whats the real deal on getting in/marijuana?

therise21

well i have a friend who i am pretty close to talking into joining the army with me. this dude is a pretty heavy pothead(like everyday). now i have been researching this and have read several different things, such as just lie to them and make sure you can pass the drug test, that its ok and they dont really care, and that you would get disqualified if you tell them. he is pretty serious about joining and i am just wondering what direction to point him in.
thanks, matt

therise21 said:
well i have a friend who i am pretty close to talking into joining the army with me. this dude is a pretty heavy pothead(like everyday). now i have been researching this and have read several different things, such as just lie to them and make sure you can pass the drug test, that its ok and they dont really care, and that you would get disqualified if you tell them. he is pretty serious about joining and i am just wondering what direction to point him in.
thanks, matt

You should point him to another career. If he was serious about joining, he would stop using illegal drugs.

It will take approx. 30 days of abstention to pass a current urine test if using pot.If the test is DNA based (e.g.hair folicle test) it is possible of indicating use up to six months.
Random testing once servbing is also in place.
Tell him to give up and shape up or find a different career.

Hi Matt, you should tell your friend I know about this US guy who was serving here in the USN and he had family here too. He stumbled across a random test and traces of marijuana were detected in his body (or urine, I'm not sure). He'd probably smoked the night before but that cost him his job. He was immediately sent back to the US along with his family. If your friend is determined to enter the military he must quit using illegal substances. Simple and clear.

Truth be told I dont really want my saftey in the hands of a "dude thats like stoned everyday."

I just graduated boot camp. A recruit popped on his piss test while at Parris Island and he got sent home. I don't know much more than that. Hope that helps.

Back