What's Unusual About These Words

Missileer

There Is Something Unusual About These Words, See If You Can Figure It Out.

The Answer Is Below... But Don't Peek Until You've Give It A Good Shot!

Assess

Banana

Dresser

Grammar

Potato

Revive

Uneven

Voodoo

OK, See If You Can Figure Out What These Words Have In Common........

Are You Peeking Or Have You Already Given Up? ?
Give It Another Try....

See below...

OK... Here You Go... Hope You Didn't Cheat. This Is Cool.

Answer:

In All Of The Words Listed,
If You Take The First Letter,
Place It At The End Of The Word,
And Then Spell The Word Backwards,
It Will Be The Same Word.

deerslayer said:
ah- they're all palindromes.
No they're not to be pallindromic they must spell backwards as well as forwards without moving any letters.
e.g. TooT ,DaD,BooB, BoB etc...
Whats the longest pallindrome you know of?

C/1Lt Henderson said:
I was going to say they all have two pairs of the same letter...like two n's and two a's...oh well...pretty cool ...

I was also thinking along those lines. But the first word puts an end to that thought.... But he... we were close Henderson!

sven hassell said:
No they're not to be pallindromic they must spell backwards as well as forwards without moving any letters.
that would be "redivider" thank you.lol...

and ted, thats not necessarily true...assess... technically thats two pairs of a letter...

sven hassell said:

crap, why did I say that?

When I was in second grade, my buddy bet that I couldn't think of over 100 palindromes... I stayed up till 3 in the morning till I had about 250- then failed a test and made the first B of my life.

When I was in second grade, my buddy bet that I couldn't think of over 100 palindromes... I stayed up till 3 in the morning till I had about 250- then failed a test and made the first B of my life.

Nice.

Longest palindrome right here:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Star? Not I! Movie – it too has a star in or a cameo who wore mask – cast are livewires. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Soda-pop straws are sold, as part-encased a hot tin, I saw it in mad dog I met. Is dog rosy? Tie-dye booths in rocks. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All ewes lessen ill. I see sheep in Syria? He, not I, deep in Syria, has done. No one radio drew old one. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many moths – I fondle his; no lemons are sold. Loot delis, yob, moths in a deli bundle his tin. Pins to net a ball I won – pins burst input. I loot to get a looter a spot paler. Arm a damsel – doom a dam. Not a base camera was in a frost, first on knees on top spot. Now a camera was a widened dam. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ask: Cold, do we dye? No, hot – push tap, set on to hosepipe. Nuts in a pod liven. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A chasm regrets a motto of a fine veto of wars. Too bad – I all won. A sadist sent cadets – a war reign a hero derides. A bad loser, a seer, tossed a cradle – he begat to cosset – a minaret for Carole, Beryl, Nora. We’re not as poor to self. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I risk cold as main is tidal. As not one to delay burden, I don’t set it on “hot”. A foot made free pie race losses runnier. As draw won pull, eye won nose. Vile hero saw order it was in – even a moron saw it – no, witnessed it: Llama drops – ark riots. Evil P.M. in a sorer opus enacts all laws but worst arose. Grab a nosey llama – nil lesser good, same nicer omen. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In pins? No, it is open. If a top spins, dip in soot. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Madam, as I desire, dictates: Pull aside, damsels, I set a rag not for a state bastion. A test I won e.g. a contest I won. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kidnap, in part, an idle hero. Megastars, red, rosy, tied no tie. Blast! A hero! We do risk a yeti’s opposition!"[/FONT]

the rest is all at the link and believe me, its long.

http://www.palindromelist.com/longest.htm

Back