What's the most effective weapon in the US arsanal?

--

February 1st, 2006  
Comandos

Topic: What's the most effective weapon in the US arsanal?

Hi,
First let me introduce myself, i'm in 10th grade, and today our world history teacher asked us to find out what's the US most effective weapon. Please don't sat "nucks" as we all know that are powerfull, but I', asking for the most effectvie weapon. Thanks for your help.
February 2nd, 2006  
Maytime

Our minds.
February 2nd, 2006  
IAmFighter

The US Armed Forces possess a huge technological edge in equipment, and train constantly at areas such as the National Training Center against a perfessional OPFOR. Add to that some of the best strategic and tactical doctrine out there and a strong desire for victory and it's definately a winning combination.
--
February 2nd, 2006  
Comandos

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmFighter
The US Armed Forces possess a huge technological edge in equipment, and train constantly at areas such as the National Training Center against a perfessional OPFOR. Add to that some of the best strategic and tactical doctrine out there and a strong desire for victory and it's definately a winning combination.
ok... where's my weapon?
February 2nd, 2006  
Rabs

Maybe the Nimitz class CVNs or the B-2 or the work horse F-16 or M-16.
February 2nd, 2006  
FutureDevilDog

Too broad of a question. Most effective for what?
February 2nd, 2006  
Whispering Death

Each weapon is a tool for a particular job.

Taking the US Arsenal as a whole is like looking at a big toolbox. The bredth of your question is like asking us to say whether the screwdriver or the hammer is better.
February 2nd, 2006  
CanadianCombat

Please narrow it down, or ask your teacher if he even knows. lol
February 2nd, 2006  
LeEnfield

A very simple question it would appear, but weapons are designed to do certain jobs, if one was in the Air Force then you would swear that one of your aircraft would fit the bill. If you were in the Navy you would look at your Aircraft Carriers or Nuclear Submarines. In the Army it would depend again on what type of unit you were serving with, some one in the Tanks would pick a Tank, in the Artillery then you would have your favourite Gun and so on through all the units. As there are more infantry require in war than any other unit then it is most likely it would be some thing to do with them.
February 2nd, 2006  
c/Commander

The Nimitz-class CVNs, plus a San Antonio-class LPD, could fight most minor wars on their own and expect to win.