What's everyone's position (not rank) in their unit?

Trevor said:
A C/MSgt as a cadet commander???? Nice work! How many people are in your squadron?? Do you not have any cadet officers in your squadron?

Heh, not something I reccommend makin a goal or anything. We lost all of our C/Officers and NCO staff at one time, and I was a C/SrA - transition to C/SSgt at the time. We had 1 C/Officer who had been the Cadet Commander for over a year, but they needed change, so when he found out the plan, he quit. My sq cc calls me an answer to prayers, I say its my cadets. Yes, they are little demons at times ( :twisted: smiley anyone?) but they also have times where I have never been more proud.

It had to be the most humbling experience of my career in CAP. Other then Color Guard. So I don't get a lot of the C/CC glory, and I still do a lot of the work of other positions. I only really have 11 - 12 cadets, but, they keep me busy!!

One of the things I can give advice on is what not to do. :roll: But hey... that works too.

NCdt Steliga said:
One of the CSTC's I was at a few years ago doesn't really go by that system.

The Atlantic Region Gliding School Staff Cadet positions are mainly based on if you're Famil Pilot rated or not. If you are, chances are you'll either be the Camp WOI or Glider Staff Cpl. The non-famil pilots are usually given the more desk type jobs such as Duty, MIR, Admin (SL Grads who come to RGS(A) usually get that job), and ITAC F/Sgt.

I was going to do that last summer, but I was accepted into the Reg Force, and wasn't really allowed to work there that summer as a staff Cadet, and since I hadn't done my BOQ, I couldn't be an officer there. However, in the summer of '06, I can apply for an Officer position there provided I'm not doing anything for RMC that summer.

RGS's are usually different from CSTC's. The Staff keep their home rank. GLider staff Cpl??? Never heard of that before.

Bravo flight Commander, and Aerospace education officer. I had to cut back on how many positions I held in my SQ. Unfortunatly I am in a thing called college and have run out of room for CAP. That's also why I'm not around much.

Trevor said:
NCdt Steliga said:
One of the CSTC's I was at a few years ago doesn't really go by that system.

The Atlantic Region Gliding School Staff Cadet positions are mainly based on if you're Famil Pilot rated or not. If you are, chances are you'll either be the Camp WOI or Glider Staff Cpl. The non-famil pilots are usually given the more desk type jobs such as Duty, MIR, Admin (SL Grads who come to RGS(A) usually get that job), and ITAC F/Sgt.

I was going to do that last summer, but I was accepted into the Reg Force, and wasn't really allowed to work there that summer as a staff Cadet, and since I hadn't done my BOQ, I couldn't be an officer there. However, in the summer of '06, I can apply for an Officer position there provided I'm not doing anything for RMC that summer.

RGS's are usually different from CSTC's. The Staff keep their home rank. GLider staff Cpl??? Never heard of that before.

RGS(Atlantic) uses a completely different system than anyone then. There are 2 Glider Flights with staff of 4 Cpl's and 1 F/Sgt. The ITAC's (1 Flight in 1st intake, 2 in the second) are watched over by the Camp WO1 and either another F/Sgt, or just recently, a WOII. Duty is done by 3 Sgt's, Admin is 2 Cpl's and MIR is another Cpl.

All ranks and positions are assigned when you get to RGS. If we kept the home rank for the staff, there would be a lot of WOI's and WOII's running around as staff. (About 80% of the staff when I did it was at least WOII)

Well since most of you know i am not in JROTC anymore i will tell you who i was when i was in JROTC.

I was the Fall-guy for basically everyone in AFJROTC, whenever something went wrong i got blamed, technically i was supposed to be the highest rank in my class, i passed every promotion test but because of circumstances i do not wish to explain at the moment i could not get promoted so i was the lowest rank, everytime something bad happened Col. Mac would bust me for it, and everyone in class would laugh at me and make fun of me, i think they were just jealous because i had the highest PFT score in the class.
when i wasn't getting blamed for something though i was leading the squadron in history discussion and kicking ass in drills.

lewis9119 said:
i have to tell them what to do.and i am secend in command

are you sure you're not making this up? second in command as a staff sgt must mean that there isnt many senior cadets because in another post you said that you just went from a pvt to a staff sgt...

That was exactly my point. Here's a quiz question for you, Lewis. What is the name for the second-in-command of a unit?

Quit bashing the poor kid. I was a Cadet Commander the night I got promoted from a C/SrA to a C/SSgt.

Not everybody's cadet career is wonderfully in order.

Yeah...especially not mine...wowza mine was weird at first, coming from USNSCC I jumped pretty far pretty fast...then the damn CO graduated 9 months later and left 2 semesters' worth of FITREPS and other assorted paperwork for the XO and I to dig through. Good luck, Lewis...you ever need help with any promotion board tests or anything, PM me. :rambo:

They do have a point, though crazy. a 13 year old kid doesn't become a SSgt practically right up when he joins.

Please do not let your opinions of this matter show up on the forums again. Instead, please PM a mod with your concerns. We have read them all, and are taking further action to figure this out and find out if there is even a problem. Thank you.

All further comments on this will be deleted.

Get back on topic.

Back