Whats the difference betweem Paris Island and San Diego

FutureDevilDog

I look at the google sattalite maps thing and it looks like the recruit depot in san diego (dont know its name) is all urban and it looks like Paris Island is in the middle of the forest. Also is the training just as tough at both?

thanks

the hollywood Marines get to live around all sorts of civilization while the real Marines live in the middle of BFE. not only that but the hollywood Marines get to take a nice drive on the I-5 up to Camp Pendleton for the last 2 months of there boot camp where everynight they can see the ocean and freedom. the hollywood Marines ***** about all there hills that supposedly make it harder but they arent fighting sand fleas day in and day out and 100+ degree weather w/ all the 85% humidity all the time. the stench of a water sewage plant and the PT field being soaked up to the ankle in raw sewage. yeah, the real Marines come from PI

PS. i knew i would get you back 03 :).

MilidarUSMC said:
the hollywood Marines get to live around all sorts of civilization while the real Marines live in the middle of BFE. not only that but the hollywood Marines get to take a nice drive on the I-5 up to Camp Pendleton for the last 2 months of there boot camp where everynight they can see the ocean and freedom. the hollywood Marines b**ch about all there hills that supposedly make it harder but they arent fighting sand fleas day in and day out and 100+ degree weather w/ all the 85% humidity all the time. the stench of a water sewage plant and the PT field being soaked up to the ankle in raw sewage. yeah, the real Marines come from PI

PS. i knew i would get you back 03 :).

Another load of sour grapes from a Stump Jumpin, Swamp Rat PI Marine. Milidar were things really that bad in Fourth Bn? :lol:

You forgot the issued Raybans, beach umbrellas, Weekend libo, and blondes in bikinis. ;)

Marine Recruit Depot San Diego is in the Middle of San Diego. As a matter of fact the PT field is next to the San Diego Airport. And yes you can see the "world" from just about anywhere on the Depot. So it gives you a so close but yet so far feeling..
The PI Marines may gripe about sand fleas right up til the time they get posted to Pendelton and have to hump B#tch Ridge, Mount Mutha, the Loop, Recon Ridge and Case Springs ;) Then they get a whole new respect for us Hollywood Marines.

But in the end a Marine is a Marine no matter what Depot they went to.

silent driller said:
You, sir, are a shmuck!

Who is that directed at? Seems to me that my comments were directed at Milidar who is a Brother Marine (Rotorhead thu he is) who understands the Dozens cut by Hollywood and PI Marines and knows it's a game.

Poolees don't get to play that game until they become Marines. Graduate Boot and get back to me.

hey i dont have to hump those crazy mountains, i just fly over them and pick you ground pounders up so you dont have to either. and please dont get my freshly polished boots dirty :)

MilidarUSMC said:
hey i dont have to hump those crazy mountains, i just fly over them and pick you ground pounders up so you dont have to either. and please dont get my freshly polished boots dirty :)

Yeah so how come I always had to wait 3 hours after End Ex in the LZ cause " Helo's are late". Ohhhh Yeah forgot 1130 to 1530 is the wings lunch "hour" :p

By the way how to polish boots over that nasty hydralic fluid ya got splashed all over them? :p

But anyway thanks for the lift Rotorhead. ;) :D

Poolees are persons enlisted in a RSS Recruitment Pool waiting to ship to MCRD same as DEPPERS.

as soon as i figure out how to polish my boots w/ the hyde fluid all over them ill let you know :) now let me go ponder this task :p and as far as us being late...umm ill just go #2 flight boost pump indicator popped and we had to figure out what was wrong and whether or not we should repair or hop on a new bird :p.

i forgot to say that after i find out about the pop i go back into the ready room drink a couple cups of coffee play some Counter-strike and just hang out w/ the HAC while the knuckle draggers figure something out which can ofcourse take 5hrs, so there is a valid reason for it :p

MilidarUSMC said:
and as far as us being late...umm ill just go #2 flight boost pump indicator popped and we had to figure out what was wrong and whether or not we should repair or hop on a new bird :p.

Translated ^^^^^^^ " Crap we had to run to Mainside for chow at Mickey D's. And while we were there we figured hittin the main PX would be okay and what was wrong with bowlin a few frames. ;) :p :p :p :p

not to mention that i need a DoD sticker so i just thought i would run into the JRC and get one real "quick." also that new movie just came out might as well while were here :p

MilidarUSMC said:
not to mention that i need a DoD sticker so i just thought i would run into the JRC and get one real "quick." also that new movie just came out might as well while were here :p

Thats a lie there ain't no new movies on base. You jetted out to Camino Real didn't ya. :p

hehehe. You guys are crack ups! Seems the old rivalry never goes away...

But on the other hand, isn't MCRD San Diego on the base closure list?

as bad at MCRDSD does at putting out real Marines, they still put out Marines, dont know why they would kill it.

MilidarUSMC said:
as bad at MCRDSD does at putting out real Marines, they still put out Marines, dont know why they would kill it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bwwwwwwwaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa. Stop....laughing...too hard....sides...hurt.

A winger talking about Real Marines. Bwwwaahaaaahaaaaa!!!!!!!!

So Plt # was 40 what? We know what they train at PI ;) :lol:

Back