What's wrong with this...

--
Boots

May 14th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

Topic: What's wrong with this...

What's wrong with these pictures?

If you look closely at the picture above, you will note that all the Marines pictured are bowing their heads. That's because they're praying.

This incident took place at a recent ceremony honoring the Birthday of the Corps, and it has the ACLU up in arms. "These are federal employees," says Lucius Traveler, a spokesman for the ACLU, "on federal property and on federal time. For them to pray is clearly an establishment of religion, and we must nip this in the bud immediately."

When asked about the ACLU's charges, Colonel Jack Fessender, speaking for the Commandant of the Marine Corps said (cleaned up a bit), "Screw the ACLU." GOD Bless Our Warriors, Send the ACLU to North Koera or Red China.

Please send this to people you know so everyone will know how stupid the ACLU is Getting in trying to remove GOD from everything and every place in America . May God Bless America , One Nation Under GOD!

What's wrong with the pictures?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior. Amen."
May 14th, 2006  
major liability

I agree with you, I don't see why the ACLU should be upset over Marines praying. If they were forcing members of other religions to pray, then they would be at fault, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with "federal employees" showing their own religion.

The ACLU should only get involved if someone's rights are being violated, and I fail to see how Christian Marines praying is a violation of their rights.

Edit: This coming from an agnostic. Some of these people are in it to make trouble, not to defend our civil liberties.
May 14th, 2006  
ASTRALdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
When asked about the ACLU's charges, Colonel Jack Fessender, speaking for the Commandant of the Marine Corps said (cleaned up a bit), "Screw the ACLU." GOD Bless Our Warriors, Send the ACLU to North Korea or Red China.
Best quote ever...
--
Boots
May 14th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Good thread. Yeah I'm an agnostic like Major Liability and I agree with Col. Fessender.
May 14th, 2006  
bulldogg

I got this in an email from my Uncle a few months ago.

Nothing wrong here.
May 14th, 2006  
phoenix80

It offends pro-terrorist/pro-criminal/pro-idiots ACLU and that is why they are against it.
May 14th, 2006  
PJ24

Topic: False!

This was debunked a while ago as a "joke" or "hoax," or what I like to call outright lying propaganda.

Snopes.com

I'm not a huge fan of the ACLU, but even this was a little too much for me to believe.

There is also no USMC Col. by the name of Col. Jack Fessender.
May 14th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Thank you PJ, very appropriate post.
May 14th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

LOL, I would say so...
May 14th, 2006  
major liability

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ24
This was debunked a while ago as a "joke" or "hoax," or what I like to call outright lying propaganda.

Snopes.com

I'm not a huge fan of the ACLU, but even this was a little too much for me to believe.

There is also no USMC Col. by the name of Col. Jack Fessender.
That's a relief. I often disapprove of the actions of the ACLU, but I do believe that such organizations are crucial in the maintenance of American freedoms.