Topic: What's the result,if US troops meet PLA in Korea again

haha, I believe it will be a war with no result
January 31st, 2005  
Lil Hulk 1988

Topic: Re: What's the result,if US troops meet PLA in Korea again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironface
haha, I believe it will be a war with no result
I agree, nothing would change, just like the first time.
January 31st, 2005  
Sexybeast

similiar like wut happened 50 years ago..

china and north korea suffers more but still hold the line..
U.S suffer some and finally its ppl get tired of war and a peace treaty came up, another 38 th parralle...

however, if north korea got beaten up very bad...they may use nukes to revenge on south korea, japan, or U.S bases in asia, or U.S aircraft carrier fleet...

then the turn out will be very unpleasant
--
Boots
January 31st, 2005  
A Can of Man

I don't even think we can really predict this one. It's got so many dependent clauses.
January 31st, 2005  
MadeInChina

i hope not, we already have iraq and other places in the world to deal with rite now, and plus,. irans going in a bad direction 2
January 31st, 2005  
Whispering Death

Theoretically I think the U.S. would win. It would be a costly war for both sides and I think the terms of the peace treaty would be a conditional surrender with only slight land loss for china that would be given to a unified democratic Korea as a buffer territory.

But of course this is all wild speculation since we really have no clear basis on which to evaluate such an event, there are many many many many variables at play. You can take my opinion apart all you want, it's just speculation and there is no way any of us could really prove or disprove any of the opinions in this thread.
January 31st, 2005  
MadeInChina

therotically speaking also, it also depends on the timeline, if the war happened near out time now, then us would have a disadvanteage, in other words, if the us forces are occupying and struggling with iraq and iran still, then they could lose
January 31st, 2005  
A Can of Man

The thing is, if China does end up in Korea in a military standpoint, you'd be going up against not only South Korea, but also the USA and Japan because the fall of South Korea will be a direct security threat to Japan, and therefore, under the laws governing the Self Defense Forces, intervention is easily possible.
Then the usual good samaritans of Canada, UK and Australia will no doubt show up to play their part as well.
Add that with South Korea's military and the PLA's got some serious work to do.

Personally, I think the question is too small (as in you're asking about a player among many). Remember the US ground forces in Korea right now are merely a token presence, and the majority of the American support will come from the air and sea.
This really should be a part of a Hypothetical Future Korean War thread.
January 31st, 2005  
Redneck

ironface, do not post again until you have read and understand the forum rules.