What's going on in Italy!? - Page 2

--
Boots

March 17th, 2005  
MontyB

Quote:
That's a strong statement. People have amazing abilities to connect the dots and complete a picture, truth looks very different in everyone's eyes.
Very true.
March 22nd, 2005  
Italian Guy

I think I can help out here.
What our President said is perfectly understandable and has NOTHING to do with withdrawing troops the way Spain did. Nor has the intelligence agent murder anything to do with it.
We have been there for 2 years now.
We proved we're reliable allies.
The mission goal was to bring democracy to the country and help the stabilization process complete. We are doing that or helping doing that.
If anything, the communist journalist story in fact strengthened the support for the gov, since she acted unresponsibly.
The US, the UK, Australia, Poland and all the others can't wait to pull out troops from there. What our Prez said is that "We will maybe begin to slowly decrease the number of our troops from sept, IF the transitional process in Iraq is working good and TOGETHER with the coalition troops, within a multinational frame.
Since we all need that this current gov be reelected next year, we may understand what those words mean.
As a matter of fact, though, we are having Local elections early next month so Prez said that with that in mind too.
Nothing like Spain, you guys can fully trust me.
March 22nd, 2005  
A Can of Man

Sounds decent enough.
After all, he is a politician and so he knows he's got to get the troops out as soon as the Italian mission is complete.
--
Boots
March 24th, 2005  
Knightraptor

You also have to take into account that not all countries can sustain years of war. The economy takes a hit. I would like to see more countries helping us but sometimes its just too much.
March 24th, 2005  
A Can of Man

You got a point there.
March 24th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

hey Italian Guy

what ever came of that info I gave you on Iraq that you used for your blog in Italian?

SGT Doody
March 24th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
hey Italian Guy

what ever came of that info I gave you on Iraq that you used for your blog in Italian?

SGT Doody
Replied on PM.