Actually I have been told I have a New Yorker accent

Last edited:
***Your Linguistic Profile::***
50% General American English
25% Yankee
20% Dixie
0% Midwestern
0% Upper Midwestern

Where the hell did my Dixie come from? I was member of a civil war re-enactment group and was assigned to the 1ste Virginia Rifle battalion. But that was ages ago. I pride myself for my Queens english.... I am ashamed of myself!

Your Linguistic Profile:

55% General American English

30% Yankee

10% Dixie

0% Midwestern

0% Upper Midwestern

What does this say about myself, Bulldogg?

Italian Guy said:
Hehe. What the hell is a cruller? See this.

A cruller is a long braided pastry. Sort of like a twisted oblong unraised doughnut that's been fried. You can look it up and they'll show you these round tractor tire looking things and tell you that it is a cruller, but in New England, especially Boston, we do not consider this an actual cruller. It is a wannabe cruller. :mrgreen:

35% Dixie
35% General American English
15% Yankee
5% Midwestern
5% Upper Midwestern

Quote: Ted
"Where the hell did my Dixie come from? I was member of a civil war re-enactment group and was assigned to the 1ste Virginia Rifle battalion. But that was ages ago. I pride myself for my Queens english.... I am ashamed of myself!"

Hey Cuz, how y'all, howsyer momma `n' dem?

Last edited:
Ted said:
Where the hell did my Dixie come from? I was member of a civil war re-enactment group and was assigned to the 1ste Virginia Rifle battalion. But that was ages ago. I pride myself for my Queens english.... I am ashamed of myself!

I find that most southerners speak with a great deal of charm. Proper English can at times, sound overly pretentious. I think there is a time and a place for it, general conversation is a place for more relaxed language skills and a good place to throw in those charming colloquialisms. I love listening to the NC/SC/GA/LA accents, they're very relaxing.

45% General American English
40% Yankee
10% Upper-Midwestern
0% Midwestern
0% Dixie

What can I say, I'm a true New Englander! "Wicked!"

Your Linguistic Profile:

50% General American English

20% Dixie

15% Yankee

10% Upper Midwestern

0% Midwestern

Ummmm what does it mean ?

bulldogg said:
It means 20% of yer brain is functioning at a very high level. :)

Hot diggety dang, makes me want to break into song. Okay, everybody now, one..two..three, "Oh, I wish I was in Dixie, hooray, hooray......"

Your Linguistic Profile:

40% General American English

30% Yankee

20% Upper Midwestern

5% Dixie

0% Midwestern

Upper Midwestern is that Minnesota, North and South Dakota, and Dixie the southern states?

sunb! said:
Upper Midwestern is that Minnesota, North and South Dakota, and Dixie the southern states?

Yeah and Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana too I guess.
Dixie is the South (NC, SC, GA, AL, Mississippi, LA, TX, AK, Tennessee, KY...)

Your Linguistic Profile:

45% General American English

30% Yankee

10% Dixie

10% Upper Midwestern

0% Midwestern

All spoken in 100% Norwenglish.. :viking:

Back