What's your experience (cancer)

I lost my Grandfather to cancer in the summer of 2000. I was devestated when I heard the news. He probably made the most influence on what I wanted to do with my life. He was a retired Colonel from the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers. He was also the man responsible for Canada acquiring our Leopard tanks (or so I've heard).

My grandpa died of prostate cancer when i was a little girl, he never did the chemo thing or any kind of treatment (he was too proud i guess) his last days (or weeks, months whatever i don't remember) were spent on the living room couch with a little bell to summon my grandma whenever he needed something (it drove her crazy) although i don't remember a whole lot about him i miss him in a sense that he can never tell me about his WW2 experiences and army stories, i would have loved to hear them, right now my grandma's husband has throat cancer and has treatment every month it's in another province though so they drive 4 hours to get there, cancer bites!

GUNNER

My father is currently recovering from the removal of his prostate due to cancer. He is also diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Time is more important than we think.

One of my really good friends is having an ultrasound for ovarian cancer at the end of the month. I told her if she was dianosed with it and things went the way they tend to, I would go wig shopping with her.

My father had a battle with lung cancer, I was 10. Around the same time I think, maybe afterward, his sister had a couple of battles with breast cancer. All I can say is, have them live the world as themselves first and cancer second, my dad did that until March 9 1996. If you ever need to talk Jordan, or Justin, you have my screen name.

My grandma died of Lung cancer at 63, 2 of my friends mom's battled it as well for quite some time before they died.

P.S. Hey, Tim. It's good to see some WCC AFers on here. What a small world!

Trevor said:
P.S. Hey, Tim. It's good to see some WCC AFers on here. What a small world!

Trevor thought you sounded familure. I am Sgt(M) Justin Adkinson, WCC former FSgt(AF)

Cpl(A) Craig Matthews is lurking around here somewhere and CPO1(CG Matt Sallenbach (Ret'd) is here

I know who all you guys are. I'm LC(WCCAF) Trevor Perry in Spitfire Flight, and the Aviation Public relations Rep.

Lots of history of cancer runnin in my family and is a lot to list. All I can say is be strong and supportive towards those that have. Most of the time they do not want to be treated like they have anything wrong. i have always treated people the same regardless of what may be wrong.

Back