What's the most effective weapon in the US arsanal? - Page 2

--

February 2nd, 2006  
Whispering Death

The Nimitz would probobly be the best choice. I was thinking more along the lines of munitions and delivery systems since he said "weapon" and "nuke".

But if we are open to platforms as well the Nimitz isn't a bad choice at all, maybe the B-2 bomber you could add to that.
February 2nd, 2006  
Forrest_Gump

Like most other military forces the most powerful weapon a nation puts onto the field of battle are Soldiers, Marines, Airmen, and Sailors. Everything else is an add-on for the particular job at hand.
February 2nd, 2006  
Maytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump
Like most other military forces the most powerful weapon a nation puts onto the field of battle are Soldiers, Marines, Airmen, and Sailors. Everything else is an add-on for the particular job at hand.
That's correct. The weapons and tools we use are only as good as the people using them, which is where our strength lies.
--
February 3rd, 2006  
Young Winston

money.
February 3rd, 2006  
USMCLTCOLBULLSEYE

The individual Marine, Sailor, Solidier, Airmen
February 3rd, 2006  
sven hassell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Winston
money.
That is the correct answer,go to the top of the class.
February 3rd, 2006  
PJ24

Money isn't the most effective. You can throw money at problems all day long, and it won't fix them. Money is a tool. It helps pay for the weapons, training etc. but it is up to the Soldiers/Sailors/Airmen/Marines to get the job done using the tools provided. If they aren't up to snuff, no amount of money in the world will help.

As others have said, the most effective weapon the US military has is the individual serviceman/woman working as a combat effective team.
February 3rd, 2006  
Whispering Death

money?
See: Vietnam
February 4th, 2006  
Obvious

LGM-30 Minuteman ICBM nuke.
February 4th, 2006  
Doug97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comandos
First let me introduce myself, i'm in 10th grade, and today our world history teacher asked us to find out what's the US most effective weapon. Please don't sat "nucks" as we all know that are powerfull, but I', asking for the most effectvie weapon. Thanks for your help.
I can't believe your teacher actually asked such a vague question. Why don't you post, word-for-word, what they ACTUALLY asked you, then maybe you can get an answer?