorry for your loss, but dreams like that sound like a really special thing. I cant even remember what my Grandfather looks like.
August 18th, 2004  
bush musketeer

have had nine relatives die from different types of cancer, as well as two mates. all i can really say about cancer is that it suxs, and unfortunatly some medical ppl would rather get paid money for research then try to cure it

all i can say is try what ever it takes to stop it even if the doctors dont believe it will work.( it took the medical profesion over 100 years to agree that the should wash there hands between surgery operations)
chemo in a lot of cases does BUGGER ALL!!!!!!!!!